The discovery thread!
Sep 17, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #37,861 of 100,890
Sorry guys. But i will not be able to tell impressions of Audboz, because... Managed a discout for BGVP. Its already ordered and waiting for shipment now. I choose red color.

The audboz or Tenhz will become in the future as soon as I sell some of my iems.

I am really excited :)

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #37,862 of 100,890
http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/

It has a review of the new magaosi offering and also BGVP DMG.

This blog is a real gold mine.

Also.
@Hawaiibadboy I said that i disliked your channel first. But now i really love and appreciate your work dude. Keep up!

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #37,865 of 100,890
Sep 17, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #37,867 of 100,890
Sorry guys. But i will not be able to tell impressions of Audboz, because... Managed a discout for BGVP. Its already ordered and waiting for shipment now. I choose red color.

The audboz or Tenhz will become in the future as soon as I sell some of my iems.

I am really excited :)
glad you decided. it's not easy, decisions, decisions.. hope you find that your choice was the right one, according with your desired signature.

i was very near of pushing the trigger to accept a nice offer (DMG+P4, $190, 162€).
but as a good "mid head", decided to pass on DMG; P4 looks way more mid centric. then, realized that P4 would be redundant with T4 (in order process at hotfi), similar signature, so passed on P4 as well.
wish i'd show this behavior more frequently, my wallet would feel grateful..

Sep 17, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #37,868 of 100,890
@paulindss did they ship from 4px rm or dhl?

because I ordered there too .. if they shipped from 4px rm.. it gonna take a very long shipping.. people who got with dhl have them in a week...

Don't know, they said that they are going to use Singapore post. Its the usual for my country.

Sep 17, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #37,869 of 100,890
Anyone tried removing the damper yet? With the right tips, I serious don't think the DMG needs it, nor the acoustic filters. With the tips I scavenged from the Aurvana IE3, I'm getting a remarkably smooth top end that makes no real sacrifices to clarity or sibilance. Then again, I tend to listen at lower volumes than most people. With the mod, the DMG still won't have a mid-forward signature, but it does become more pronounced and delineated.

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #37,870 of 100,890
Also a pair of these. EP35 from niceHCK. Using same drivers as the Onkyo E700M
HTB18SpKB5CYBuNkSnaVq6AMsVXae.jpg
I have some real toothing problems with these: the nozzles are too short for my German-made ears. In order to compensate and get a seal, I had to grab some monstrous 14 mm tips that work like toilet plungers. I don't have the feeling these sit deep enough in my ears. But this feeling may be wrong.

Interestingly, the cross section of the nozzle is elliptical.

EP 35 1-1.jpg
EP35 2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #37,871 of 100,890
Here's one from the portable source gear threads, Ibasso has recently released the DX120, you can read about it here.
They are listed at $299 which is a great price for what it has to offer.

Per Paul at Ibasso:
Balanced: 2.5 TRRS
Single Ended: 3.5 TRS
Line out: 3.5 TRS

2 micro SD card slots.

DX120 Specifications:

2.5mm Balanced
Output Voltage:3.6Vrms
Frequency Response:10Hz-45kHz+/-1dB
THD+N: 0.00028%,-111dB (without load)
0.00032%,-110dB(32Ω@2.4Vrms)
DNR:117dB
S/N:117dB
Crosstalk:-116dB

3.5mm Single Ended
Output Voltage:1.8Vrms
Frequency Response:10Hz-45kHz+/-1dB
THD+N: 0.00042%,-107dB (without load)
0.00056%,-105dB(32Ω@1.2Vrms)
DNR:115dB
S/N:115dB
Crosstalk:-115dB

16 hours of play time with standard files. This will vary depending upon the load, volume and resolution being played.

The DX120 development focused on obtaining the most out of the AK4495 DAC chip to deliver high fidelity at an extremely good price. The specifications for the AK4495 show a THD+N of 105dB. In real practice obtaining this THD+N can be very difficult. However our engineers, through hard work, using intelligent design and research, have reached a THD+N of -111dB. This surpasses the -105dB of the AK data sheet by 6dB! A mission impossible has been made possible. And you will enjoy the rewards of a high performance digital audio player.
The drawback, which may not be for many of us, is that there is no Bluetooth, no WiFi, no streaming. Just a straight music player that will play all the big formats and with room for two 400 gb micro sd cards. That's a big library at your fingertips.​

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #37,872 of 100,890
I have some real toothing problems with these: the nozzles are too short for my German-made ears. In order to compensate and get a seal, I had to grab some monstrous 14 mm tips that work like toilet plungers. I don't have the feeling these sit deep enough in my ears. But this feeling may be wrong.

I have the Onkyo IE-FC300, and they're great for the $30 clearance price I paid awhile back. I was wondering how this NiceHCK EP35 compares since they're supposed to be like the more expensive Onkyo E700M.

So how are you liking them? Think they're worth the $33 or so?

Sep 17, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #37,874 of 100,890

I hate that form-factor. When I see that form, I know I'm going to have trouble with fit. Maybe you can try out tips with extended stem. I've seen triple flanges of different stem lengths, but I don't know about others.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #37,875 of 100,890
I have the Onkyo IE-FC300, and they're great for the $30 clearance price I paid awhile back. I was wondering how this NiceHCK EP35 compares since they're supposed to be like the more expensive Onkyo E700M.

So how are you liking them? Think they're worth the $33 or so?
Do I like them? That's a good question. Build, cable, and case are all stellar. Sound is NOT V-shaped and nice and airy and it rather sounds like a BA driver and not a DD driver. Bass is minimalistic but may deserve some more authority. Soundstage is accurate but resolution and instrument separation could be better. Vocals sound accurate. There is a good sense of space and clarity in the midrange. Not sure about the treble yet but it possibly could be a bit clearer. The overall image could be a bit fuller bodied with a bit more dynamic expression...it is rather polite.

These earphones are certainly not for the heavy metal fan...at higher volumes the sound can be harsh and, where instrumentation is busy, congested. People who like to listen at low volumes will like it.

Nevertheless, they are worth their money. I think the manufacturer tried too hard to produce a $300 earphone for $30. Let's see what they will sound like tomorrow...I'll burn my brain in overnight.

I hate that form-factor. When I see that form, I know I'm going to have trouble with fit. Maybe you can try out tips with extended stem. I've seen triple flanges of different stem lengths, but I don't know about others.
The form factor is similar to the Xiaomi Mi Pro HD. I have boxes full of different tips: with the triple flanges I didn't get a seal at all and some huge foams smothered all sparkle. In the end I fared best with wide rubbers but I have the (misleading) feeling the earpieces should go in deeper. Technically, they are sitting correctly in my ears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back