The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #19,171 of 102,832
I agree, but I'm not the one coming off obnoxious or elitist. That's left for others. As for bhazard, he 's a good guy because he tells it like it is regardless of what brand or type of IEM it is. If he doesn't like it, he says it. I do the same. Some don't respect my opinion, but that's not gonna slow me down, mr walcer. As I respect you and all other voices...who respect mine. 'Nuff said. This is ridiculous stuff. I will enjoy my Piston till the DUNU reach my door.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #19,172 of 102,832
  SERIOUS listening with 3 days worth burned in Pistons:  very nice, a bit bright and bass still boomy.  probably needs lots more burn in, but a steal for the price indeed. but
not high end audio even though pleasing...my m200s blow them out of the water in all frequency ranges, and Onkyos hd300s also superior. i agree,  Kefs still the master ism under 200
iMO.  Pistons now down to 15.00 w free shipping on ebay.  look authentic, new version. such a deal!  Gratitudes though are magic for 60$ if you like the sound signature.  i haven't heard the
H3s or im02s, but the mdr7550s when on sale for 189.00 (as they are now and then) are still my champion for a flat monitor earphone...........

One day burn in report on DRAGONFLY v1.2 dad:  sound is getting liquid and tone improed dramatically.  sound is thicker with much more musicality than v1.
serious engineering improvements, more power, more instrument detail. at 150.00 seriously better than original, even when original is now 99.00  if you use computer audio
on the go this is the way to go for ultimate portability plus sound quality.  still benefits from external amp on output to headphones to control bass and drive of music.

Thank you sir! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #19,173 of 102,832

Any opinion is fine (even if it's not right :)  But it's a bit annoying when it's repeated over and over again, especially when a few weeks before the complete opposite opinion was repeated over and over again. And by saying stuff like "overhyped", even though it's an opinion, it indirectly puts down everyone who likes them. And by saying stuff like "sleepy treble", to me it's just plain misleading. IMO of course.

beerchug.gif
 True enough.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #19,174 of 102,832
  I get what's being said about the M200, because I've been in that boat. I enjoy the Piston more than the M200 myself. Does that mean the Piston is better in SQ or more technically capable? No. The M200 had excellent sound, and was close to approaching perfection. All of my problems with it were from the fit, seal, and just how awkward it felt to wear no matter what I tried. It had to go.

The appeal of the new Piston is more like how the Monoprice 8320 originally blew us away. You thought to yourself, $8? These sound like $50! With the Piston, you get much of the same reaction to the price/performance ratio, which I'm all about.

You stated your opinion in a wonderful, non-offensive manner. This's how it should be done. People having and voicing their opinions is fine - but it's the delivery that is important. Thanks.

And now that you mention the 8320's, I haven't listened to those $8 wonders in a while - time to dig them out!

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #19,175 of 102,832

I agree, but I'm not the one coming off obnoxious or elitist. That's left for others. As for bhazard, he 's a good guy because he tells it like it is regardless of what brand or type of IEM it is. If he doesn't like it, he says it. I do the same. Some don't respect my opinion, but that's not gonna slow me down, mr walcer. As I respect you and all other voices...who respect mine. 'Nuff said. This is ridiculous stuff. I will enjoy my Piston till the DUNU reach my door.

Reread your previous posts, and reread bhazard's. That's all I'm going to say now.

Quote:

You stated your opinion in a wonderful, non-offensive manner. This's how it should be done. People having and voicing their opinions is fine - but it's the delivery that is important. Thanks.

And now that you mention the 8320's, I haven't listened to those $8 wonders in a while - time to dig them out!

+1, you go bhazard! 
The pistons are more of the monoprice in the good ol' days, and I completely agree with that input. I'm hoping the hype for these don't die and stay strong like the monoprice. 

After that, have its own thread made like the monoprices did. Hopefully a lot of supporters fill that thread up. As for now, I truly want it to stay for a good while, like the monoprice. Heck, even longer is encouraged imo. 

They're beautiful looking, well fit, and sound great with a price tag of $20. If the $15 is legit, hahaha, I might buy it.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #19,176 of 102,832

After that, have its own thread made like the monoprices did. Hopefully a lot of supporters fill that thread up. As for now, I truly want it to stay for a good while, like the monoprice.

