The discovery thread!
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #92,416 of 106,661
I'm an Effect Audio fanboy so my rec is the Effect Audio X Griffin cable at $199, but if you want to go with an 8w and match the purple colorway of the Neo5, there's the Effect Audio × Z Review cable for a bit more at $329.

They both come with modular IEM connectors and terminations, but I think the Griffin only includes 1 termination plug option so you'll have to purchase the others separately.

..and you don't even have to deal with AE. They're on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/HiFiGo-Earphone-High-Purity-Interchangeable-Connector/dp/B0CFKYSKJD?th=1
https://www.amazon.com/HiFiGo-Review-10th-Anniversary-Cadmus/dp/B0CLYFFGSP?th=1

1704482841749.png1704483198862.png
I’ve always thought Effect was a little too pricey but… maybe it’s not so bad. I might look into one of theirs, I quite like how the OG Cadmus looks as well.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #92,417 of 106,661
I’ve always thought Effect was a little too pricey but… maybe it’s not so bad. I might look into one of theirs, I quite like how the OG Cadmus looks as well.
Yup, they're definitely pricey. The main reason why I like them is because they have modular connectors with their ConX system.

Elysian Acoustics uses the pentaconn ear connector for all their IEMs so when I was looking to buy another cable for the Diva, I had pretty limited options. It was either buy an expensive pentaconn ear cable that I could only use with the Diva or go with an Effect Audio cable that could be used with any IEM. I like to cable roll so I went with Effect Audio.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #92,418 of 106,661
The difference in the quality and quantity of amplification I personally perceive always and clearly, the differences in cables are just a breeze caused by the flapping of butterfly wings. (And I'm still not sure if the butterfly flew by at all.)
The butterflies in the stomach of "believers" to spread the wings of this analogy further :)
Oh guys, KZ AS24 has a discount roughly $80 posted currently.
415008845_865943071997807_2236207448769340063_n.jpg
Cool! I felt I was robbing kztws with a double discount for $86 for my second copy, now it is more fair :)
(and, no I am not affiliated with KZ in any shape and form; just my limited form of support getting a second copy of IEMs that really worked for me).
possibly they are prepping for the next gen and clearing out the stock.

but review so far,
but this IEMs is detail monster for the price, good for string instruments, but the fine tuning might not be for everyone.

pretty sure Red and the late American Spirit wrote pretty extensive review of this thing if you need more info
AS24 are a great successor of AS16, more refined, more versatile.
For me, again, the position of the switches is close to ideal - too bassy and to lean at the extremes.
It can be that AS24 is too lean for some, but then ZAT should be ideal. If not for KZ stigmas - I do not understand how one of AS24 and ZAT would not work...
I wish again ZAT would be made more Harman, more lean - I would take it as ZAT X, ZAT pro, etc
That is a sign that a "PRO" or "ULTRA" version of this pokemon is going to come out next week.

They need to get rid of existing stock before launching more pokemons into the wild.
What is in your opinion AS24 lack compared to your favourite all-BAs?
Did you have a chance to hear ZAT?

(I still could not resist to continue to participate in this forum.... yet...)

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #92,420 of 106,661
Yup, they're definitely pricey. The main reason why I like them is because they have modular connectors with their ConX system.

Elysian Acoustics uses the pentaconn ear connector for all their IEMs so when I was looking to buy another cable for the Diva, I had pretty limited options. It was either buy an expensive pentaconn ear cable that I could only use with the Diva or go with an Effect Audio cable that could be used with any IEM. I like to cable roll so I went with Effect Audio.
I really like the ability to swap between MMCX and 2-pin, haven’t seen many cables with as many modular functions as these, and lots of different sellers too.

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #92,421 of 106,661

They are pricy, but I find their presentation and build quality justify the price tag. Of course I’m talking about the cheapest series of EA (Cadmus, Ares), not the crazy multi-kilobuck cables. To me, the price of the budget line of EA is already at the limit of what I am willing to spend on a cable. Having used cables from a few other cable makers, I would go with EA if I spend that money. The only problem is that EA cables are quite beefy, whilst my main IEMs are small.

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #92,422 of 106,661
They are pricy, but I find their presentation and build quality justify the price tag. Of course I’m talking about the cheapest series of EA (Cadmus, Ares), not the crazy multi-kilobuck cables. To me, the price of the budget line of EA is already at the limit of what I am willing to spend on a cable. Having used cables from a few other cable makers, I would go with EA if I spend that money. The only problem is that EA cables are quite beefy, whilst my main IEMs are small.
Yea, totally agree. I should also mention that I do most of my listening at home so I prefer their 8w cables, but they're not ideal if you're on the go. I definitely feel the weight difference with the 8w hanging from my ears when I'm walking around so I prefer to go with a lighter cable for outdoor use.

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #92,423 of 106,661
I 100% agree on the statement about this being the maximum i would pay for just about any cable. i could spend that money on just about any other IEM and get more out of it, but there are some mighty fine cables out there that justify around the 200-300 tier.

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #92,424 of 106,661
So, I bought a NiceHCK F1 Pro the blue and new one. It's pretty good. I reviewed it on my Youtube, a few other good impressions of it. I encourage you guys to try it, especially if you don't normally like planars. Well-packaged little thing. Love it at the price.

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #92,425 of 106,661
So, I bought a NiceHCK F1 Pro the blue and new one. It's pretty good. I reviewed it on my Youtube, a few other good impressions of it. I encourage you guys to try it, especially if you don't normally like planars. Well-packaged little thing. Love it at the price.
Watched it yesterday. Great review, J!
F1 Pro looks neat.

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #92,426 of 106,661
worth getting if you already have one of the newer planars?

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #92,427 of 106,661
F1 Pro is pretty tempting however my appetite for planar in ears is waning as my collection grows, probably going to wait till Timeless 2 comes out and see how that one does before splurging on this one.

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #92,428 of 106,661
Hey guys, My New Year is already amazing I received the Questyle QP2R right on the first day of the year, thanks to DHL(Yeah they charged me a bit in customs but hey that's okay.

1704102423479.png
20240104_194500_HDR.jpg

Cheers! Fellow QP2R user here.

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #92,429 of 106,661
This new Seahorse case is the perfect size for 3 IEMs (of course it'll be more tidy with cable ties) and two small DAPS. Very happy with this purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_4540.jpg
    IMG_4540.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #92,430 of 106,661
What is in your opinion AS24 lack compared to your favourite all-BAs?
Did you have a chance to hear ZAT?

The KZ AS24 is not a bad set by any means, extremely technical piece of kit. But I'll deduct some marks cause of the bad fit (HUGE shells) and artificial timbre. It is very versatile (256 tuning configurations to be exact), but some might say that is a major overkill and that the company is throwing as much stuff on the wall and hoping one of the 256 configurations sates the appetite of the customer.

My current favourite all BA set is the Sony M9, not a fair comparison cause it is in the TOTL price bracket, but the M9 has better technicalities and is much smoother with a more natural timbre. Not tunable though.

I've sold away the Audiosense T800, so can't do any A/B comparisons now, but from aural memory, I recall the T800 to have a more natural bass that sounds close to a DD than a BA bass, and it was perhaps a bit more technical and better fitting.

Another pure BA (single BA actually), I'm using is the AFUL MagicOne. That is much harder to drive, but has a more natural timbre though weaker technical chops than the AS24. It sounds very much like a multi-driver instead of a traditional single BA due to some exotic tech inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back