The discovery thread!
Apr 19, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #47,042 of 101,459
SPECIAL HUNGRYPANDA EARPHONE EDITION?

I was asking around and Shozy are considering a HungryPanda Special Edition of either their Shozy zero or Shozy v33 models...laser engraved.

Shozy is a reputable HK company.

The issues I see:

1. These models at $50 and $75 (regular issue) respectively, so not cheap to begin with - and not everybody can afford them.

2. I would like to see some of the money going to a covid-19 charity...I am a non-profit guy.

UPDATE: Shozy would commit to charity but they need a certain quantity to make this happen.

Suggestions welcome! Also per pm.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #47,043 of 101,459
Not sure about how he would feel. He was not into Shozy and I don't think he would want to cause people to be spending money.

I think he would be uncomfortable. I am. Too soon to even think.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #47,044 of 101,459
agree that it might be too soon for that but if the special editions money were to 100% go to covid-19 charity then I would like to see it. If not then maybe wait a few month or even a year for this entire situation to calm down and more people might be able to get it.

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #47,045 of 101,459
Not sure about how he would feel. He was not into Shozy and I don't think he would want to cause people to be spending money.

I think he would be uncomfortable. I am. Too soon to even think.
This needs to be carefully and sensibly discussed with all parties once it has more matured. You will have the final word on this.

If a considerable part of the proceeds went into covid-19 or cancer research, he would probably agree.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #47,046 of 101,459
This needs to be carefully and sensibly discussed with all parties once it has more matured. You will have the final word on this.

If a considerable part of the proceeds went into covid-19 or cancer research, he would probably agree.
Can't think clearly now or for a long time. I am completely broken and trying to get over the virus myself. My brain is trying to force this to not be true. You are making it too real too quickly. Tom knew I could not handle any pressure or fast decisions. Seems like plan that could have waited to even be brought up.

HungryPanda buds are the one he made and were never for sale. Look at our lists. There were many.

All my HungryPanda buds are listed together at the bottom of my list. He kept his listed in the order he created them.

In the end it was always the music. It is how we met. Music not gear. This kind of happened by accident. He always was more excited about a new album than a new piece of gear. He could listen equally happily with a $4 earbud as a $1000 headphone. He never wanted anyone to feel like they had to spend much to enjoy music. He hoped that people were enjoying music and not just obsessing over gear.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #47,048 of 101,459
Can't think clearly now or for a long time. I am completely broken and trying to get over the virus myself. My brain is trying to force this to not be true. You are making it too real too quickly. Tom knew I could not handle any pressure or fast decisions. Seems like plan that could have waited to even be brought up.

HungryPanda buds are the one he made and were never for sale. Look at our lists. There were many.

All my HungryPanda buds are listed together at the bottom of my list. He kept his listed in the order he created them.

In the end it was always the music. It is how we met. Music not gear. This kind of happened by accident. He always was more excited about a new album than a new piece of gear. He could listen equally happily with a $4 earbud as a $1000 headphone. He never wanted anyone to feel like they had to spend much to enjoy music. He hoped that people were enjoying music and not just obsessing over gear.
I've been dormant for awhile, but I just heard the sad news and wanted to extend my deepest sympathies to mb and to the rest of the community, hungrypanda was a genuinely great person--generous and wise--and he'll be sorely missed.

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #47,049 of 101,459
First and foremost, my deepest condolences to you about HungryPanda. I'm sure anyone who ever read a post of his KNEW how kind and thoughtful he was. He definitely loved music! And 2nd, please do your best to get better! Fight the good fight, and I KNOW I'm not alone in keeping you in our prayers tonight.

Apr 21, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #47,051 of 101,459
I just saw the jaw-dropping and shocking post about the passing of Hungry Panda. He was a happy, fun, upbeat person who only added to the community, never had a discouraging word or insult. His vast collection of gear was a database he happily shared his impressions about, never keeping information to himself, always trying to elevate the discussion, the knowledge, the information, the fellowship. He was about the music, but also the enjoyment of it, and the enjoyment of people. I never met the man, but yes, I gleaned all this from his body of work and his writings. While I/we are only experiencing a tiny fraction of the loss of what @mbwilson111 is going through, his loss is felt and he is and will be deeply missed. My condolences.

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #47,052 of 101,459
My deepest condolences to @mbwilson111 Mr. Panda was one of the guys whose impressions I valued much. Stay strong and I wish you a speedy recovery. May his soul rest in peace. Was dormant for a while so my sincere apologies for the delay.

Apr 23, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #47,054 of 101,459
tested my friend chifi iem
Mofasest m14
Excellent sound: punchy bass, neutral with very clear details, forward.
image0.jpgimage2.jpggraph.png
Is this Legacy 9 with DIP switches? :xf_eek:
Where can I find more info about this m14 pls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back