You keep talking like that, and I might just be out $20 soon!
beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #19,178 of 102,832
You slay me lol He likes it, but not fit. I say sorry, build quality is ****, but I like the sound fine. He says the KZ 2000005.1 sounds like ****, so stay away, and that's ok because you a) don't own it or have never owned it b) you agree with his assessment. I'm not saying it in any different fashion than he does other IEMs, but oh Lordy, I'm taking badly about an IEM you revere so. Sorry to step on your M200 without having enough "tact". Forgive me. Now my opinion has not changed on build quality, nor has my opinion that the Piston kicks some serious *** and like a $100+ IEM. ROCK IT!! The Cars!!

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #19,179 of 102,832

Like i be saying just lookin' out for you and no one is trying to stop or change you. It's just your crazy @ss repetitive/ random consecutive posts and the way you blow up due to small constructive criticism is what everyone is having problems with. The way you went about in the Delta Thread i was VERY surprised you didn't get locked out tbh.

Case in point....

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/69/100x100px-LS-69202186_ue700.jpeg[/img]
  1. IEMagnet01
  2. badge_1000.v3499439622.png

You slay me lol He likes it, but not fit. I say sorry, build quality is ****, but I like the sound fine. He says the KZ 2000005.1 sounds like ****, so stay away, and that's ok because you a) don't own it or have never owned it b) you agree with his assessment. I'm not saying it in any different fashion than he does other IEMs, but oh Lordy, I'm taking badly about an IEM you revere so. Sorry to step on your M200 without having enough "tact". Forgive me. Now my opinion has not changed on build quality, nor has my opinion that the Piston kicks some serious *** and like a $100+ IEM. ROCK IT!! The Cars!!

.... the hell man are you LITERALLY asking to get locked out/ banned or something. Your post above is exactly what i am talking about. Some people never learn sheeeesh.
rolleyes.gif

Have some respect for others in this thread cuz posting 'ish like that gets you no fans/ support and is only doing yourself as disservices.

Forum Post Etiquette nuff said. 
deadhorse.gif
Cuz this thread can take A LOT of BS an exemplified with all my troll efforts but there are limits meng. Just saying...... 

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #19,183 of 102,832
At the electronics shop with my brother, and though I'd never buy an IEM from this place, because the markup is $60-80 each, I'm trying the demo for the Sony H-1 and AKG 3003. I've never heard the AKG, and this place has it priced for $950 ($75.00 instant rebate), and right next to the new Bose IEM and Audiofly. I can see why the 3003 is so talked about. WOWEE!! They make my Piston sound like an apple earbud. The width. Depth, and soundstage is insane, as is the forewardness and detail. If I was rich...

The Bose doesn't sound too bad. A bit awkward, but clear and nice bass and treble. Better than the rep, but for $299?? Nah.

The Sony XBA H1 is definitely engaging. Smoother in presentation than my OM Audio. The highs aren't as forward or sparkly, bass is just a bit lesser of weight, but not bad, and the mids are very lush. I really like the H1. Not as much detail or soundstage as the 3003, and not as refined, but very engaging next to the Piston. Very nice..but I'm sure I can get it for less than $185.00?

Ok I'm out of here. My brother got his replacement cups for the Koss PortaPros.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #19,184 of 102,832
Always meng always, just handling some Family/ Thread business. :p

Nothin' to see here folks move on move on.....

If a post as direct but as benign as that gets someone locked out, it's not because it's a post worth being locked out for, but other reasons? I'm sure you know what I mean? Anyways..as I said before the horse was best some more, I'm done with this conversation and this line of threats over my opinions about the M200. Enough already.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #19,185 of 102,832
  That wasn't directed at you Mr troll, sir.

:p

^ BOOOOOOO!!!

i was certain i have a MASSIVE following, but i guess i am just a giant in my own mind. A figure of my own imagination.

Oh well i can ALWAYS just create my own army of cardboard followers. : P

... ya'll ain't at my level yet.
cool.gif

Like i be saying this thread is a clusterfrack BUT what glorious mess it is. haha Fun tymes. :)

Why so serious, it's the inter-web afterall. Leave the butthurt elsewhere and just have fun with it meng.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back