1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ISN H40 impression thread.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Dsnuts Contributor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Model: H40
    Shell material: resin
    Configuration: Balanced Armature & Dynamic Hybrid
    Ergonomic wearing design
    Dynamic driver : 9.2mm
    3 Balanced Armature: Custom 1 BA for middle Frequency + composite 2BA for high frequency
    Impedance : 22 Ω @1khz
    Sensitivity : 105 ± 3dB @1khz
    Frequency response : 20-20kHz
    Connector: MMCX
    Plug: 3.5mm
    Cable length: 1.2M
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  2. Dsnuts Contributor
    [​IMG]

Recently got these. I felt these deserve its own thread. It will only be a matter of time before people start catching onto these. These my friends are special. Currently being sold on Penon audio web site. I will post links later but just know. These are substantial in the sub $200 price realm of earphonedom. Sound just don't get much better for the asking price. So let it start. I will post more impressions of them as I am getting to know the sound better.

So for early buyers for the H40. ISN will include their first edition of the ISN H40. Story goes they weren't happy with the final results of them so they re tuned the now retail version. The left over stock of the original H40 in limited supply will be given out for free when you purchase a H40. So that means you will get 2 of these. Don't knock the free bee. They are actually pretty good. The final H40 however. I feel is substantial.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    davidmolliere likes this.
  3. Dsnuts Contributor
    Initial impressions. These have a high end tuning on them meaning they have the goods on all of it. The sound balancing is excellent. Wider stage for in ear monitors. Fantastic airy mids. Extended detailed sparkly treble. Deep reaching low end rumble with excellent impact. The all resin shell blocks out a good amount of ambient noise. Comes with a fantastic SPC ISN S8 cable.

They aren't gonna win any awards for packaging, the pic above is basically what you get. A zip up rectangular case with all the tips and H40 inside. You do get an extra earphone and a larger pouch which the "Retired" version comes in and that is it. No fancy box. No crazy graphic with marketing lofty language. But you know what, when they sound this good. Who cares. lol. So let it begin.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  4. battosai
    My set is on the way I will compare it with my other ~$200 IEMs like my DM6 and my IT01s. The fact that they come with the isn S8 cable already is great as it is my cable of choice for my DM6. They have an impedance of 22ohm so I can use it with my hiby R6. Excited!

Dsnuts likes this.
  5. Dsnuts Contributor
    Ya I can hype these up all day long. Lol and not feel ashamed of my hyping. Just be ready. your gonna be surprised as I was. I was expecting a decent sound but nothing got me ready for just how good. I take it your getting the Retired version as well?

Gotta get em while they are available. Might be a collector item some day. Lol.

6. Dsnuts Contributor
    So I found out. If you order from the Aliexpress shop and not the Penon site. There isnt an option for the "retired" version but you do get a $5 discount from aliexpress and you can choose balanced cables on the H40.

7. MRobi
  8. Dsnuts Contributor
    Good point I will ask Penon rep. There might have been some residual marketing and specs from the previous H40 version. Looks like the ISN web site might be the official version. Will confirm from Penon.

9. battosai
    I have chosen balanced cable on the penon website... Aliexpress charges taxes for me in California, Penon doesn't...

Dsnuts likes this.
  10. Dsnuts Contributor
    Ya I forgot to put that Aliexpress now charges Tax on orders from the US. You all can thank Trump for that one. Other parts of the world seems to not have any taxes.

Carlsan likes this.
  11. expatriot
    Just received mine yesterday, and that fast has become my daily driver. First of all, most complaints about hybrids is the cohesion problems and this iem has no problems in this regard. Speaking of problems, this iem has none. Sub bass is good, mid bass is good with no bleed into mids, mids are great, not forward and not back, but just right for female and male singers, and finally the treble is excellent, with no sibalance or harshness. I find it very tip dependant though (YMMV), I ended up using the included very small double flange or my spinfits. I actually prefer the little double flange tips. I find the H40's fit to be moderately deep and very comfortable. The H40 is made of resin with a metal nozzle. I am not a professional reviewer, these are just my initial impressions. If anyone has any questions, just shoot me a message.

Dsnuts likes this.
  12. noknok23
    Saw on another forum, some complaining about driver flex when using aftermarkets tips. Anyone experienced this issue? They do look amazing otherwise...

13. expatriot
    I get some driver flex sometimes upon inserting into my ears, but it's with supplied tips as well as after market tips. I get it if I push at a certain location (I think). I'll have to pay closer attention to it and report back.

14. Dsnuts Contributor
    I am using some faom tips with mine and I get no flex at all. There is a vent on the back end of the shell for venting.

15. mochill
    I'll join group to see how things turns out

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last