The discovery thread!
Jul 7, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #82,576 of 102,993
I feel like there's a small lack of soundstage, I'm thinking of selling some audiosense after bleulover. Bluelover can compete with most audiosense in the $200-250 band even at average resolution. I'm just thinking about these after a few listens, I might change my mind after the burning process is done. Oddly just 88 euros for now, a dt300 184 euros. this thing is crazy cheap.

Much better than dt 300 in bass, sound signature is very similar
Reading from the fr this type is not designed for staging purposes, it’s for enjoying enveloping harmonics etc IMO.

3khz dip types are not as all rounder as harman tuning, it has to cut the edge of the sound to make it softer, and people prefer accurate sound image may find it “lack of definition“

This approach is welcomed especially for budget grade BA drivers so that they will reveal less weakpoints. We saw same approaches have done to Kiwiears Orchestra Lite the 8BA, $250 one.

Enveloping but not too foggy, soft and feather touch.

Floaudio‘s IEM has source dependency, it reacts very neatly to playing source, so you may want to give it few tries on different devices, trying several output methods.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #82,577 of 102,993
Reading from the fr this type is not designed for staging purposes, it’s for enjoying enveloping harmonics etc IMO.

3khz dip types are not as all rounder as harman tuning, it has to cut the edge of the sound to make it softer, and people prefer accurate sound image may find it “lack of definition“

This approach is welcomed especially for budget grade BA drivers so that they will reveal less weakpoints. We saw same approaches have done to Kiwiears Orchestra Lite the 8BA, $250 one.

Enveloping but not too foggy, soft and feather touch.

Floaudio‘s IEM has source dependency, it reacts very neatly to playing source, so you may want to give it few tries on different devices, trying several output methods.
yes, i have every model of flo. especially lily was turning into a completely different headset according to the source. Frankly, I was expecting a slightly more detailed bluelover. this expectation may be due to 6 balanced drivers, and sometimes I forget that the price is reasonable. which makes me compare it to its $200 band, it's ready a very good choice for the price

Jul 7, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #82,578 of 102,993
Fiio FH11.

10mm carbon driver + single BA hybrid.

11.jpg

FH11.png

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #82,579 of 102,993
IMG_4742.jpeg

Quintet here by me.

Very first impressions: I'm not impressed 😂.

They have a sound that reminds me of HEXA (which the world loved, but I didn't).

I much prefer ORCHESTRA LITE, BRIDGE, BLESSING.

At this point I start to think I'm not able to appreciate IEM, which those who (certainly) are more experienced and refined than me in judging, consider as good or excellent.

Evidently I can't figure out what to focus on my attention to judge.

Don't get me wrong: I perceive how detailed and resolving they are, how well the instruments are positioned in the scene, etc.

What I don't like is that slightly cold, intimate sound that seems to come from a tin, with subdued bass tones, but which occasionally give a punch in the sub-bass.

Either way, I'm not throwing them away 😂

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #82,580 of 102,993
I have been lurking in different threads to find a cheap/mid BA iem for resolution and soundstange. I have been looking at the T800, the sound rhyme SR8, Flo blue lover, and TRN BA15. I am pretty treble sensitive, specially when hihat in EDM music kicks in. What do you guys think of the picks so far?

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #82,581 of 102,993
Jul 7, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #82,582 of 102,993
I have been lurking in different threads to find a cheap/mid BA iem for resolution and soundstange. I have been looking at the T800, the sound rhyme SR8, Flo blue lover, and TRN BA15. I am pretty treble sensitive, specially when hihat in EDM music kicks in. What do you guys think of the picks so far?
The t 800 requires a solid weld and has very harsh highs. I ordered knowless filters for this. I haven't listened to bluelover much, but it's clear that he's not a detail monster. I know sr 8 is almost close to totl level. For any electronic music, I prefer hybrid ones over balanced drivers. in my personal opinion sr is above the others as 8 level.

I have serious treble sensitivity, I cannot listen to t 800s for a long time. bluelover is not tiring

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #82,583 of 102,993
The market for 100$ is super competitive with great products, I prefer QDC products like the Anole VX and stuff, but didn't like the Dmagic solo by them(which was a budget offering).
You are probably on the money. This new qdc will probably be crappy, just like the "budget friendly" Folk crashed, just like the budget Fearless and CFA crashed and burned. Remember the Honeydew was it? They can't make something awesome in the budget realm, or it'll call into question their kilobuck pricing. It's the problem with boxing yourself in with release after release in the mega realm. If you try to come up with something in the budget realm, usually it's something less than stellar, and it just fades away.

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #82,584 of 102,993
Hi guys, may I ask if any of you could suggest me some good budget friendly wireless in-ears to buy? I have been out of the loop for 3 years or so :frowning2:
Fiio FW3. Excellent wireless with good sound and cheap price tag.

