The discovery thread!
Dec 5, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #45,616 of 100,871
Thanks! I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's a worthwhile upgrade from the KXXS. I'm leaning towards the T800 but I'm not convinced about an all BA set up
It really depends on your personal preference. I foresee you owning all of them at some point :p

Dec 5, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #45,617 of 100,871
It really depends on your personal preference. I foresee you owning all of them at some point :p

I like my KXXS but I feel like it lacks detail retrieval and I'm no where near happy with the bass. I've found the right tips that take out some of the bloated bass but I'm looking for more slam and accuracy.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #45,618 of 100,871
My take on the Dunu Titan 6. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-12-05_21-56-49.jpg

I like my KXXS but I feel like it lacks detail retrieval and I'm no where near happy with the bass. I've found the right tips that take out some of the bloated bass but I'm looking for more slam and accuracy.
I think the ISN H40 is what you are looking for.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #45,621 of 100,871
I've had the chance to spend a little more time listening to the TFZ King Edition and to compare it to some of my other IEMs. I prefer to have the switches in the "on" position, which results in a less V shaped presentation with less bass, more forward mids and somewhat tamed highs.

Comparing the King Edition to the BQEYZ Spring 1 I found that the latter still sounds better to me. Detail, separation, imaging and soundstage are all superior in the Spring 1. I also just prefer the overall tuning of the Spring 1 over the King Edition.

In comparison to any of my other single dynamic driver IEMs the King Edition definitely offers better technical performance in most areas. More resolution, less prone to congestion, better transients with fast attack and the right amount of decay, improved instrument separation, etc. That DLC diaphragm it has definitely seems to make a difference. However, the soundstage is fairly average and, again, its signature is a little too V shaped for my tastes.

So, in technical terms I would rank it ahead of any of my other single dynamic driver IEMs, but I still prefer the tuning of the T2 Galaxy and BLON BL-03.

I should be receiving my TIN HiFi T4 later today, so I'm looking forward to see how that compares.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #45,622 of 100,871
Hope that isnt a Pizen Faaeal!

haha

I've never heard of Pizen. I'm sure someone else is making it, and Pizen is engraving their name on it. Especially since the one with the fixed cable has no logo at all.

In any case, I have no clue if it's any good. Maybe someone will be willing to give it a try and let us know?

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #45,623 of 100,871
I've had the chance to spend a little more time listening to the TFZ King Edition and to compare it to some of my other IEMs. I prefer to have the switches in the "on" position, which results in a less V shaped presentation with less bass, more forward mids and somewhat tamed highs.

Comparing the King Edition to the BQEYZ Spring 1 I found that the latter still sounds better to me. Detail, separation, imaging and soundstage are all superior in the Spring 1. I also just prefer the overall tuning of the Spring 1 over the King Edition.

In comparison to any of my other single dynamic driver IEMs the King Edition definitely offers better technical performance in most areas. More resolution, less prone to congestion, better transients with fast attack and the right amount of decay, improved instrument separation, etc. That DLC diaphragm it has definitely seems to make a difference. However, the soundstage is fairly average and, again, its signature is a little too V shaped for my tastes.

So, in technical terms I would rank it ahead of any of my other single dynamic driver IEMs, but I still prefer the tuning of the T2 Galaxy and BLON BL-03.

I should be receiving my TIN HiFi T4 later today, so I'm looking forward to see how that compares.
I like King Edition (ON mode) too. Clean, detailed and technical.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #45,624 of 100,871
haha

I've never heard of Pizen. I'm sure someone else is making it, and Pizen is engraving their name on it. Especially since the one with the fixed cable has no logo at all.

In any case, I have no clue if it's any good. Maybe someone will be willing to give it a try and let us know?
I thought it was a beer!

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #45,625 of 100,871
haha

My current favorite earphone for sleeping, is the Pizen PianoTrio (Dual Dynamic) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32825090018.html
It's not quite as comfortable in my ears as the Tennmak Pro, but the PianoTrio has better Low Bass and less of a Mid-Bass hump, so I prefer the sound of the Pizen.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #45,626 of 100,871
Shuoer tape is a good upgrade then.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #45,627 of 100,871
Shuoer tape is a good upgrade then.

I would happily pull the trigger on a Tape but not with all the QC issues. I live in CR and it takes about 3 months to arrive and I can't take the chance. Maybe I'll wait for the next version to come out.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #45,628 of 100,871
Back on the topic of DLC, I think I've finally come to have a solid opinion on the FAAEAL Hibiscus.
I have the clear version and no QC issues I can see. Because it's clear it's hard to see if I have the "ridge" that others have. it may be there it may not, if it is, it's basically clear.... I do feel a little something running my finger over that area.

Anyway, they're like a pair of binoculars to me. That is too say I believe it is a very capable driver when given the attention they need, but out of the box is not tuned well for my tastes nor anyone I know they're tastes well enough to recommend pairs to. My big problem is sounding out of focus, like they're out of phase even though I've tested many times.

Without EQ and mseb it's a real stinker, but it cleans up nicely when you control the upper mids and move the vocals to the right spot. I've tested a bunch of times and mine ARE in phase. They sound like they're out of phase to me out of the box...

Long story short, don't buy them if you don't plan on using EQ or DSP, but if you don't mind, you can get quite a bit out of them and get an interesting feel of a DLC driver.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #45,629 of 100,871
Back on the topic of DLC, I think I've finally come to have a solid opinion on the FAAEAL Hibiscus.
I have the clear version and no QC issues I can see. Because it's clear it's hard to see if I have the "ridge" that others have. it may be there it may not, if it is, it's basically clear.... I do feel a little something running my finger over that area.

Anyway, they're like a pair of binoculars to me. That is too say I believe it is a very capable driver when given the attention they need, but out of the box is not tuned well for my tastes nor anyone I know they're tastes well enough to recommend pairs to. My big problem is sounding out of focus, like they're out of phase even though I've tested many times.

Without EQ and mseb it's a real stinker, but it cleans up nicely when you control the upper mids and move the vocals to the right spot. I've tested a bunch of times and mine ARE in phase. They sound like they're out of phase to me out of the box...

Long story short, don't buy them if you don't plan on using EQ or DSP, but if you don't mind, you can get quite a bit out of them and get an interesting feel of a DLC driver.

Stabbing, that was Bad Guy opinion, it sure is strong and the graph can tell you the same

unnamed.jpg

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #45,630 of 100,871

So it sounds like a case of slapping a driver in a shell and doing no tuning, which happens a lot.

When you do all that tweaking with your EQ and making it sound great, you are doing all of the tuning for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back