The discovery thread!
Dec 31, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #92,086 of 106,549
PSX_20231231_161523.jpg

Creative Aurvana is finally here. Purchased from the Creative website and they sent it very quick.

Before I deep dive into the impressions, I should mention that I had to tame my expectations. Because I honestly read lots of articles and claims about the these new XMEMS drivers and I was pretty much excited about it.

PSX_20231231_161618.jpg

The design of the case is semi transparent and same goes for a portion of the headphones as well that you can see inside. Fit is not nice with the tips they sent and looks like I have to use the tips from my collection.

Before I go to the sound impressions, i should mention the user experience. Because Creative is terrible with their app. 2.7/5 on play store. My phone smoothly connected any headphones, bt 5.3 and supports all the newest aptx technologies including aptx lossless. However, the app cannot pair them. Keeps telling me to put them in pairing mode even though they are in pairing mode already. They should blink red and blue continuously and even telling me that they're in pairing mode. However, the s... app sees it but can't connect. I can perfectly pair them through the Bluetooth setting on my phone. But then the app doesn't see it anymore. I don't know how many times I had to unpair and try pairing them through the app so that I can use the features / change settings. Nothing worked. Resetting the headphones didn't help either. I honestly regret buying these and seeing that I'm not the only one(based on the reviews on play store and reddit) pulling hairs while trying to use their app. What a terrible start...

Going into the Adaptive anc. Nothing different, even worse than sony xm4 due to the short nozzle and their strange shape causing a bad passive isolation.

Ambient sound is bad. Muffled, there's continuous noise in the background that I believe coming from the XMEMS drivers with their ability and sensitivity.

Going into the sound. Skip these. If you're planning to buy a pair of tws, then wait for a better implementation. The DD they added is simply putting too much bass. It's not even a tasty quality bass. Lacks agility, feeling quite slow next to the xmems as some might expect. XMEMS arebsuper fast drivers comparing them to any other driver out there and they should have used a better DD with these.

The mids sound nasal slightly and recessive. The vocals lack emotion. They sound cold. I believe this is coming from the characteristics of XMEMS as being suggested to have quite flat frequency response. They should be tuned or managed through an equalizer to give a better experience.

Lastly treble, where the XMEMS shine. The technicality and resolution is quite good. Transitions are fast and can keep up with anything. But, but, not a huge difference next to BAs honestly. I heard even thicker sounding BAs than these giving me that full experience. I have to pay an extra attention to here every bit of details.

Soundstage is okay. But I'm not having that great holographic experience that I have from final audio ze3000. Ze3000 is a bliss. I was honestly quite impressed when I first give a listen to ze3000 but i can't say the same for Aurvana Ace 2. Considering that Ze3000 costs much less with the lack of good slamming bass, I'm planning to return Ace2 if they can't solve their issue with the app. I didn't mind to have a slamming bass when I heard the holographic soundstage experience and pinpoint imaging Ze3000 has. But Ace 2 could do a lot better.

Long story short. Wait before buying. I had to buy these after reading all these articles but seems like wasn't a good shot. Hopefully, the listening experience will get better and they will solve the issue with their app. Then maybe I'll come back here with better impressions.

So, that's all. Hopefully will help some who's planning to order.

Wishing everyone and their loved ones a happy(maybe satisfactory :)) new year.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #92,087 of 106,549
Don't you knock my Legatos! nostalgic piece for someone like me, and a retro number for younger lot like you! But no.. They don't want a fun subwoofer type wham these days.. You guys go sniffing into the decays of the notes, soak up the posthumous lingering of the reverbs, want 'holographic in-the-environment soundstage feel to turn around and gasp where the **** did that mofo bird sound come from' and want to breathe the 'air', feel the spaciousness, want the eyeballs to pop out of sheer shock from the treble twang -- and all this at 156 dollars, with a discount coupon. **** you all:) so do I boss, so do I.
But yeah, please fulfil your nicehck review promise! And hope it just isn't a bassy set... But mids and upper Freq are good...
I loved my Legatos and will probably end up buying another pair down the road. I think they get a bad reputation but are really fun for what they offer.

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #92,088 of 106,549
1704033396095.png

''brain burn in'' is quite powerful sometime....since i cant even listen to UM 3DT more than 5min now after hours getting lost in warm bassy Quattro musicality....seem so freakin shouty and bright and thin bass wise...
it doesnt make this for Serial which i still adore, bass is less round and thigh as Quattro but musicality is more open and transparent, wider and deeper soundstage....less lush and thick mids, just slightly brighter-dryer...

hum. no doubt: ill get rid of 3DT in 2024!
For me, UM 3DT are one of the best IEMs, it took me a long time to select tips, and Azla turned out to be the most successful. Together with my A&K AK320 they are a very good combination.

