The discovery thread!
Nov 26, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #45,271 of 101,060
My 1st 11/11 sale item arrived yesterday - The Guideray GRi 18 1xDD / 1x BA from Linsoul
Out of the box, I have to say what a lovely sounding IEM. Just delightful. I remembered the quote from the French guy in the film The Matrix - "its like wiping your arse with silk"
Ahem...sort of the impression of what I was hearing.
They give a little bit of everything - clarity, silky smoothness, nice mids vocals, separation, details, bass, sub bass. Nothing particularly dominates. They are superb for the 'relaxing Audiophile' with just enough of the afore mentioned qualities to keep the Audiophiles ears interested and enough musicality for the music lover
Listening to them is like picking up and cuddling a kitten...I wouldn't normally use the word 'delightful' but I think it suits them well.
They are just lovely. Ive listened to a lot of IEM's of late and these are the friendliest - like slipping into your bath after a long day at work...just Ahhhh....lovely (sonically speaking) :)

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #45,272 of 101,060
My 1st 11/11 sale item arrived yesterday - The Guideray GRi 18 1xDD / 1x BA from Linsoul
Out of the box, I have to say what a lovely sounding IEM. Just delightful. I remembered the quote from the French guy in the film The Matrix - "its like wiping your arse with silk"
They give a little bit of everything - clarity, silky smoothness, nice mids vocals, separation, details, bass, sub bass. Nothing particularly dominates. They are superb for the 'relaxing Audiophile' with just enough of the afore mentioned qualities to keep the Audiophiles ears interested and enough musicality for the music lover
Listening to them is like picking up and cuddling a kitten...I wouldn't normally use the word 'delightful' but I think it suits them well.
They are just lovely. Ive listened to a lot of IEM's of late and these are the friendliest - like slipping into your bath after a long day at work...just Ahhhh....lovely (sonically speaking) :)

STOP IT! All of those words were aimed at me... I know it!

...off to read something bad about them

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #45,273 of 101,060

Don’t a lot of people say the GR treble is harsh and sibilant?

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #45,274 of 101,060
Don't know that my Spinfit Cp240 come very handy for my av1s, they sound even more amazing than before :flushed:

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #45,275 of 101,060

That was what I heard and crossed them off my list. Then jon says all that...

edit... and of course they are purple

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #45,276 of 101,060

Exactly. The majority of people seemed to say they were harsh and sibilant, so I crossed them off my list a while ago as well.

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #45,277 of 101,060

I read some reviews that painted them as not very good - baffles me tbh
ZERO sibilance or harshness for me - quite the opposite ??
OOTB they were silky smooth - I havent gone through all my testing files yet . . .
I think for those with a more discerning ear they may detect that the Guideray's are a bit 3D'ish and a little colourful so they sort of emulate qualities that much better IEMs have
In other words new people will love them but those of us long term lunatics may detect that they are not perfect but... for the price and for going for walks etc they are wonderful...sorry :)

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #45,278 of 101,060

edit... and of course they are purple

I errrmm sorry to disappoint again but purple they are not :wink:

oh and, hmmm, sorry but LOOK at that loverly Single Crystal copper silver plated cable...my precioussss

guide.JPG

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #45,279 of 101,060
I errrmm sorry to disappoint again but purple they are not :wink:

oh and, hmmm, sorry but LOOK at that loverly Single Crystal copper silver plated cable...my precioussss

Mine will be purple if I get them!

H91afb3cf7d1a41ed9092d631436e350c4.jpg

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #45,282 of 101,060
Hey, Otto! Thanks a lot for your constant contributions and heaps of good info. You've posted FR for Elf King recently. Is it the same as TRIDENT DIAMOND?
No! The Elf King is a 2+2 and presently on hold.

Elf King II by Otto, Diamond by KopiOkaya.
Elf King II.jpg
2 Betas.png

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #45,283 of 101,060
Nov 26, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #45,285 of 101,060
IMR R series are mediocre for me, same as Fiio FH7 - you have filters and you can choose between harsh or dry sounding. GuideRas are smoother then those two for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back