The discovery thread!
Sep 17, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #37,878 of 100,477
LOL!. That bass. Trying the LZ grey filters and I only have the stock filters since I sold off my upgraded ones. These do give a touch mellower sound. Gives even a bigger bass end it seems adding a bit a warmth to the sound.

Since the Semcarch CNT1 earphones use the same filters I can try those too.

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #37,879 of 100,477
I have the Onkyo IE-FC300, and they're great for the $30 clearance price I paid awhile back. I was wondering how this NiceHCK EP35 compares since they're supposed to be like the more expensive Onkyo E700M.

So how are you liking them? Think they're worth the $33 or so?

From what I've read about the EP35 they seem to be very different sounding from what I hear on the E700. Both design and the description I've read about the sound makes me think of the Philips TX2.

Phillips and Onkyo uses the same OEM for their headphones and IEM's.

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #37,882 of 100,477
@B9Scrambler very good find man ... so we can use the lz a5 filters... which gives the best sound in your experience... for soundstage only what do you think ...

and one more thing can we use lz a4 filters too with bgvp dmg.. @B9Scrambler ... are they interchangeable

LZ A4 and A5 filters are not interchangeable with each other so I doubt they'll fit the same IEM's.

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #37,883 of 100,477
Discovered that audbos p4 has different driver arrangement than tehnz p4 pro.

P4 pro has one ba for mid, and 2 for highs.
P4 has 2 for mids, and 1 for highs. I am confused, as bisonicr presented as a p4 update. Don't know in which one bet. The 2 share the same fr graph in the box.

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #37,884 of 100,477

P4 has 2 for mids, and 1 for highs. I am confused, as bisonicr presented as a p4 update. Don't know in which one bet. The 2 share the same fr graph in the box.
that's what i thought, after reading the review.. but guess the config of audbos p4 should say:
CI-22955,lows; Bellsing 29689,mids (not "highs"); 2xAudbos proprietary db-K3, highs (not "mids").

Sep 19, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #37,886 of 100,477

Regardless of what people may think, yes, the P4 Pro is an update to the P4. A dealer who deals directly with Audbos/Tenhz confirmed this. Whether its better or not than the P4 is another matter altogether.

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #37,887 of 100,477
well here are some impressions of the bgvp dmg. I got it with discount thanks to dd audio store.

I found out that the silver filter is the best for me.The soundstage is big. I hear instruments very clearly with some microdetail which I didnt hear before. So u will find the soundstage is very clear in some good mastered tracks. Instrument accuracy is great and mids are good for me. Note this are balanced iems. So dont expect basshead levels. I dont know if you can push it further for basshead levels with a good amp source and with some eq. The bass is pretty controlled. I used a weak source. A smartphone in this case. This iems are very easy to drive. So u dont need a dap for it they sound good with weak sources aswell. With the silver filter I had no issues with piercing highs. They are not very bright or very dark in anyway. Maybe mild dark sound signature but enough to hear the background clearly. thats major go for me. So u can use it on every genre. without problems.

gold filter wasnt enough to me and the black filter made the sound signature muddy in my case

and if the lz a5 filters give better bass performance I will consider them aswell.

I think its good for the price u pay but I dont have much iems in this price range. So I will leave it to you folks for further comparisons about it. I hope u like them all. btw dd audiostore shippes very fast I can recommend them u get a less then a month. So this was my first impressions peace :L3000:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #37,888 of 100,477
well here are some impressions of the bgvp dmg. I got it with discount thanks to dd audio store.

I found out that the silver filter is the best for me.The soundstage is big. I hear instruments very clearly with some microdetail which I didnt hear before. So u will find the soundstage is very clear in some good mastered tracks. Instrument accuracy is great and mids are good for me. Note this are balanced iems. So dont expect basshead levels. I dont know if you can push it further for basshead levels with a good amp source and with some eq. The bass is pretty controlled. I used a weak source. A smartphone in this case. This iems are very easy to drive. So u dont need a dap for it they sound good with weak sources aswell. With the silver filter I had no issues with piercing highs. They are not very bright or very dark in anyway. Maybe mild dark sound signature but enough to hear the background clearly. thats major go for me. So u can use it on every genre. without problems.

gold filter wasnt enough to me and the black filter made the sound signature muddy in my case

and if the lz a5 filters give better bass performance I will consider them aswell.

I think its good for the price u pay but I dont have much iems in this price range. So I will leave it to you folks for further comparisons about it. I hope u like them all. btw dd audiostore shippes very fast I can recommend them u get a less then a month. So this was my first impressions peace :L3000:

Would you describe the mids as thin, thick or neutral? Also warm, cold or neutral?

Sep 19, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #37,890 of 100,477
Been messing with my pair of DMGs a bit. Did some tip rolling and the DMGs are more tip dependent than I initially thought. With the right tips you can sharpen the mid range or have the mids step back a touch. Depending on how you like your mid range. I tried the bass filters and it does give a more fully bodied presentation to the DMG but with a slight cost to the mids and treble.

My silver balanced cable brings a bit more spacious sound and also brings more detail to the mids and the highs while tightening the bass a touch. In combination with an old AT tip I was able to bring up the mids to my liking while maintaining that full bodied sound using the bass filter. The gives a more musical tilt to the sound.

With the balanced filter I like using my UE tips and it sounds more closer to a neutral type performance to my ears with greater treble presence while giving a tight bass end. I noticed wider tips like the Spiral dots and UE tips will lessen the bass impact a touch. Try wider tips if you find the bass a bit larger than you would like.

In any case. The DMGs can be modded to your liking and is easily influenced by tips and cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back