The discovery thread!
Jul 7, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #82,562 of 106,679
the Ear tips that comes with Tanchjim Kara, T-APB ( 2 pairs of each size costs $15, pretty pricey set) just arrived. I didn’t know Kara comes with it and ordered from Shenzhenaudio.

This ear tips does pretty good job, I‘m using it as my second best partner besides H570 thesedays.

The discovery part is, this Ear tip
has pressure release function it seems😳

"T-APB Proprietary Technology
Each TANCHJIM T-APB silicone eartip integrates six one-way balancing
channels inside, which enhance the comfortness by evenly balancing the
air pressure inside the ear canal, thus to prevent swelling of ear canal
caused by prolonged use of earphonet"

I never saw this in there marketing materials (or much of any marketing materials for that matter)

p.s.
TANCHJIM doesn't even have a listing on there own website
https://tanchjim.com

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #82,563 of 106,679
Anyone tried BA only Flo audio - blue lover? nobody has reviewed it here nor on yt. Would love to hear from somebody who has tried them.

I've had them less than a week, they are very close to Audiosense DT600. Seems to be same configuration from same OEM, but the shell is slightly different. I don't have a graphing rig but Ian Fann video shows exactly the same changes to signature with impedance adapter. Impedances, sensitivity, impedance and isolation are the same. I hear a tiny increase in treble extension over DT600 but only listening back to back and that could be easily explained by unit variance or different cable. If they have substituted drivers they have done an outstanding job to get the exact same sound.

Since DT600 is no longer available, Bluelover is cheaper and equivalent, with cheaper accessories and a QDC instead of MMCX connector.

Actually the optional accessories are the same as what came included with DT600 (except cable).

I'd love to see a teardown to establish if it is the same drivers. :L3000:

Jul 7, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #82,564 of 106,679
Well, I respect both burn in believers and non-believers, is it brain burn in or actual mechanical burn in, if it works for you, why not?

Personally, I have measured some IEMs on my rig at 0 hours, 1 hour, 5, hours etc all the way to 20 hours and have not found much difference in the frequency response. At most maybe 0.5 dB difference here and there, but this could be due to other reasons too. Maybe the ear can hear this 0.5 dB difference, who knows?
Read enough reviews and you‘ll hear, “the measurements don’t reflect what I’m hearing”

For me, burn in is for the break in of the surround, on a DD. And a digital measuring device can not properly interpret the nuances associated to the travel (literal & figurative) of the DD, only the final destination/measurement.

As an extreme example, I have a sub enclosure that I upgraded with a new driver and during the break in period, I attached an orange, stationery dot, to the very center, so that I could measure any increase, in travel. After a few hundred hours, the increased distance traveled was demonstrative.

subwoofer BW.jpg

Jul 7, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #82,567 of 106,679
Hi guys, may I ask if any of you could suggest me some good budget friendly wireless in-ears to buy? I have been out of the loop for 3 years or so :frowning2:
Take a look at Fiil t1xs and t1 pro, not audiophile level, walking about, exercising I enjoy the t1xs, the t1 pro is smaller and more neutral than the bass leaning t1xs. There is an app that has equalizing options, and other features.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #82,568 of 106,679
Anyone tried BA only Flo audio - blue lover? nobody has reviewed it here nor on yt. Would love to hear from somebody who has tried them.
i have one, I just listened to some. The first thing I noticed was how similar it was to my dt 300s, maybe it could be better in some respects. I may change my mind later, but for now I can say that it is very similar to the audiosense tuning. The headphones definitely sound overpriced, the only difference with the $200-250 band is the average resolution. again good resolution for the price, I personally like it

Jul 7, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #82,569 of 106,679
Hi guys, may I ask if any of you could suggest me some good budget friendly wireless in-ears to buy? I have been out of the loop for 3 years or so :frowning2:
IF you already have some IEMs with detachble cables, you can try one of these. It goes behind the neck, and has longer battery life. This one includes APTx and LDAC.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804760778725.html

There is a higher priced one that also includes APTX LOSSLESS, at a higher price. And are several sellers on AE that sell the same or similar items. Note that your phone (source) will need LDAC, APTX, or APTX Lossless to get that codec's benefits.

Using one of these lets you use a "better" IEM that you prefer, vrs whatever the TWS Mfr Supplies....

