The discovery thread!
Dec 7, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #90,796 of 102,993
Wow Moondrop is coming up with a planar + DD hybrid in the Moondrop May.

Seems to have a detachable DSP cable too.

The added DD may benefit bass excursion/decay to compensate for planar bass, so maybe Waifu + planar + DSP will give a eargasm?? Oh and hope the paint don't chip LOL. Hope it is a legit planar and not those pseudo square planar thingies though.

More info here:
https://www.facebook.com/MoondropLa...hS9h7MUXZSXHLERBa1Ae9NEoEv8opAXKVhthPHaczJK1l
I also hope it's a real planar not a SPD or flat that more like a peizo fingers crossed

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #90,797 of 102,993
He didn't merely "ask for a little transparency." He's been whining, complaining, and attacking people for weeks because he feels like people keep shilling in this thread. He's been talking trash about it on Reddit too. It affects him that much.

People have tried being nice to him about it, but he won't stop. Just the same whining day after day. It's like his crusade to turn this thread into a shill-free zone, which will never happen, no matter how much b*tch*ng he does. He keeps derailing this thread and brings down the vibes.

You and I have read very different things then. I have read the last few days of this thread but I thought I'd just go back and check and here's what I've seen:
  • This post suggesting people should mention where they get their IEMs from. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
  • This post from a user misunderstanding a call for transparency as being called biased and taking personal offence.
  • Some more discussion about bias and whether or not people have it instead of the original call for transparency. @theintention at no point 'attacks' a user like you claim. In fact, he goes out of his way to be positive to individual users.
  • This post on the same day where he bows out of that particular discussion.
  • More discussion by people claiming to be unbiased instead of addressing transparency.
  • This post a few days later on the subject.
I agree that if reading a thread gets you worked up so much that you start 'b*tch*ng' 'whining' or 'attacking' other users, you should probably take a break. but @theintention isn't the one that strikes me as mad here.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #90,798 of 102,993
I do not get free IEMs or other things for free. I am 75 years old so my reviews Would be useless since I do not hear anything much above 5 khz. I do occasionally post an impression when the IEM sounds great to me and others and is VERY reasonably priced. Ie. ISN Neo 1.
Claud you can probably hear more than 90% of the music then, its the bass and mids it all at :beerchug:

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #90,799 of 102,993
I'm a newbie around here, but for the short time I've followed this thread I've seen a sudden drop in the chillness of the vibes in here. Is a rotation of random beefs the usual in here? Maybe I happened to start following during an abnormally chill period in the thread?

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #90,800 of 102,993
You and I have read very different things then. I have read the last few days of this thread but I thought I'd just go back and check and here's what I've seen:
  • This post suggesting people should mention where they get their IEMs from. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
  • This post from a user misunderstanding a call for transparency as being called biased and taking personal offence.
  • Some more discussion about bias and whether or not people have it instead of the original call for transparency. @theintention at no point 'attacks' a user like you claim. In fact, he goes out of his way to be positive to individual users.
  • This post on the same day where he bows out of that particular discussion.
  • More discussion by people claiming to be unbiased instead of addressing transparency.
  • This post a few days later on the subject.
I agree that if reading a thread gets you worked up so much that you start 'b*tch*ng' 'whining' or 'attacking' other users, you should probably take a break. but @theintention isn't the one that strikes me as mad here.
So we're doing a post history review for that dude now? Picking and choosing what to interpret? OK...

Middle of last month, saying people are posting about Neo 1 are just promoting it on behalf of Penon/ISN.

You claim it's "pretty reasonable" to start crap out of nowhere with someone who didn't say they got free items.

You say he's not attacking the guy but he is. He's just tip toeing around with his language and using emotes to mask his intentions.

And that goes on and on...

Then he finally admits the true reason why he's been speaking out about shills or people who seem like they're shilling, and it's not because he wants transparency.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-6042#post-17852969

Meh, easy enough to ignore people who do that then. It’s kinda ridiculous how much I have seen that name in this forum and zero mentions of it.

Just look at all the mail posts featuring their boxes over the last 2 weeks. How simple is it to type “look what oriveti sent over!”

I did it just then and I didn’t even get a free set, dang I am missing out.

Jealousy and envy. Pure and simple.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #90,802 of 102,993
click here for those who would like to read my impressions of the OH700VB I've published my review

Oriveti 2.jpg

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #90,803 of 102,993
Yes, I don’t exactly know how it sounds, but it looked new and slightly different, so I simply posted the email I got. So? Normally I have more experience with what I post? I will check-out the FC3.
Interesting. The FC3 sounds great. I hope they only added a a screen and didn’t alter the audio circuit.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #90,804 of 102,993
I do not get free IEMs or other things for free. I am 75 years old so my reviews Would be useless since I do not hear anything much above 5 khz. I do occasionally post an impression when the IEM sounds great to me and others and is VERY reasonably priced. Ie. ISN Neo 1.

