The discovery thread!
Sep 10, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #64,951 of 101,479
You could bump your budget and try the senn IE600 as an end game single DD.
Unfortunately, that's beyond my budget right now. I guess my choice will be between Kato and Autumn as far as DD are concerned.

Sep 10, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #64,952 of 101,479
Unfortunately, that's beyond my budget right now. I guess my choice will be between Kato and Autumn as far as DD are concerned.
I am not a fan of the Autumn in stock. Kato is better in stock. Modded Autumn and they are kinda even I guess. But the Dunu Titan S is better than the Kato for me.

Sep 10, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #64,953 of 101,479
Tale of 3 SuperTFZ models.
DSC00261.JPG
I go on record to say I have never heard a prior TFZ model. These are my first time experience with these and I have on hand 3 of their newest models. The STFZ Force 1, Force 5, Force King.

These guys have some nice sounding newer in the SuperTFZ line of dynamic IEMs. Last time I posted about these here was when I got them but I am gonna break down what the 3 models represents.

A few surprises for me on these newerish IEMs. They all have good builds with one of them having a more sound to build ratio as I am not a fan of the housing for the Force King though it looks less gaudy vs the Force 5. Kinda mixed on the Force 5 design. They need to move on from that same shell of the Force King, half of Chi fi uses. Force 1 has a way better and nicer looking build over the Force King. But it is the sound why there is a price hike from the Force 1.

So what if the TFZ folks tune with variations of the V that just means they like bass. Who don't like bass.

Force 1 is more v fun forward musical sound signature. It's got surprising body of sound. It's got better imaging than many anywhere near its price range. It is for some reason been a you either like them or hate them it seems is the consensus on them. If you like your music with a nice low end with a fairly fast Beryllium coated dynamic and strong magnets. These amped has no business being anywhere near its price imo. Thats just how I hear them. They are much better than what you guys think for the bucks. Versatile too so they aren't overly V I call it a balanced V more like it.

Force King is the newcomer. These things are surprising. I wasn't expecting stage monitor tuned IEMs in both the Force King and the Force 5. But that is what these were meant for. TFZ version of the neutral with once again surprising balance to its sound. I haven't seen a graph for these but it sounds like it has plenty of upper mids and certainly has a higher resolve vs the Force 1. It is the sound of the Force King is what TFZ is charging for. Its housing is ok. I might sound like I am being harsh on it but. I've seen way too many IEMs using that same housing. Including some very cheap options. The Force 5 is where they put there efforts in a delux packackage using what looks like to be the same dynamic used in the Force King. 11.4mm graphene dynamic with their most neutral tuning.

Force 5. I was wondering. Why the out there looks on these things?. I mean they look like some artist rendition for a "singer. Stage monitor for vocals. I actually prefer the Force King for its version of this sound vs the Force 5. Again neutral even more so than the Force King. The out of box experience on these were not great for me they sounded harsh actually. After burn in these sounded very neutral bright monitor type tuning. Upper mids can sound shouty for some female vocals. It is also treble forward. Mids come in nice in clear for both the Force 5 and Force King. All their models actually.

The graphene drivers these guys are using in combination of dual magnets,. Tesla flux on all of their models including the Force1. I can hear the detail difference on these. They all have snappier sound as well. Nothing sluggish on their presentations let me put it that way. I have heard plenty of graphene plated dynamics but these sound different. These sound more higher end more precise, tighter. The Force 5 does have a lot of treble presence so that might be a turn off for folks that don't like brighter tunings.

DSC00263.JPG
Been testing out the Force King. I threw on a more tonally correct cable on the Force King, this thing sound fantastic for the price. It has to be one of the most detailed single dynamics at that price range. These are like the middle ground in sound for the Force 1 <<Force King<<Force 5. Force1 having the most bass out of the 3 to least.

As far as my preference between the 3. I like the Force King> Force 1 >Force 5

The Force King reminds me a bit of the NA2+ sound signature but more musical, greater body of sound. Its sound is where it easily makes up for their shortcomings,.

The Force 5 is more closer to the NM2+ sound signature. The most neutral offering out of the 3. A mild bass end as these are more tuned for vocal clarity imaging and detail. Is more of a bright neutral tuning. I have to listen to these some more but if you are looking for a smooth sounding gloss over the details type IEM these aren't it,. These are the most detailed out of the 3 offerings. Might have the least amount of bass impact with the most amount of upper mids and treble out of the 3. Not my favorite type of signature but these exist to pick off details.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #64,954 of 101,479
I am not a fan of the Autumn in stock. Kato is better in stock. Modded Autumn and they are kinda even I guess. But the Dunu Titan S is better than the Kato for me.
I'll read up on the Titan S, thanks for the suggestion.

Sep 10, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #64,955 of 101,479
Is there any difference in material between this one and the normal one? I have just reviewed the normal one recently. A good piece of equipment at a good price.
In theory, the only difference is the outer material, which is copper.
I assume this must have some kind of coating or treatment that will keep it from corroding? Because copper rust isn’t especially attractive.
I don't know, but I will ask Hidizs if he has any treatment. That's a good question.

Sep 10, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #64,957 of 101,479
Sep 10, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #64,958 of 101,479
tb_image_share_1662860546948.jpg
Not sure if this has been posted before but these tips look 'innovative' and tasty.

Interesting. However, I wonder how much those outer ridges will affect making a good, quality seal on the ear canal.

Sep 11, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #64,960 of 101,479
Sep 11, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #64,961 of 101,479
Post edited: upon further observation I've decided that it's not worth wasting time and energy giving attention to this infamous troll who feeds on the provocation.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #64,962 of 101,479
Sep 11, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #64,964 of 101,479
I still don't think Moondrop Variations is all that great based on measurements, even disregarding how expensive it is. It covers the frequency spectrum, cool, but to me it's just ok in terms of response.
It's just decent for its price...definitely nothing special after listening it again and again for hours in the shop nearby.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back