The discovery thread!
Dec 7, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #90,766 of 106,695
Man this IEM brings smiles to my face :gs1000smile: Softears Twilight. Vocals as lively as they could get, i was listening to a recent favorite track in my regional language and this IEM brought tears to my eyes :L3000: :L3000:
1701949804159.png

Here's my Setup for today!!

1701949959201.png

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #90,768 of 106,695
Glossing over this thread, and it really looks just like marketing. Anyone here actually PURCHASE these sets? Seems weird to get all 3 of their new products at once, it’s only power users talking about their bespoke cables…

These sets look interesting but the whole thing looks odd.
Most people don’t want to be marketed to without their knowledge. Every time someone brings this topic up, the same users come out of the wood work about “haters” and like, bro we are the opposite lol get out of here.

We are the people spending actual money on this stuff, I come to these forums to read impressions, it’s truly not that hard to disclose if yours has to be taken with a grain of salt because you got the product for free. It’s not. It’s one sentence. “Thank you to X for providing this.”

End of discussion.
I understand where your cynicism stems from. I myself have seen a lot of overly enthusiastic reviews and posts about gears that I myself have found out are truly not worth it. Fortunately, I never had to buy those because of good friends here who let me try their gears, like @gadgetgod , @nihalsharma , and many more. So of course one who actually wants to pay out of his/her own pocket needs to take anything getting hyped with spoonfuls of salt.

And then, suddenly, a hitherto obscure company like Oriveti comes forth with three new iems and some people started gushing over them! I can understand how suspicious it might seem. Yes, Oriveti has sent out a lot of review samples, and that sometimes can pose as a red flag because the same move made by other companies often result in sub-par product when bought by the consumers.

I also received the OD100, OD200, and OH700VB from Oriveti for review. I only had to pay the customs duty. However, I generally refrain from reviewing or giving my opinions on iems that are not good. But these 3 are genuinely good. I have heard a fairly large amount of iems in their respective price categories and all 3 are quite competent, with the OD200 being class-leading. The OH700VB is also good, but not suitable for my taste as I found it a bit bright, but piercing. The OD100 is a nice bold yet comfortable sound. They are worth the price.

In fact, @nihalsharma listened to my OD200 and bought it outright at full price. He also posted a review of it. This guy is not a newbie, he has owned Noble Audio Kublai Khan, owns 64Audio Tia Fourte, has listened to Nightjar Acoustics Singularity, etc.

They are good, really good. Now the decision lies with you as it is your own money.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #90,769 of 106,695
And here people are complaining about the price of newest SoundRhyme flagship while other manufacturers want much more.
I just wonder man the See Audio Hakuya thing is damn too costly :/ It's like Loki from Kinera. I hope someone in my circle buys it and i get to listen haha.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #90,770 of 106,695
Seems like Oriveti is trying to make a big comeback by giving out free / tour units to a lot of head-fiers and YouTubers recently, and it's pissing off a few members here because of the excitement and people not disclosing if they got their IEMs for free? :smile:

If it makes people that mad or worked up about it, here's a protip: any time you see the same model or brand being spammed day after day in here, it's most likely a free set or "tour" unit being passed around like a cheap hooker in order to build hype and generate sales.

This thread and the Watercooler (for the ballers) get the most eyes and interaction on head-fi, so obviously people will use these threads to advertise, market, and share their opinions about their new shiny, FotM IEMs and products. If you have a problem with the spam, then simply don't read these threads or block users you think are shilling and/or spamming. Too much whining, attacks, animosity, and accusations going on the past month.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #90,771 of 106,695
Remember there are Hype 2, Hype 4, and Hype 10. But where did the 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Hypes go?

Hype2 is 2DD + 2BA. Hype4 is 2DD + 4BA

Interestingly, Hype10 seems to have 2DD + 8BA (=10 drivers) instead. I was hoping for something like U12T with 12 drivers. Might bite the bullet and place an order for the Hype10. AFUL is taking their sweet time with the Cantor.
genesis has it right. Hype 10 does have 10BA so the number is based on the BAs in the sets for the Hype series

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #90,772 of 106,695
All that bling bling. :smile:

Dec 7, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #90,773 of 106,695
I understand where your cynicism stems from. I myself have seen a lot of overly enthusiastic reviews and posts about gears that I myself have found out are truly not worth it. Fortunately, I never had to buy those because of good friends here who let me try their gears, like @gadgetgod , @nihalsharma , and many more. So of course one who actually wants to pay out of his/her own pocket needs to take anything getting hyped with spoonfuls of salt.