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #92,089 of 106,549
Now try taking a few-hour break and start your next session with the 3DT, listen for an hour or two, then swap to Quattro. In that case you'd want to sell the Quattro 😅

Brain bias is a very underrated beast.
I am finding when the Quattro plays a bassy song it overly saturates the mids and makes the Quattro too dark sounding.
Bass bleed to a level that it kills any highs and extension. I think they overdid the bass on this set. Where the Dome saturated the mids the Quattro oversaturated the lower bass and mid bass.

When there is less bass in the track the Quattro sounds amazing.

Coming from a way more neutral set it's clear to hear how colored the Quattro is.

Maybe this set is geared for specific genres only, certainly not a allrounder for me so far. 100+ hours of burn in on my set so far.

I will reserve final judgment for some critical listening sessions.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #92,092 of 106,549
For me, UM 3DT are one of the best IEMs, it took me a long time to select tips, and Azla turned out to be the most successful. Together with my A&K AK320 they are a very good combination.
yes....im just too sensitive to upper mids nowadays, resolution is higher with 3DT and bass is better separated...notably less punchy and rumbly too...for rock 3DT are better....
in fact, i would had 2db upper mids boost to Quattro so it go 8db but not pass 10db like 3DT...

its true they are eartips sensitive. i use wide bore but remember short wide bore were better and dont concentrate sound pressure energy as much as smaller nozzle tips....

at they end, they 3DT and Quattro are polar opposite....

Dec 31, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #92,093 of 106,549
Waiting for the New Year with this setup, listening to Linkin Park, taking me back to my school days <3 Torino Twin Pulse is definitely an amazing IEM, a special sound. I am currently using the Silver filter that has a more balanced sound. Earlier I was using Red filter that had more oomph in the bass. Felt like giving the Twilight and OH700VB a break for today haha. The setup definitely sounds amazing, the vocals are so accurate yet so smooth and inoffensive. Torino handles busy tracks with ease as well. Kinda happy with this setup. Fit is not the best but it works for me so I am cool.

Torino M15S.jpg

Dec 31, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #92,094 of 106,549
Hi everyone-- here are the results of the survey.

Forms response chart. Question title: Where are you located?. Number of responses: 57 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: How long have you been interested in IEMs?. Number of responses: 57 responses.

Programming
Engineering
Selling grocery goods
IT
Retired 😀
Social worker
IT
law
High School
Construction
Healthcare
Researcher
Events
Electronic engineering and ICT
Audio
Tech
Tech
Sales
Tech, Entertainment
finance
Tech
Engineer
Energy (Thermal Power)
Sales
Real Estate
IT
Healthcare
Graphic artist
Law Enforcement
Health
Manufacturing
finance
IT
Golf Professional
Retired; Chemical Mfg Before...
Education
finance & programming
Finance
Building
Finance
transport department
Tech
Retail
Construction
Tech
Entertainment, Tech
Social Work
None
Online Retail
Legal
Engineering
Tech
Construction.

Forms response chart. Question title: Which of the following is most likely to be a deal breaker with an IEM for you?  (Check all that apply.). Number of responses: 56 responses.

Warm/Dark => Bright/Cool

Forms response chart. Question title: Where would you place your preferences on this scale:. Number of responses: 57 responses.

Professional => Listener

Forms response chart. Question title: Where would you place your perspective/ideals on this scale:. Number of responses: 57 responses.

Purist => Subjectivist

Forms response chart. Question title: Where would you place your audio personality on this scale:. Number of responses: 57 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: If you had to pick one with a slight sacrifice to the other:. Number of responses: 56 responses.

Softears Twilight x6
Thieaudio Monarch Mk2/3 x5
Penon Serial x4
Letshuoer EJ07M x4
Hidizs MP145 x4
Simgot EA1000 x4
Simgot EA500 x4
Xenns Top x3
Elysian Diva x3
U12t x3
Oriveti OH700VB x3
AüR Audio Neon Pro x3
Penon 10th x3
ISN Neo 5 x3
Xeens Mangird x3
BQEYZ Winter x2
BQEYZ Wind x2

7th Acoustics Supernova x2
Night Oblibion Butastur x2
Kiwi Ears Cadenza x 2
AuR Audio Alita x2
64Audio U4s x2
Empire Ears Odin x2
KZ PR2 x2
KZ Castor x2
Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk x2
Truthear Hexa x2
Penon Fan 2 x2
Penon Quattro x2
634ears MIROAK-II x2
Sound Rhyme DTE900 x2
FiiO FA7s x2
Yanyin Canon x2
Kiwi Ears Quintet x2
Kiwi Ears Melody x2
FATFreq Grand Maestro x2
Sennheiser IE600 x2
SIMGOT EW200 x2
Sound Rhyme SR5 x2

