The discovery thread!
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #64,996 of 101,418
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #64,997 of 101,418
https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/7hz-sevenhertz-71#images-1

0BC78D25-9FBF-40CE-9C47-7CF6FF094DD6.jpeg

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #64,998 of 101,418
Sep 13, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #64,999 of 101,418
Linsoul calls this a "Potable Amplifier" so does that mean its safe to drink? 😉

I'm an idiot and I couldn't resist. Seems like a pretty cheap way to get some AKM goodness to go and that can only be a good thing!

Yes, but they also spelled it correctly a minimum of three times prior.

Battery-Free Design, Plug And Play​

The 7HZ SEVENHERTZ 71 Potable Headphone Amplifier used a battery-free design. The AK4377 chip is easy to drive and the impedance of the circuitry in this amplifier is also low, meaning that not much power is required. This means that this potable amplifier can be driven with low power. The battery-free design means that there is no need to worry about running out of power during use. You can use this Potable Amplifier anytime, anywhere.

Sep 13, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #65,000 of 101,418

Yes, but they also spelled it correctly a minimum of three times prior.

Battery-Free Design, Plug And Play​

The 7HZ SEVENHERTZ 71 Potable Headphone Amplifier used a battery-free design. The AK4377 chip is easy to drive and the impedance of the circuitry in this amplifier is also low, meaning that not much power is required. This means that this potable amplifier can be driven with low power. The battery-free design means that there is no need to worry about running out of power during use. You can use this Potable Amplifier anytime, anywhere.

Okay, so I was just making a joke because goodness knows I make plenty of spelling errors myself, but if you're really going to try to make me sound like a jerk for pointing out "potable" they also misspelled it that same way two other times so it's not like I nitpicked the single mistake on a page. Jokes are jokes and I don't know when people started getting so defensive about them. We all make mistakes and we should all learn to laugh at them. It makes life much more entertaining.

Edit: And as I said, it looks like a cool dongle too! An AKM based DAC for under $40 would have been a fantasy a few years ago so props to 7hz and Linsoul for that!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #65,001 of 101,418
Okay, so I was just making a joke because goodness knows I make plenty of spelling errors myself, but if you're really going to try to make me sound like a jerk for pointing out "potable" they also misspelled it that same way two other times so it's not like I nitpicked the single mistake on a page. Jokes are jokes and I don't know when people started getting so defensive about them. We all make mistakes and we should all learn to laugh at them. It makes life much more entertaining.

Edit: And as I said, it looks like a cool dongle too! An AKM based DAC for under $40 would have been a fantasy a few years ago so props to 7hz and Linsoul for that!
Well, technically "potable" is a proper word that will pass spellcheck, the wrong word to use but yeah...
---
IMG20220907130602.jpg

This is Eda that have been properly sterilized and burn in with short dip in boiling water. The blanched edition

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #65,002 of 101,418
Well, technically "potable" is a proper word that will pass spellcheck, the wrong word to use but yeah...

No doubt. The concept of a safe to drink DAC was a funny one in my head and I certainly make more idiotic and easier to catch spelling errors everyday while my big, dumb thumbs type away on my phone. And don't even get me started on the monstrosities I have posted because of auto-correct lol! 😂

Sep 13, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #65,003 of 101,418
---
IMG20220907130602.jpg
This is Eda that have been properly sterilized and burn in with short dip in boiling water. The blanched edition

Haha okay so that's funny! See? He made his EDAs "potable!" 😜

Seriously though, props for going all out with the wet IEMs pic! 😂

Sep 13, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #65,004 of 101,418
Haha okay so that's funny! See? He made his EDAs "potable!" 😜

Seriously though, props for going all out with the wet IEMs pic! 😂
Just a reminder of the most famous one I believe #oppoty #DriamOn

1663056719455.png

Not to sidetrack - Dunu Talos looks like ~150$ in preorder, then ~230$. Planar + 2DD it seems

1663056819890.png

Sep 13, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #65,005 of 101,418
Wonder what tuning direction DUNU took with the Talos? they seem to be a bit experimental when it comes to their tuning unlike Moondrop which says hahaha VDSF tuning go brrrrrrr.

Not sure what'll happen to the forgotten SA4 model which came out in mainland China around 7 months ago, would it make sense from a business standpoint to release a 4 BA set when you just released a planar IEM?

1000 yuan is around 144 USD, fantastic early bird price, I reckon Moondrop's Stellaris will sit at around the same price.

Give me the EST 112's tuning with treble extension and I'm 100% sold on the Talos..

Sep 13, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #65,006 of 101,418
Wonder what tuning direction DUNU took with the Talos? they seem to be a bit experimental when it comes to their tuning unlike Moondrop which says hahaha VDSF tuning go brrrrrrr.

Not sure what'll happen to the forgotten SA4 model which came out in mainland China around 7 months ago, would it make sense from a business standpoint to release a 4 BA set when you just released a planar IEM?

1000 yuan is around 144 USD, fantastic early bird price, I reckon Moondrop's Stellaris will sit at around the same price.

Give me the EST 112's tuning with treble extension and I'm 100% sold on the Talos..
The Talos will be a character I think? Meaning of the three DUNUs I have each one is very special. I would rather have something slightly different than the same old "correct" tune. Also when there is a unique combination of drivers, often their intrinsic personality takes place, the mixture makes the sound special. Even the DUNU SA6 with being very even and correct, has character, to me. And.......that one may be a new collaboration next!

So maybe we will see a reviewers idea of their version of the DUNU SA6? Seriously I can sit back and listen to the VULKAN all day long, it's one of the greatest accomplishments they have ever done, IMO.

Sep 13, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #65,007 of 101,418
Just a reminder of the most famous one I believe #oppoty #DriamOn

Not to sidetrack - Dunu Talos looks like ~150$ in preorder, then ~230$. Planar + 2DD it seems

Talos is Planar and 2 BA drivers (with switch to turn off 2 BA drivers).

Sep 13, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #65,008 of 101,418
The Talos will be a character I think? Meaning of the three DUNUs I have each one is very special. I would rather have something slightly different than the same old "correct" tune. Also when there is a unique combination of drivers, often their intrinsic personality takes place, the mixture makes the sound special. Even the DUNU SA6 with being very even and correct, has character, to me. And.......that one may be a new collaboration next!

So maybe we will see a reviewers idea of their version of the DUNU SA6? Seriously I can sit back and listen to the VULKAN all day long, it's one of the greatest accomplishments they have ever done, IMO.
That is interesting, I thought Vulkan is rather meh for the given price (meaning good IEM in general, but not that good in context of the times of great cheap IEMs we live in)

Sep 13, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #65,009 of 101,418

A little levity is what the doctor always orders and I too thought it was hilarious! Thanks for pointing it out and adding a little "chuckle" to my day!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #65,010 of 101,418
BQEYZ Winter coming soon.

The 4th IEM in the Seasons collection after the BQEYZ Spring, Summer and Autumn.

Apparently it is a DD + bone conduction setup. Very interesting, no BA inside.

306277869_392117309750719_3664392398793549413_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back