Sounds like you're bringing a unique perspective most reviewers don't have. I'm sure at least some people will find value in that.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #90,805 of 102,993
So we're doing a post history review for that dude now? Picking and choosing what to interpret? OK...

Middle of last month, saying people are posting about Neo 1 are just promoting it on behave of Penon/ISN.

You claim it's "pretty responsible" to start crap out of nowhere with someone who didn't say they got free items.
Reasonable. And your idea of 'starting crap' is questioning whether or not people actually bought the things they're talking about?
You say he's not attacking the guy but he is. He's just tip toeing around with his language and using emotes to mask his intentions.
He called someone a power user because they received free samples. Someone should report this clearly vicious attack.
Then go on. For a 'crusade' your evidence is pretty thin.
Then he finally admits the true reason why he's been speaking out about shills or people who seem like they're shilling, and it's not because he wants transparency.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-6042#post-17852969

Meh, easy enough to ignore people who do that then. It’s kinda ridiculous how much I have seen that name in this forum and zero mentions of it.

Just look at all the mail posts featuring their boxes over the last 2 weeks. How simple is it to type “look what oriveti sent over!”

I did it just then and
I didn’t even get a free set, dang I am missing out.
Wow, you're so right. I can feel the envy oozing from this post.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #90,806 of 102,993
Ok found a discovery just surfing Alix - always dangerous..

Came across something shiny, first I saw green then I went red.
What interested me was the mention of a dampened material inside the shell to control the unwanted resonances.

Tip end is definitely smooth. My set is still burning in but Tony did a review and I heard them the same way upon first listen.
A Fun V with lots of highs but smooth and fatigue free.

I liked this set alot so I also blind bought the 1+4 set in Green.

Here is Tony's vid haven't done my review yet.

Here is the info link in case you want to check them out. It was a good discovery IMO.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrYe39a

Attachments

• 20231205_131828.jpg
    20231205_131828.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 0
  • graph.png
    graph.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231205_120504.jpg
    20231205_120504.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231205_120321.jpg
    20231205_120321.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231205_121828.jpg
    20231205_121828.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231205_120300.jpg
    20231205_120300.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #90,807 of 102,993

Middle of last month, saying people are posting about Neo 1 are just promoting it on behalf of Penon/ISN.

You claim it's "pretty reasonable" to start crap out of nowhere with someone who didn't say they got free items.

Jealousy and envy. Pure and simple.
Having probably lived most of my life it appears inevitable people have different views on many things and some are more passionate than others. That is ok. Acknowledge strong views, accept the fact you may not always agree with others, understand your own biases, and move on. There is good spice in disagreement as long as you don't feel the need to humiliate people. While there may be temporary joy in "proving someone wrong" that joy at the end of the day stands in the way of relationships. I don't mind hearing different points of view and don't feel as though that threatens my beliefs. I don't downplay influence, but I ultimately have to make my own decisions and you guys on this board present me with lots to think about.

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #90,808 of 102,993
Ok found a discovery just surfing Alix - always dangerous..

Came across something shiny, first I saw green then I went red.
What interested me was the mention of a dampened material inside the shell to control the unwanted resonances.

Tip end is definitely smooth. My set is still burning in but Tony did a review and I heard them the same way upon first listen.
A Fun V with lots of highs but smooth and fatigue free.

I liked this set alot so I also blind bought the 1+4 set in Green.

Here is Tony's vid haven't done my review yet.

Here is the info link in case you want to check them out. It was a good discovery IMO.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrYe39a

It's a looker for sure. Chi-fi are using blinged out faceplates to sell IEMs now and it's working. :laughing:

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #90,809 of 102,993
Sounds like you're bringing a unique perspective most reviewers don't have. I'm sure at least some people will find value in that.
People like me. All the Beyers in my collection are not a random thing ahah

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #90,810 of 102,993
@Click @BCool Let's put this discussion to rest. I do not oppose his cynicism. Being an official reviewer myself I accept the perspective that disclaimers should be provided whether the item is bought or received as a free gift in exchange for review.

That said, we are but human, and in the heat of the moment the thought of providing the disclaimer might miss out. This is an informal conversation thread. Definitely in the formal review the disclaimer is provided, but in an informal thread where people are conversing that might be looked over. That is not always intentional, and should not be something to get one's feathers ruffled over.

And @BCool , he did indeed call names. @PeacockObscura is anything but a shill. He is an absolute gentleman whose words have weight. He never hypes anything up, never bombards with multiple posts, and never ever holds a holier-than-thou attitude. Calling him a power user just because he reviewed an item he bought and then was offered an item for free for his opinion is simply wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back