7Hz Timeless
UM Mason Fusang
See Audio Bravery Red
Softears Cerberus
Dunu SA6 MK.II
ISN EST50
Letshuoer S12 & 12 Pro,
Olina SE,
QDC Anole V14,
Symphonium Helios
Elysian Gaea,
Andromeda 2020
FiR Xenon 6,
Empire Ears Valykrie
64 Audio U18S/T
Letshuoer Z12
Thieaudio Oracle OG,
Rose Technics QuietSea
Symphonium Crimson,
Dunu Falcon Ultra
Elysian Anni 2023,
FatFreq Maestro Mini,
Subtonic STORM
LETSHUOER S15
BQEYZ KC2,
kz eda balance,
sony mh755
Soundrhyme SR8,
Thieaudio Hype2
Nightjar Audio Singularity
Oriveti OD100,
Oriveti OD200,
Noble Kublai Khan,
Denon PerL Pro,
Nuarl N6 Pro 2
Truthear Hexa.
Etymotic ER4SR.
KZ Castor.
7hz Legato,
BGVP DM8
Dunu SA6U
EPZ 530,
Juzear 41T
Aoshida E20,
Gizaudio Binary x Chopin,
Sony IER-Z1R,
Sony XBA-N3,
Meze Advar,
Kinera Imperial Loki,
Plunge Audio Unity
DUNU EST112,
Whizzer HE03D,
Moondrop Variations,
Raptgo HookX
AüR Audio Ascension,
AüR Audio Aure,
AüR Audio Alita,
FiR Radon 6,
Oriolus Traillii
Softears RSV,
Shozy 1.4
Noble Audio Encore
Noble Audio Tux
Campfire Audio Polaris II
NCM NC5V2,
VE x AK Aura,
VE Ve10
TSMR Land
Fiio FH9,
Geek Wold Gk200,
JVC Fx850,
Audio technica ckm 1000
TRI I3,
Ikko OH10,
ANEW X-ONE
Venture Electronics SIE,
Reecho SG-01 OVA,
QKZ x HBB,
NSAudio NS5 MKII Extra Bass,
BLON BL-03,
EarFun Air S

iBasso DX320
LOTOO PAW TOUCH GOLD, HIBY R6 PRO II QUESTYLE QP2R
Fiio M17
Phone with dac/amp
my phone
Phone + dongle
iBasso DX240
DX300, SP3000
Anything Android based
I not use DAP.
Anything neutral-leaning that isn't shrill.
no DAP yet :frowning2:
I actually don't own any DAPs. I'll stick with my phone and FiiO BTR7 so I can stream from Tidal and communicate with the rest of the world. Yes, there is great cell service on this desert island.
Oof, don’t have one. Gimme a BTR7 + a phone and I’m good.
Sony Walkman WM1A MK2
fiio btr 2021, alc dongle, cx dongle
Fiio M11s
Dont use Dap
Shanling M7, Tempotec V6
HiBy R6 Pro
Hidizs AP80 Pro-X (my only DAP!)
Cayin N3 Pro
Sony NW-ZX707
NA
None
Hiby R6 Pro II
Tempotec
n/a
Hiby 6 III
BTR7
IBasso DX170, Hiby R3 II, iBasso DX300
sony nw-a306, fiio m11plus ltd
N/a
Sony WM1A, Fiio M17
Cayin N8 II
Shanling M8, Hiby R8, iBasso DX170
No Dap bap bap
Hiby R6 Pro II
Cayin N30LE, HIBY RS8, Shanling M9 Plus
Fiio M11s
Sony WM1A MK2 or Maybe the WM1Z MK2
Mo Pro
I don't know any
Shanling M6 Ultra
Sony Wm1A, Sony ZX300, iBasso DX160
Sp3000, se300
Fiio m17, ibasso dx300, fiio m11 plus ess
Sansa Clip+, Qudelix

Forms response chart. Question title: How do you listen to music?. Number of responses: 57 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: What is your most common deal breaker for a source?. Number of responses: 56 responses.