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #82,570 of 106,679
I honestly agree myself, and i will give my usual time of 100-200 hours which I treat every single dd iem in my collection before judging.
Second this. And spending 100hrs on a set actually has a positive side.

You can’t get many IEMs with a short span if you need to spend 100 hrs on each, it saves you to prevent reckless purchases.

I come to realize this as I‘m fully stacked with listening time and pre burn-in units stacking up right now..

If only time and resources needed to be spent on an IEM is 30min, you can buy as many as IEMs and keep losing money. This time investment into IEMs are good habit in avoiding impulse purchases👏

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #82,571 of 106,679
Ordered right away, but Aliexpress shipped it to “transit country” which took extra few weeks, and it’s still on way from transit country to USA😅

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #82,572 of 106,679
I have been exploring this wireless segment recently from flagship models to budget models (I probably have around 20-30 wireless models)
IMG_8765.jpeg

You may consider:

If you are planning hi-res wireless (note iphone does not support hi-res wireless)

New: FIIL CC Pro2 $109
-very good overall experience, multipoint, LDAC, 42db Adaptive Hybrid ANC( this feature is generally high-end model’s feature)
IMG_8736.jpeg

New : Technics EAH-AZ60 $89
-former flagship from Panasonic(Technics) price cut due to new flagship AZ80 appeared couple of weeks ago.
-very good sound quality mainly on top registers, smooth multipoint, LDAC, sleek carrying case, smaller housing, Best ANC strength for the price
IMG_8733.jpeg

or if you are OK with secondhand, which may be tricky as TWSs are heavily internal battery dependent, but you can get some old models with 25% of original MSRP.

I wasn’t going to use my Jabra Elite 65t as a main wireless, I only needed it to know how it sounds, so I ordered a $39 secondhand one from “Amazon Refurbished/Renewed”. SQ is as good as IEMs around $50-100, and it supports multipoint, no ANC, no fancy hi-res wireless but works neatly and satisfies many of the needs.
IMG_8486.jpeg

For new one, AZ60 or CC Pro2 is highly recommended. For lower price range, from my experience it’s ”you get what you paid” quality.

I haven’t tried but FiiO’s FW3 maybe a good choice if you don’t need ANC functions, it goes around $70.

Those T-APB tips are fantastic. The treble version is probably one of the best ear tips I have. The only problem is, they run extremely small. The medium size fits like a ss/s
Right…it’s Asian market focused product, and the model canal sizes are based on that.

T-APB is my second favorite besides H570 now👏

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #82,573 of 106,679
Just got them yesterday, haven't had much time with them yet, but my quick impression is that they have a good amount of bass with sub-bass impact, I'm currently trying different tips with them to get the best fit/sound for my ears. (I also got the Juzear 41T recently, which should be an interesting comparison.)

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #82,574 of 106,679
I've had them less than a week, they are very close to Audiosense DT600. Seems to be same configuration from same OEM, but the shell is slightly different. I don't have a graphing rig but Ian Fann video shows exactly the same changes to signature with impedance adapter. Impedances, sensitivity, impedance and isolation are the same. I hear a tiny increase in treble extension over DT600 but only listening back to back and that could be easily explained by unit variance or different cable. If they have substituted drivers they have done an outstanding job to get the exact same sound.

Since DT600 is no longer available, Bluelover is cheaper and equivalent, with cheaper accessories and a QDC instead of MMCX connector.

Actually the optional accessories are the same as what came included with DT600 (except cable).

I'd love to see a teardown to establish if it is the same drivers. :L3000:
That’s be amazing for $69 IEM to be packed with lower grade for Knowles x6 x2 👍👍 probably $3-4/BA they were able to source with dead minimum production cost

Really love Floaudio’s attempts in keeping pricing dead low while making fine IEMs👏

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #82,575 of 106,679
That’s be amazing for $69 IEM to be packed with lower grade for Knowles x6 x2 👍👍 probably $3-4/BA they were able to source with dead minimum production cost

Really love Floaudio’s attempts in keeping pricing dead low while making fine IEMs👏
I feel like there's a small lack of soundstage, I'm thinking of selling some audiosense after bleulover. Bluelover can compete with most audiosense in the $200-250 band even at average resolution. I'm just thinking about these after a few listens, I might change my mind after the burning process is done. Oddly just 88 euros for now, a dt300 184 euros. this thing is crazy cheap.

Much better than dt 300 in bass, sound signature is very similar

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back