The discovery thread!
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #92,071 of 106,696
Yes, that is good to hear. I mean that is what Head-Fi is for, people to compare first impressions.
What is this blasphemy 🤯🤯🤯

Please stop spreading user impressions this instant!!!
This thread is solely for advertisements... Head-fi has bills to pay... Be fair people...
😜
I'm sorry I have to say this but the whole thread is advertisements. Advertisements are what pays to keep the light on around here, do you think Head-Fi is a non-profit organization?

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #92,072 of 106,696
haha Mostly through facebook groups only bro within the community.
Oh I am not on Facebook but am a recent subscriber to your YouTube channel. Where you ascend into an ac-less room and sweat it out :) can you please use the community section of your channel to post sales news (links to the said Facebook links) in the future. Please!

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #92,073 of 106,696
The Top is undoubtedly a high-quality set, which, due to its non-offensive tuning, gains with listening time. Intuitively, I can feel from the very beginning that everything sounds good. The only thing I wish I had known beforehand, which I didn't exactly saw from the graphs, is that there is definitely a tilt to the lower frequency side (or maybe there's some unit variations).

For example, CCA Rhapsody, which I have since grown to like more than I did in the beginning, has no such tilt (it's more balanced in my ears), despite its similar appearance on the graph.
I think it has a very clean sound, but very natural as well. Maybe is that you may perceive as warm or leaning to the lower frequencies.
But I admit my experience is relatively small.
Maybe @PROblemdetected can comment on the sound

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #92,074 of 106,696
Xelastec need a moment to 'settle' in my ears, then they do the job well. But for the short-nozzled Butastur and CVJ Mei I use the Dunu S&S which grip well with their lengthier body than other tips.
Depending on the bore width of the Orivetti the CP155 might be a good fit assuming of course that the iem bore is wide enough for these to stay in place.

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #92,075 of 106,696
Oh I am not on Facebook but am a recent subscriber to your YouTube channel. Where you ascend into an ac-less room and sweat it out :) can you please use the community section of your channel to post sales news (links to the said Facebook links) in the future. Please!
Sure bro i will definitely do that <3 Thanks for the sub man haha yeah kind of planning to make it a bit more active this year and definitely improve the room arrangement.

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #92,076 of 106,696
For example, CCA Rhapsody, which I have since grown to like more than I did in the beginning, has no such tilt (it's more balanced in my ears), despite its similar appearance on the graph.
That's a different view on a V shaped sound of rhapsody but yeah it's a nice V.

Dec 31, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #92,077 of 106,696
What is this blasphemy 🤯🤯🤯

Please stop spreading user impressions this instant!!!
This thread is solely for advertisements... Head-fi has bills to pay... Be fair people...
😜

8A28FA89-2431-436C-B757-56330591ED94.jpeg
06F5AACB-83A5-4381-916C-5D21E669658B.jpeg

I get terrorized as everyone thinks the DAWN is just too good to be true! That’s exactly what happened to the the people who saw Bigfoot, no one in their right minds believed it!

Dec 31, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #92,078 of 106,696
I had them for a week recently and though that warm overall sound is great for some people it was just too much for me.
Yeah, it's hard to recommend if you dont like warm sound.

Its like ISN hxx or ARTTI R1, they are not s "purist" sound.

I think it has a very clean sound, but very natural as well. Maybe is that you may perceive as warm or leaning to the lower frequencies.
But I admit my experience is relatively small.
Maybe @PROblemdetected can comment on the sound
I jusr read your opinion about them. I just feel a little bit intense on the treble, but they are clearly a sidegrade to VARIATIONS.

Subbass is punchy, technicality correct with a lot of texture on the bass side.
Mids got a pleasant body with more than average timbre, my problem starts on the upper-mids transition to treble.

Anyways, with a nice discount they are pretty nice. The packaging is nice, the cable is not my favourite.