Aful P8
Moondrop Para
LETSHUOER CADENZA 12
Simgot EA1000 & Denon 5200 HP
I don't know
Hidizs MP145
Kiwi Ears Quintet
QDC Anole V14
Elysian Diva, Questyle M15
Joining Australian review tour
Viva Egoista
Supernova & Twilight - great stuff.
Neo 5
My KEF speakers. I upgraded my nearfield desktop setup to the KEF LSX II + KEF KC62 and quickly realized my personal/portable gear was very lacking, which is what brought me into this hobby.
Going to CanJam NYC!
Oriveti OH700VB
planar n switch
Xeens Mangird Top
Sr8
Night Oblivion Butastur
Noble Kublai Khan and Denon PerL Pro
My ever expanding collection of aftermarket ear tips.
Thieaudio Monarch MKIII
Learning about new iems
Raptgo Bridge
Obtaining EE Odins and Liquid Links Venon combo.
Planar
Finding Head-Fi for making horrible financial decisions
Night Oblivion Butastur
Juzear 41T
Aoshida E20
HIDIZS MP145
Neon pro
Supernova
Kiwi Ears Quintet
None
Picking up a used Meze Advar
Queen Of Audio Margarita
ThieAudio Monarch Mk3
Penon Quattro
Audio friends, good connections within the audio community.
Mangird Xeens Top
Oriveti OH700 VB
Hifiman Arya Stealth
None
Discovering kilobuck IEM’s
iBasso DC04 Pro and Kiwi Ears Quintet
Geek wold gk200
TRI I3, Venture Electronics SIE, Reecho SG-01 OVA, TRN Conch

Fiio KA13
Fiio FF3
SIMGOT revolution
Don't know
-
iBasso DC04 Pro
AFUL MagicOne
How much money I've again spent.
Penon QUATTRO
Sonus & EW200 - makes you wonder, why pay more?
Finding IEMs exist and I don't have to use BT anymore.
How I quickly lost my sense of practicality when it comes to spending on audio gear.
Finding out I didn’t need the Monarch MKIII. I prefer the MKII!
Softears Twilight
kz castor black is budget king for me
XSL-X One IEM
Nicehck nx7 mk4
Simgot EA1000
Noble Kublai Khan
Truthear Hexa for audio production use.
Cost to performance ratio of iems vs full sized headphones
Kiwi Ears Quintet
Kiwi Ears Quintet
Simgot EW200
Finding out that I would enjoy IEMs almost as much if not more than headphones
SIMGOT EW200
Aful Magic One
Aoshida E20
Simgot ea 1000
Gizaudio Chopin
Nothing for years since sony's combo NW-WM1A +IER-Z1R
None
How forward sounding the Shanling M6U was
IVIPQ v12
Kiwi Ears Quintet
Quattro
Earbuds, that they can be as resolving as the best IEMs while having the openess of a headphone.
XLS X One
The combination of Sony DAPs and Oriolus Trailli IEM
Timsok TS=316
None
The difference tips make
Kiwi Ears Quintet
Simgot ea500
TRI I3

Forms response chart. Question title: Have you been to a CanJam?. Number of responses: 55 responses.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #92,095 of 106,549
Now try taking a few-hour break and start your next session with the 3DT, listen for an hour or two, then swap to Quattro. In that case you'd want to sell the Quattro 😅

Brain bias is a very underrated beast.
lol...possible...though tbh i rarely use 3DT, tend to use Serial way more.

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #92,097 of 106,549
Simgot EA100 arrived this morning. NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! A sound signature that fits me like a glove. Beautiful timbre, transparent, with above average stage and imaging. The highs are sweet spot highs with forward mids that are clear and concise. Now I understand why these are on the top of the 2023 list for most owners and reviewers! I also understand why at $219.00, they aren't game changers, game shifters, or TOTL killers (the bass is exceptionally agile, fast, and resolving, but can lack a bit of weight and the sub bass is rolled off). The bassheads would not be satisfied. But the transparency and details these spit out is extravagant.

I'm listening to Cecelie Strange - Beyond, as a rec from one of the headfier's on this thread, and what a pleasure. Smooth jazz presented fantastically and the tonality is sublime. What a whiff on the OD200. Luckily those were paid for by my wife and kids, so as a Christmas/Birthday present, I hold them in regards due to the love they hold, but I'm also happy to have spent my heard earned cash on the EA1000, and now I have the set that will carry me for the next year. I won't be spending any $$$$$ on anything in 2024, unless it involves a direct upgrade from Simgot to the EA1000, which is hard to imagine can be done for the money these were made available at?

A+ recommendation for anyone who is looking for precision timbre, tonality, stage, sparkle, and mids with details and transparency, with agile and resolving bass.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2023 ENDED WITH AN AURAL BANG!!

Attachments

• Fermat.jpg
    Fermat.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 0
  • EA1000.jpg
    EA1000.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #92,099 of 106,549
I’m okay with my Ikko OH10’s but I’ve seen so much hype for the EW200’s and EA1000’s that I’m tempted to pick them up.
If you like the sound of the Ikko and need a less expensive option I would reccomend the Juzear Clear. Big bass and V shaped sound for just $50. Also the build quality of the iems and cable is great. Stock cable much better than the Ikko

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #92,100 of 106,549
Screenshot_20231231_202105.jpg

Happy new year and great audio adventures in 2024!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back