The discovery thread!
Dec 3, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #45,556 of 100,045
Got my Final E500's in last night and left them burning in overnight. Out of the box, the mids seemed a little forward with a little more recessed bass. Compared to my Blon BL03's, the sound is much more balanced and pleasant. Compared to my modded MH755 or MH750, the highs seem a little more veiled without the clarity. If I could put it one way, listening to a live album, the E500's sound like a good recording, the MH755's sound like I'm there in the auditorium. Also, the E500's need a bit more power than the MH755's. For the same volume, I need to set my LG V30 to 45 to match the MH755's at 35.

It is supposed to be the other way around according to the marketing, lol. The E500 is supposed to be more like being there. Actually I am on board with what Final is doing with this binaural emulation or what have you and it seems to be done really well on 8000. Of course I was not on board for that price nor was I going for the $20 model either that I thought might be okay but not really work the magic. I figure they will have an in between model where the "lifelike" effect it closer to the 8000. Had doubt about getting the effect in that housing. Always helps to have better space and direction in the bigger housings or a more open design. The E500 still needs to go up against the Nismo Jr. which was favorite to get the job done but is a whole lot larger.

Hope it may improve with more run in but after a night don't think it will change much more as to make a big difference.

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #45,558 of 100,045
So I received my TFZ King Edition, TFZ 2019 My Love Edition and TRN BA5 IEMs earlier today and I'll need to spend some good time with them before I share my final opinions of them, but I'll give a few initial impressions.

I can safely say the TFZ King Edition is likely going to be competing with the BQEYZ Spring 1 as my best sounding set so far. The bass is impressive. It's defined, well textured and responsive. Mids so far appear surprisingly clear, well bodied and uncongested. Highs are very detailed, crisp and seem well extended. They might be a little too intense for those sensitive to treble, but I'm using the stock tips and I need to listen more to say for sure.

With the little time I've used the TRN BA5 so far I definitely have missed the sub bass rumble I'm accustomed to in my music. Otherwise they sound very good. Lots of detail, great tuning. I'm not sure I like it more than the V90, though.

As far as the 2019 My Love Edition is concerned, it's the one I've listened to the least, but first impressions are positive. It seems to sound similarly good as the T2 Galaxy, which is one of my favorites. Curiously enough, it put my LG V40 into high impedance mode. It's surprising because both the T2 Galaxy and King Edition are very easy to drive.

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #45,559 of 100,045
I can safely say the TFZ King Edition is likely going to be competing with the BQEYZ Spring 1 as my best sounding set so far. The bass is impressive. It's defined, well textured and responsive. Mids so far appear surprisingly clear, well bodied and uncongested. Highs are very detailed, crisp and seem well extended. They might be a little too intense for those sensitive to treble, but I'm using the stock tips and I need to listen more to say for sure.

Tfz sure knows how to tune an addictive bass, Tfz king pro's bass is among the most addictive things I ever heard

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #45,560 of 100,045
Loving this combination so far :beyersmile:
20191204_083036.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #45,561 of 100,045
DSC06786.JPG ISN H40 in the house. I gotta say this is interesting.
Statement from ISN developers

ISN AUDIO announcement:

Due to we are dissatisfied with the sound and crafts of the 1st batch of H40, we hold it back. Now that the newly adjusted H40 has been born, we will send it to customers who have purchased the retired H40 for free. Currently retired H40 still has inventory, so now anyone who buy H40 will get 1 free retired H40, thank you for your support!

So what I got here is not only one H40 but the one with the brown cable is ISN H40 retired edition. So the retired edition is not bad in fact I was thinking It sounded like a decent $200 earphone.

Then I started listening to the new improved H40... These don't sound like a $200 earphone. They are on the level of one of my favorite iems the IBasso IT04. Similar dynamics, Similar detail, Great extension on both ends. Great mids with imaging that pops. I am willing to bet if someone that owns the IT04 heard the H40. They probably wont be able to figure out which one has the higher end SQ. Lol. This is insane level of a value on the H40. ISN from out of nowhere comes out with this. I know about their cables but I had no idea these guys were masters of the craft of tuning. So what that previous statement was. If you guys are interested in these. You can click on an option to get a free RETIRED version with your order. Meaning you can get 2 versions of the earphones for the cost of a single H40.

Are the Retired version rejects? I wouldn't say so. The H40 on the other hand. WOW. Yet another very capable tuner now on the scene.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #45,562 of 100,045
ISN H40 in the house. I gotta say this is interesting.
Statement from ISN developers

ISN AUDIO announcement:

Due to we are dissatisfied with the sound and crafts of the 1st batch of H40, we hold it back. Now that the newly adjusted H40 has been born, we will send it to customers who have purchased the retired H40 for free. Currently retired H40 still has inventory, so now anyone who buy H40 will get 1 free retired H40, thank you for your support!

So what I got here is not only one H40 but the one with the brown cable is ISN H40 retired edition. So the retired edition is not bad in fact I was thinking It sounded like a decent $200 earphone.

Then I started listening to the new improved H40... These don't sound like a $200 earphone. They are on the level of one of my favorite iems the IBasso IT04. Similar dynamics, Similar detail, Great extension on both ends. Great mids with imaging that pops. I am willing to bet if someone that owns the IT04 heard the H40. They probably wont be able to figure out which one has the higher end SQ. Lol. This is insane level of a value on the H40. ISN from out of nowhere comes out with this. I know about their cables but I had no idea these guys were masters of the craft of tuning. So what that previous statement was. If you guys are interested in these. You can click on an option to get a free RETIRED version with your order. Meaning you can get 2 versions of the earphones for the cost of a single H40.

