The discovery thread!
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #90,781 of 106,708
Seems like Oriveti is trying to make a big comeback by giving out free / tour units to a lot of head-fiers and YouTubers recently, and it's pissing off a few members here because of the excitement and people not disclosing if they got their IEMs for free? :smile:

If it makes people that mad or worked up about it, here's a protip: any time you see the same model or brand being spammed day after day in here, it's most likely a free set or "tour" unit being passed around like a cheap hooker in order to build hype and generate sales.

This thread and the Watercooler (for the ballers) get the most eyes and interaction on head-fi, so obviously people will use these threads to advertise, market, and share their opinions about their new shiny, FotM IEMs and products. If you have a problem with the spam, then simply don't read these threads or block users you think are shilling and/or spamming. Too much whining, attacks, animosity, and accusations going on the past month.
I'm just mad I don't get stuff to try for free 😪

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #90,782 of 106,708
Of course leaving is always an option. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

The frustration comes from the fact that there is actually useful discussion on Head-Fi, but it gets watered down and rendered useless when that discussion becomes indistinguishable from marketing. People shouldn't take it so personally when someone asks for a little transparency. What's so unreasonable about that?

If you're only response to someone is to leave if they don't like shills, then you're admitting that the discussion here is worthless because of all of the shilling.
He didn't merely "ask for a little transparency." He's been whining, complaining, and attacking people for weeks because he feels like people keep shilling in this thread. He's been talking trash about it on Reddit too. It affects him that much.

People have tried being nice to him about it, but he won't stop. Just the same whining day after day. It's like his crusade to turn this thread into a shill-free zone, which will never happen, no matter how much b*tch*ng he does. He keeps derailing this thread and brings down the vibes.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #90,783 of 106,708
I'm just mad I don't get stuff to try for free 😪
I think this is the real reason why that guy is mad.

You aren't attacking people every day for not getting free stuff, so you're cool. :smile:

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #90,784 of 106,708
I think this is the real reason why that guy is mad.

You aren't attacking people every day for not getting free stuff, so you're cool. :smile:
I'm just stuck in the budget zone unfortunately. Ill probably never get to try 90% of the things talked about here.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #90,785 of 106,708
I'm just stuck in the budget zone unfortunately. Ill probably never get to try 90% of the things talked about here.
I feel you, man. Try to visit CanJam So-Cal! Trust me, it's an awesome experience.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #90,786 of 106,708
These threads do generate envy and jealousy, seeing people play with and experience audio gear that most people won't be able to try out or own, unless they live near a store that lets you demo stuff or abuse Amazon's return policy. Or be irresponsible and rack up debt, buying a bunch of audio gear you'll never need or be able to use constantly and daily.

Just be happy with what you have. I've posted about the incredible sound quality that Simgot EW200 is able to produce, at such an affordable price. Even without an upgrade cable, it still sounds incredible for what I paid. I tried alerting people here and in the deal thread about sales, to save people money, so everyone can experience good sound without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #90,787 of 106,708
Today's feature: Penon Dome.
Warm, inviting bass and lush, silky vocals are the things that jump out immediately.
Musicality at it's finest.

1207230956b.jpg

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #90,788 of 106,708
I feel you, man. Try to visit CanJam So-Cal! Trust me, it's an awesome experience.
I had tickets this year but had to cancel last minute 😭

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #90,789 of 106,708
Unfortunately, CanJam travel and lodging expenses can be quite hefty.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #90,790 of 106,708
Go to a can jam. Will be worth the $20 admission fee to spend one day with the wolds greatest gear. I encourage all you guys reading this to do so.

It will definitley enlighten you and give you some perspective of the value of the stuff you guys already own.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #90,791 of 106,708
Thought: If Simgot EA1000 were sold under brand name of Campfire Audio or 64Audio, the iems would have been at a price more than 1000usd. I am sure no one will disagree to this. What a brilliant pair! ❤️
100% agree there is many great releases coming out that if they were under big names they would have cost alot more.

Or is the problem more that some brands overcharge? Always more costly to produce IEMs outside China, can also be a big factor on the price.

And yes EA1000 is one of the better releases this year 😁

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #90,792 of 106,708
These threads do generate envy and jealousy, seeing people play with and experience audio gear that most people won't be able to try out or own, unless they live near a store that lets you demo stuff or abuse Amazon's return policy. Or be irresponsible and rack up debt, buying a bunch of audio gear you'll never need or be able to use constantly and daily.

Just be happy with what you have. I've posted about the incredible sound quality that Simgot EW200 is able to produce, at such an affordable price. Even without an upgrade cable, it still sound incredible for what I paid. I tried alerting people here and in the deal thread about sales, to save people money, so everyone can experience good sound without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars.
Yes thank you I do appreciate the discount codes. I need to learn to appreciate what I have. The hardest part is that I just want to try EVERYTHING! Budget tier still have some great iems. I think I want to pick up the Forteza and EW200 next sale cycle then I will take a long break to enjoy and rotate through what I have. I recently traded for the eru modded s12 and it's really great. Also enjoy the Legato and Dolce. Getting the Juzear Clear, Cadenza, Zero 2, and Z300 soon as well. Plenty to keep me busy.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #90,793 of 106,708
Oh man...
giphy.gif

After one night of use and swapping back and forth between the Zero and Zero 2 on the same cable (boy, howdy, does the stock cable absolutely blow on the Zero 2) I'm actually starting to like the Zero 2 more. I know everyone was on pins and needles hoping to know which tuning I would prefer. I know I was very concerned that I wouldn't like the tweaks, but they're subtle enough after some listening time. Phew, crisis averted.

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #90,794 of 106,708
Unfortunately, CanJam travel and lodging expenses can be quite hefty.
No I totally understand, but he is already in Cal, so 2 nights in a hotel, maybe drive down there + the admission ticket would probably cost no more than $400 maybe? With that, you get to try hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gear over 2 days. It's the best way to cure FOMO, trust me :)

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #90,795 of 106,708
I do not get free IEMs or other things for free. I am 75 years old so my reviews Would be useless since I do not hear anything much above 5 khz. I do occasionally post an impression when the IEM sounds great to me and others and is VERY reasonably priced. Ie. ISN Neo 1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back