The discovery thread!
Sep 12, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #64,981 of 100,013
Sep 12, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #64,982 of 100,013
I think I'll get these out of my ears only for charging the next days. The DD and planar combo sounds so addicting. Deep satisfying bass impact without mid bleed and crystal clear planar sound in the upper registers that we all love. The Freebuds use the same mid-bass-dip-trick as the Moondrop Variations to not bleed while having bombast bass.

This is easily my product of the year 2022. A budget Szalay maybe? Haven't listened to the Szalay...

Just few days back i discuss about imagining DD + planar combo and suddenly this appears with very good tuning.
I aware sometimes back huawei release another TWS just like other phone makers but didn't expect this really.
Can you tell me more about it with more detailed story so i can jump the fence?
Any comparison with umm timeless? Or kato? Or Galaxy buds 2 / pro as tws contender?

Thanks in advance

Sep 12, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #64,983 of 100,013
Just few days back i discuss about imagining DD + planar combo and suddenly this appears with very good tuning.
I aware sometimes back huawei release another TWS just like other phone makers but didn't expect this really.
Can you tell me more about it with more detailed story so i can jump the fence?
Any comparison with umm timeless? Or kato? Or Galaxy buds 2 / pro as tws contender?

Thanks in advance

Honestly, I would buy this thing as an imaginary wired version for double the price without remorse. DD + planar is just me gusta :ok_hand:
I hope more manufacturers beside Huawei and Oriolus roll up their sleeves and build this combo.
The Freebuds 2 Pro sound like the Timeless and some premium single DD had a lovechild.

This is dato the best TWS I ever listened to. Before that it was the Final Audio ZE3000 and before that it was the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch.
If you are unsure I recommend you buy from Amazon or a local electronic shop. I bought from Media Markt so return would be easy. Well, I won't return it for sure.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #64,984 of 100,013
Honestly, I would buy this thing as an imaginary wired version for double the price without remorse. DD + planar is just me gusta :ok_hand:
I hope more manufacturers beside Huawei and Oriolus roll up their sleeves and build this combo.
The Freebuds 2 Pro sound like the Timeless and some premium single DD had a lovechild.

This is dato the best TWS I ever listened to. Before that it was the Final Audio ZE3000 and before that it was the Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch.
If you are unsure I recommend you buy from Amazon or a local electronic shop. I bought from Media Markt so return would be easy. Well, I won't return it for sure.

Sorry for another questions, i should asked before.
How is the technicalities like true details, soundstage width depth, imaging and layering?

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #64,985 of 100,013
Well, that’s the true value of Head-Fi, if you can find people that can substantiate your hearing of an IEM. I don’t want to say anyone’s wrong or right. My bass ideas are actually slightly different than yours, but close. But yes, these are not in anyway basshead level? The TRN ST5 are balanced and to me the bass takes a backseat to the mids and treble? I just want to know if my set has something wrong with it. Like maybe they left out the damping filters in the two nozzle mounted BAs or something? Lol

But in the end it’s all good, we have cool stuff to listen to music with! Cheers!
So, those TRN ST5 got my attention (The only TRN in my small collection is the V90) --- just out of curiosity: What would you consider a basshead IEM?

Cheers.

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #64,986 of 100,013
Sorry for another questions, i should asked before.
How is the technicalities like true details, soundstage width depth, imaging and layering?
Technicalities? I'd say state of the art, or as good as it gets. It seems Devialet cast their psychoacoustic magic on this TWS. Details are planar like excellent. Hi Hats have a satisfying zing and reverb. Soundstage is small to medium. Sound feels rather in or at the edge of the head as opposed to holographic/outside. Bass has that subwoofer feel but not overwhelming. Kind of like the Moondrop Variations. Overall sound is addicting due to excellent bass and ultra details. Vocals are forward. Mids have plenty of room to breathe due to dipped mid-bass.

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #64,987 of 100,013
Quite surprising it’s Huawei that was first to come up with this hybrid setup in The Planar Wars and in TWS form. I’m sure others will follow now if it sounds that good. Would definitely be interested in wired form IEM.

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #64,988 of 100,013
Quite surprising it’s Huawei that was first to come up with this hybrid setup in The Planar Wars and in TWS form. I’m sure others will follow now if it sounds that good. Would definitely be interested in wired form IEM.
I wonder if Huawei will be able to add the New Lossless codec "aptX Lossless" that Qualcomm is adding to their latest Snapdragon SoC.
- It should be able to send/receive 16/44.1 with zero compression artifacts; and would go nice with those new DD/Planar TWS.

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #64,989 of 100,013
Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 - Stunned!

I can’t believe this is not butter a wired IEM. 15 min. listening time in, very pleasing synergy between dynamic and planar driver.

IMG_1291

graph (1)

Huawei Freebuds Pro 2 frequency response graph
DynamicEars Target FR REW.jpg

Seriously, looking the FR of that, its really close with my preference target that I rarely found those slight warming upper bass (variations is tilted downside, made mids thinner), then have great punch on mid-sub bass without adding thickness on 100-300hz. Perhaps the upper mids 3khz that might be little bit shouty for me.
But this kind of bass tuning normally only found on TOTL bass tuning like U12t, 64audio trio, oriolus traillii, Z1R.
Sorry for dominating this page, but this is real discovery for me that made me excited after long time, especially when I don't have great TWS to pair with my usb-c only phone.

Sep 12, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #64,990 of 100,013
So, those TRN ST5 got my attention (The only TRN in my small collection is the V90) --- just out of curiosity: What would you consider a basshead IEM?

Cheers.
Real bass?.......ISN D10.

Sep 12, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #64,992 of 100,013
If we now have, Olina-Aria-TitanS-T3+ line up for best under $100.

If we goes on hybrid route, which iem going to recommended for best hybrid iem under $100?
or we need to go a bit higher for proper hybrid iem?

My current iems is all single DD but KZ ZEXPro (which i gave to my in law) have great multi driver coherency which makes me miss multi driver setup.

How about the TRI Meteors? I think they are a very well tuned solid hybrid set. Probably the only pair in that price range that doesn't have obvious inconsistencies in timbre between the DD and BA. They aren't the most resolving, but they're not bad either. Overall they're a solid hybrid for the price.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot this was an older comment/post. I came across it on a search. My bad lol!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #64,993 of 100,013
Honestly, I wouldn't think that I'll seriously consider an Huawei TWS. Crinacle is writing a review about Galaxy Buds Pro 2. It looks like it takes him long. I wonder how AKG improved the sound. It'd be nice to have a comparison between those two...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back