To my personal taste, I get the 07M over the TOP, but I totally understand why @Neithan loves them.

@requal

Dec 31, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #92,080 of 106,696
I feel like it's getting tiresome and, as advertising, counterproductive.
Cheers, you won’t see me posting any more DAWN photo’s.....but you will see others posting them.

Dec 31, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #92,081 of 106,696
Yeah, it's hard to recommend if you dont like warm sound.

Its like ISN hxx or ARTTI R1, they are not s "purist" sound.

I jusr read your opinion about them. I just feel a little bit intense on the treble, but they are clearly a sidegrade to VARIATIONS.

Subbass is punchy, technicality correct with a lot of texture on the bass side.
Mids got a pleasant body with more than average timbre, my problem starts on the upper-mids transition to treble.

Anyways, with a nice discount they are pretty nice. The packaging is nice, the cable is not my favourite.

To my personal taste, I get the 07M over the TOP, but I totally understand why @Neithan loves them.

@requal
For me that like my IEMs with some energy in that region, and coming from the SR5 and the Timeless, the TOP is less energetic in that region, so I was absolutely fine.
But totally understand your point @PROblemdetected

@requal if you are happy with the SR5, try some tips, maybe a different cable, upgrade your source and stick with them.
Or just save some money and enjoy the music 😉

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #92,082 of 106,696
Who wants to pay $999 USD for a desktop DAC that is literally called "SU-X"

430db256-e337-4cdd-a39c-95621318dc0c.jpg

For almost 1K, it better not suck!

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/s-m-s-l-sux-dual-es9039mspro-digital-to-analog-convertor-dac
lol....ugh....this might be good but i already find my SU9 overpriced...and bothersome since i prefer DAC-AMP now....this avoid me becoming overly concern about cable interconnection lol
anyway, sabre DAC will surely have intense price drrop in middle of 2024, then who know...might go into sub100$ chifi dongle!
then: i would be curious AF!

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #92,083 of 106,696
1704033396095.png

''brain burn in'' is quite powerful sometime....since i cant even listen to UM 3DT more than 5min now after hours getting lost in warm bassy Quattro musicality....seem so freakin shouty and bright and thin bass wise...
it doesnt make this for Serial which i still adore, bass is less round and thigh as Quattro but musicality is more open and transparent, wider and deeper soundstage....less lush and thick mids, just slightly brighter-dryer...

hum. no doubt: ill get rid of 3DT in 2024!

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #92,084 of 106,696
1704033396095.png

''brain burn in'' is quite powerful sometime....since i cant even listen to UM 3DT more than 5min now after hours getting lost in warm bassy Quattro musicality....seem so freakin shouty and bright and thin bass wise...
it doesnt make this for Serial which i still adore, bass is less round and thigh as Quattro but musicality is more open and transparent, wider and deeper soundstage....less lush and thick mids, just slightly brighter-dryer...

hum. no doubt: ill get rid of 3DT in 2024!
Now try taking a few-hour break and start your next session with the 3DT, listen for an hour or two, then swap to Quattro. In that case you'd want to sell the Quattro 😅

Brain bias is a very underrated beast.

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #92,085 of 106,696
I wore my SR5s for six months and really liked them. However, since I bought the Xeens Mangird Top, I've hardly used them again.
For me, they're better than the SR5s across the board. The bass is better, particularly the sub-bass. The mids have more detail, the timbre is more natural, and the highs have more detail without being so aggressive...
But for 90$ the value that the SR5s offer is spectacular.
There are also those who think that the EJ07Ms are an upgrade on the TOPs.
Nothing like experimenting, but something I don't think is mentioned often enough on this forum... Enjoy what you have, enjoy the music and remember that you only have one pair of ears...
So would you say the Tops have the same signature as SR5? What I love about SR5 is the balance. Nothing, for me, overshadows anything else as everything is extremely present. I don’t necessarily need more bass but if possible better quality is always welcomed. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back