The discovery thread!
Dec 4, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #45,586 of 101,534
Dec 4, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #45,587 of 101,534
Chinese faking Chinese. Now that is something. Kinda makes sense though. It seems when something is selling off the shelf. Someone is gonna copy it and try to make a profit off of it. Chinese copy everything.
Case in point. Lol
They sell the original iPodd Nanno, the iFone, and the Macbok Aer.

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #45,588 of 101,534
Screenshot_20191204-194136.png

Are these lucky bags good? What is usually included?

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #45,590 of 101,534
Dec 4, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #45,591 of 101,534
Ya to be honest. Surprise bags are kind of a surprise in that they are mediocre at best. I don't even recall what I got for last years surprise bag. Lol.
I think your general purchaser feels the same as I don't see the 100s of folks going for them now.

It is like spinning the wheel at your local Mcdonalds. Only to get a free serving of small fries.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #45,593 of 101,534
Thought I'd share this just because my phone is an ahole to me. I didn't realize it would try to stage an intervention though...

THIS showed up on my Google feed, unsolicited.

"Battling Hi-Fi Addiction" with Andrew Robinson

What are your trying to tell me Google? I haven't and will not watch the video.... *Hits show less like this, continues living in denial*

:o2smile:

Dec 4, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #45,594 of 101,534
It has precision that is unheard of at the price range. My comparison for the price point would be my IT0s and if I was to choose right now I would pick the H40 easily. The IT01S my friends is no joke either.

A bit of NTS hype there D's with the "unheard at the price".:wink: Hear of the Tape? That is quite a bit cheaper as well. There are a few others and some we aren't even familiar with. The minority but there are indeed several below $200. Wonder if the Ety ER3SE are on the list as well being in the price range just not sure how precise they are. :)

Though it is good that you get the old and new version for the $195 you pay for the H40. I bet the Tape stock cable would bring the old H40 more like the new one since it is cool and brighter airy sounding and pushing the clarity and detail(actually a bit much for the Tape for our Western taste lol).

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #45,595 of 101,534

Are these lucky bags good? What is usually included?
I usually get something I already have :)

Ya to be honest. Surprise bags are kind of a surprise in that they are mediocre at best. I don't even recall what I got for last years surprise bag. Lol.
I think your general purchaser feels the same as I don't see the 100s of folks going for them now.

It is like spinning the wheel at your local Mcdonalds. Only to get a free serving of small fries.

Actually the BLON BL-03 first came in a lucky bag a few months back before it was hyped to the moon. I realized there are 2 kinds of lucky bags on AE. One type is to get rid of their old stock of gear that is no more in production, and the other is to introduce new products in lucky bags eg KB Knight, BLON BL-03, NiceHCK earbuds etc. From their store page they will say whether it is a new product or old stock.

Though, I guess if u already own a whole pokemon collection of CHIFI ("GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL") like @HungryPanda , there's gonna be a big chance to get something that you already have.
But maybe it's worth taking a punt on the new release type lucky bags, I remember the BLON and KB knight were a few dollars cheaper in the lucky bag then when after they were "revealed".

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #45,596 of 101,534
Actually the BLON BL-03 first came in a lucky bag a few months back before it was hyped to the moon. I realized there are 2 kinds of lucky bags on AE. One type is to get rid of their old stock of gear that is no more in production, and the other is to introduce new products in lucky bags eg KB Knight, BLON BL-03, NiceHCK earbuds etc. From their store page they will say whether it is a new product or old stock.

Though, I guess if u already own a whole pokemon collection of CHIFI ("GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL") like @HungryPanda , there's gonna be a big chance to get something that you already have.
But maybe it's worth taking a punt on the new release type lucky bags, I remember the BLON and KB knight were a few dollars cheaper in the lucky bag then when after they were "revealed".

Yup, that’s how I got my 1st Blon BL-03. And the EP10.

Dec 4, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #45,598 of 101,534
A bit of NTS hype there D's with the "unheard at the price".:wink: Hear of the Tape? That is quite a bit cheaper as well. There are a few others and some we aren't even familiar with. The minority but there are indeed several below $200. Wonder if the Ety ER3SE are on the list as well being in the price range just not sure how precise they are. :)

Though it is good that you get the old and new version for the $195 you pay for the H40. I bet the Tape stock cable would bring the old H40 more like the new one since it is cool and brighter airy sounding and pushing the clarity and detail(actually a bit much for the Tape for our Western taste lol).

I took another listen to the older H40 today and I cant put my finger on it. For the most part it sounds OK but something is off on it. I aint gonna complain. Bass tuning is a bit off and the treble sounds different today. Some tunes sounds great on it some sounds a bit off.

Would be cool if a simple cable change would make it sound as good as the retail version but they retuned it for a reason. I remember listening to it on open listen. Bass was flabby sounding. Not tight and punchy like the retail version. Bass sounds better today but it almost sound like the bass was detuned.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #45,599 of 101,534
@audio123 do you have pictures of the h40 and T800 side by side?
I don't have the T800 on hand atm.

I took another listen to the older H40 today and I cant put my finger on it. For the most part it sounds OK but something is off on it. I aint gonna complain. Bass tuning is a bit off and the treble sounds different today. Some tunes sounds great on it some sounds a bit off.

Would be cool if a simple cable change would make it sound as good as the retail version but they retuned it for a reason. I remember listening to it on open listen. Bass was flabby sounding. Not tight and punchy like the retail version. Bass sounds better today but it almost sound like the bass was detuned.
The new H40 is just superior to the old version. Really great to see that ISN understood the old version is not up to standard and decided to retune. This shows that they know their stuffs well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back