Are the Retired version rejects? I wouldn't say so. The H40 on the other hand. WOW. Yet another very capable tuner now on the scene.

What was the issue with the retired versions?

How does the new H40 compare to other hybrids like say the NX7 Pro/vanilla version?

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #45,563 of 100,045
Out of the box. The ISN H40 is playing on a different level. It is seriously mid fi level and not lower tier either. It is a $195 earphone playing on the level of the big guys.. I am willing to put this earphone right up against my IT04 in SQ. That is a $500 earphone. I wish I had the FH7 with me as I bet this will be pushing against those in sonics as well. I know the sonics of my IT04 vey well and to hear a similar level in sonic quality to those. .OUT OF THE BOX??

I am left completely speechless on this one. As much as I thought the NX7 pros were pushing value. This one has the stage to go along with the precision. SQ is exquisite for the price. I can't explain it any other way. Bass has excellent rumble. Excellent RUMBLE. And this is where I feel they made the most improvement from the free version. Has the wider stage too somehow.

Free version I can tell the bass dynamic is not as good as the one on the retail version. The sound is more precise on the retail version. I will have more to say but I have to actually burn these in. Lol.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #45,564 of 100,045
Out of the box. The ISN H40 is playing on a different level. It is seriously mid fi level and not lower tier either. It is a $195 earphone playing on the level of the big guys.. I am willing to put this earphone right up against my IT04 in SQ. That is a $500 earphone. I wish I had the FH7 with me as I bet this will be pushing against those in sonics as well. I know the sonics of my IT04 vey well and to hear a similar level in sonic quality to those. .OUT OF THE BOX??

I am left completely speechless on this one. As much as I thought the NX7 pros were pushing value. This one has the stage to go along with the precision. SQ is exquisite for the price. I can't explain it any other way. Bass has excellent rumble. Excellent RUMBLE. And this is where I feel they made the most improvement from the free version.

Free version I can tell the bass dynamic is not as good as the one on the retail version. The sound is more precise too on the retail version. I will have more to say but I have to actually burn these in. Lol.

I see that the LZ A6 is currently on sale for $225.
Have you heard them?
How would you compare the H40?

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #45,565 of 100,045
I think @audio123 might be able to answer that one. Guy has every earphone ever made. Lol.

Dont know how good the A6 is but I was not expecting the H40 to sound this good. I have had my share of nicer mid fi stuff and I can put this SQ with anything I own.

Just a thought. The Retired version would make for an excellent gift for a significant other or a friend. It will arguably be the better looking of the two as it has clear Resin sell showing the insides which is always cool looking. The Retail version is Onyx black. They will have no idea that it is a "Retired" Version. I threw on the retired version and ya they dont sound as precise. The mids sound slightly hollow the bass dont have the same quality as the Retail. But for a non knowing person. These will sound better than anything they have put in there ears. Lol. This retired version has roughly 90% of the tuning that is on the retail version. They actually sound pretty good. Nothing like a buy one get one free deal.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #45,566 of 100,045
OK, so I received the BLON W20 and it is a FAKE Chinese DIY. It has no relation to BLON. :astonished: It was only bubble-wrapped with no box or any other packaging. Plus, No ear tips were included, only the default ear tips. After listening to them, the sound was better than average and bright. The style and look is pretty good and comfortable and was also better than average. But, after chatting with someone from the store in taobao and getting confirmation from a private BLON affiliate by way of email, I can confirm that they are fake BLON's. ...Bummer!

Well, now I can confirm that we need to be careful of fake BLON's! :point_left::spy:

-Clear :persevere:

Attachments

• O1CN01DLLeEB1dKt8LsWyxv_!!0-item_pic.jpg
    O1CN01DLLeEB1dKt8LsWyxv_!!0-item_pic.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #45,567 of 100,045
OK, so I received the BLON W20 and it is a FAKE Chinese DIY. It has no relation to BLON. :astonished: It was only bubble-wrapped with no box or any other packaging. Plus, No ear tips were included, only the default ear tips. After listening to them, the sound was better than average and bright. The style and look is pretty good and comfortable and was also better than average. But, after chatting with someone from the store in taobao and getting confirmation from @Lores by way of email, I can confirm that they are fake BLON's. ...Bummer!

Well, now I can confirm that we need to be careful of fake BLON's! :point_left::spy:

-Clear :persevere:

What a scam! Thanks for the headsup.
They took the OPPOTY to trick you into BELIEFing that their set was legit. LET THE FAKE BLON BURN!!!

PRO TIP: The only way to tell if a BLON is legit: BLON products will have some mantra about burning music or never giving up or something like that on their box/packaging.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #45,569 of 100,045
all these new earphones coming out every day, and still my NX7 originals are so damned good i have no desire to get any of these shiny new audio gems. seriously, the NX7's are on the same playing field as my Senn's and my JVC's,my Moondrop's and my Sony's. They are better than my TF10's and T3's, so it's hard to read these reviews and think these others are going to top the details, bass quality, comfort/fit, and resolution. i might jump on something after the new year, but as for right now, cheers to the NX7 for living up to the hype and performance.

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #45,570 of 100,045
Chinese faking Chinese. Now that is something. Kinda makes sense though. It seems when something is selling off the shelf. Someone is gonna copy it and try to make a profit off of it. Chinese copy everything.
Case in point. Lol
It's called inspiration and not copying in China :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back