And then, suddenly, a hitherto obscure company like Oriveti comes forth with three new iems and some people started gushing over them! I can understand how suspicious it might seem. Yes, Oriveti has sent out a lot of review samples, and that sometimes can pose as a red flag because the same move made by other companies often result in sub-par product when bought by the consumers.

I also received the OD100, OD200, and OH700VB from Oriveti for review. I only had to pay the customs duty. However, I generally refrain from reviewing or giving my opinions on iems that are not good. But these 3 are genuinely good. I have heard a fairly large amount of iems in their respective price categories and all 3 are quite competent, with the OD200 being class-leading. The OH700VB is also good, but not suitable for my taste as I found it a bit bright, but piercing. The OD100 is a nice bold yet comfortable sound. They are worth the price.

In fact, @nihalsharma listened to my OD200 and bought it outright at full price. He also posted a review of it. This guy is not a newbie, he has owned Noble Audio Kublai Khan, owns 64Audio Tia Fourte, has listened to Nightjar Acoustics Singularity, etc.

They are good, really good. Now the decision lies with you as it is your own money.
That’s all fine, but the big draw of these forums was to find other users like myself who don’t get free crap and to hear their opinions, and it just turns out that nearly every single person is shilling for something or another in some way.

Lesson learned, such is life. You should review the bad IEMs you get though, because you are admitting in this message to reviewer bias… but I see that is just the head-fi way.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #90,774 of 106,695
That’s all fine, but the big draw of these forums was to find other users like myself who don’t get free crap and to hear their opinions, and it just turns out that nearly every single person is shilling for something or another in some way.

Lesson learned, such is life. You should review the bad IEMs you get though, because you are admitting in this message to reviewer bias… but I see that is just the head-fi way.
If you're so salty and frustrated with head-fi, then leave?

I'm sure YouTube, Reddit, and HFGF is free of shills and unbiased review(er)s. :laughing:

Quit whining and attacking people nonstop, day after day.

Dec 7, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #90,775 of 106,695

Frankly, I review out of passion. When I genuinely like something, it becomes much easier to review. However, when I do not like something, I do not feel obligated to invest my time and energy into reviewing it. I let the supplier know its shortcomings.

However, I did not understand how I admitted to reviewer bias. Please elaborate. Because to my knowledge I always try to provide my impressions as honestly as possible.

Dec 7, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #90,776 of 106,695
Thought: If Simgot EA1000 were sold under brand name of Campfire Audio or 64Audio, the iems would have been at a price more than 1000usd. I am sure no one will disagree to this. What a brilliant pair! ❤️

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #90,777 of 106,695
Deleted!

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #90,778 of 106,695
If you're so salty and frustrated with head-fi, then leave?

I'm sure YouTube, Reddit, and HFGF is free of shills and unbiased review(er)s. :laughing:

Quit whining and attacking people nonstop, day after day.
I mean, YouTube and most social media has pretty strict rules about disclosing where you get the products you talk about 🤷‍♂️.

This isn't the mic drop you think it is.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #90,779 of 106,695
I mean, YouTube and most social media has pretty strict rules about disclosing where you get the products you talk about 🤷‍♂️.

This isn't the mic drop you think it is.
Which is why I suggested he goes elsewhere. It's not supposed to be a "mic drop."

Why stay here if he's so annoyed with people shilling? If reading and posting on head-fi causes someone so much frustration and negative feelings, that he feels the need to complain everyday about it, then he should either seek help or stop coming here. It's not healthy.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #90,780 of 106,695
Which is why I suggested he goes elsewhere. It's not supposed to be a "mic drop."

Why stay here if he's so annoyed with people shilling? If reading and posting on head-fi causes someone so much frustration and negative feelings, that he feels the need to complain everyday about it, then he should either seek help or stop coming here. It's not healthy.
Of course leaving is always an option. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

The frustration comes from the fact that there is actually useful discussion on Head-Fi, but it gets watered down and rendered useless when that discussion becomes indistinguishable from marketing. People shouldn't take it so personally when someone asks for a little transparency. What's so unreasonable about that?

If you're only response to someone is to leave if they don't like shills, then you're admitting that the discussion here is worthless because of all of the shilling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back