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #82,585 of 102,993
You are probably on the money. This new qdc will probably be crappy, just like the "budget friendly" Folk crashed, just like the budget Fearless and CFA crashed and burned. Remember the Honeydew was it? They can't make something awesome in the budget realm, or it'll call into question their kilobuck pricing. It's the problem with boxing yourself in with release after release in the mega realm. If you try to come up with something in the budget realm, usually it's something less than stellar, and it just fades away.
Exactly man, May be these brands slowly understand that the main movement in the market is happening only in the budget category. But they will need a lot of time to capture the sound and demand of this category I believe and also capture the competition here.

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #82,586 of 102,993
IMG_4742.jpeg

Quintet here by me.

They have a sound that reminds me of HEXA (which the world loved, but I didn't).

At this point I start to think I'm not able to appreciate IEM, which those who (certainly) are more experienced and refined than me in judging, consider as good or excellent.

Don't get me wrong: I perceive how detailed and resolving they are, how well the instruments are positioned in the scene, etc.

What I don't like is that slightly cold, intimate sound that seems to come from a tin, with subdued bass tones, but which occasionally give a punch in the sub-bass.

I also could not get Hexa (and I am not any bass affictionado), just plain non-exciting, profoundly not exciting at all.

Too many hypetrains nowadays for ever more IEMs and ever shrinking pool of users.

Great to have your opinion, as the real person expecting good return for their purchase vs. hyped reviews of free samples in order to get more of free samples (survival of the fittest in the hype).
BA15 will definitely not work, prominent treble with 2x30095 in the nozzle, and more of a curiousity tuning.

T800 are also treble-rich, but may work well if you are willing to put additional nozzle filters (the info is in the Audiosense thread). T800 should please most with their BA bass.

I do not have SR8.

Jul 7, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #82,588 of 102,993

Quintet here by me.

Man, I also got to try the Quintet today thanks to a friend. I also share similar impressions with you, like the Quintet has a crazy resolution and outstanding technical performance, but its tonality and timbre feel really cold and not organic at all. I was listening to Fire Phoenix earlier(single dd) and the change in tone was drastic for me, I was like nahh. But then I tried to give it some time.
Some things I appreciate about the Quintet:-
>Resolution and technical performance are kind of really solid at this price bracket. Gets full points for this.
>Detail retrieval, imaging, and layering even in busy tracks are simply outstanding.
>Sound is really enveloping like it immerses the listener with its captivating stage.

Some Cons in my opinion:-
>Tone, I find it to be dry and cold like you said.
>I also feel the treble is overly smooth, at least for my taste, I want some more bite, some more excitement.
everything else so far feels good. Tomorrow I will do some tip-rolling as I believe the treble part could be really improved with tip-rolling.

I might also purchase this unit from my friend just for the sake of sheer resolution and technical performance given at this price point. It will be a great companion for my workout sessions(as if I am going to the gym regularly lol). Will add images tomorrow, i have clicked some really beautiful images but it's 4am in my city and my wife and kid are sleeping right next to me, if i pull out the camera they will kick me out of the room.

Although it doesn't sound like Hexa to me, tone isn't as dry as the Hexa was and also the bass is a big improvement both in terms of refinement as well as punch on the Quintet compared to the Hexa.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #82,590 of 102,993
I also could not get Hexa (and I am not any bass affictionado), just plain non-exciting, profoundly not exciting at all.

Too many hypetrains nowadays for ever more IEMs and ever shrinking pool of users.

Great to have your opinion, as the real person expecting good return for their purchase vs. hyped reviews of free samples in order to get more of free samples (survival of the fittest in the hype).

BA15 will definitely not work, prominent treble with 2x30095 in the nozzle, and more of a curiousity tuning.

T800 are also treble-rich, but may work well if you are willing to put additional nozzle filters (the info is in the Audiosense thread). T800 should please most with their BA bass.

I do not have SR8.

Everything I show here is bought with my own money.
No gifts from anyone.

I spent a lot of money in order to satisfy my desire to listen to music at quality levels that I can only enjoy on the rare occasions when I visit sector exhibitions, listening to systems that cost like a Ferrari.
(from the last fair I visited in Milan last year, I show you an image of a system and the price list 😱)

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

I quickly understood that with the IEMs I could easily reach levels of listening satisfaction that were unthinkable for me before, and so I took the plunge.

Obviously not all purchases are spot on, but as I wrote some time ago, the balance so far is largely positive.

The problem is, for me, now, that I no longer know which guideline to follow for purchases.

All of course I can not buy and try.

Of the reviews, I have ascertained, I cannot trust blindly, but not because I consider them dishonest or interested, but because objectively this is a field where personal taste and sensitivity are the masters.

The scientific method (frequency response graphs, etc) does not they help me.

I have personally found, by looking at and comparing charts of IEMs that I own and listen to, that they don't help me judge an IEM without listening to it.

I tend to be a basshead, and therefore I'm sensitive to warm and low sound (but seasoned with strong, vivid and present highs, bordering on sibilance).

I see graphs from certain IEMs that look like bass farts, and then, when I try them, they're cannons.

I see other charts from other IEMs that seem to have killer bass, and then when I test them, they come underwhelming.

I can't square the circle.

The ideal would be to be able to have
the judgment of someone who has the same ear and musical taste as you, but it is practically impossible.

So I find myself in an impasse that is difficult to resolve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back