1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Podster
    Well I for one sure wish CA would stop copying KZ:hushed: LOL Every time I hit the home page and see that IO ad I immediately think KZ released a red ZS7 with a black nozzle:rolling_eyes: Of course Pod's just joking and had I bought any CA at 10 times or more than the KZ's I would not find it too funny either:thinking:

2. tgx78
    F4E9612B-A716-42A1-90CE-AA77B4C209C5.jpeg
    KZ is the one blatantly copied CA design with ZS5 lol

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  3. B9Scrambler
    We know. He was joking. That horse was already beaten to death, stripped of any useful parts, and buried in the backyard to be unearthed when the area is flagged for a new housing complex.

4. Slater
    It’s just a private label (aka rebrand, aka ODM), not a sub brand. KB Ear has a new one too, and they are very blatant that it’s nothing more than a rebranded KZ.

In other words, anyone can pay KZ to put your name and logo on a KZ IEM/packaging. You just have to buy a minimum number of units (like 1,000), plus pay retooling fees for things like logo printing, box printing, etc).

Companies all over the world do it all the time, ranging from headphones to toasters to canned soup to cars.

NiceHCK does not make their own cables. They pay someone to do it for them, and just put the NiceHCK logo on.

courierdriver and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  5. Podster
    It's OK, I understand TG's sensitivity with two CA's in inventory:rolling_eyes:

Rhino73, HungryPanda and B9Scrambler like this.
  6. macky112
    Hi all,

I noticed something strange in my ZS7’s right housing. When I tilt my head to the right, there is a very faint tapping noise. Does it mean something came loose in there? And is this something I can fix? TIA!

7. Crandall
    You can open the ZS7 with a Torx T4(I think, maybe T5), and check it out. They're likely held in place with hot glue either to the aluminum casing, or a 3d printed plastic guide. Be careful though since(if I recall correctly) you might accidentally shift the positioning of the BA near the nozzle.

8. gourab1995
    There is no ba near/in the the nozzle portion of the zs7, unlike zs5, zs6. Maybe the reason they sound warm. All of the drivers are inside the shell portion itself.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  9. LaughMoreDaily
    It sounds like that ear has a finger inside tapping to the music.

10. macky112
    Haha, that’s a good one

The noise is not as bad as driver flex, but it is noticeable and distracting, and I think it’s gotten worse, now bigger head motion would cause that noise, that’s why I ask

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  11. katatonicone1
    Another new happy owner of ZS10 PRO here. This is scary good for this money. Sound signature is lovely.

12. Dani157
    The only KZ I'd buy now is ZS10 Pro. After tons of positive impressions, it seems a genuine differential in the KZ/CCA lineup. An expected drop in price during 11.11 sale will be very tempting. For now I've dabbled into $3 DIY Tennmak Pro knockoffs. Excitedly waiting for them to arrive. If they should sound half as decent I'd probably have a winner for my use and throw gym earphones.

SoundChoice and Slater like this.
  13. HungryPanda
  14. Slater
    Thanks a lot!

I made those for my little brother for his birthday, which was a few days ago. He’s in the Army and always moving around, and I usually only see him every few years at best. So I wanted to give him something special and handmade, so he can remember me every time he uses them.

As you know from your wife’s Idun, abalone doesn’t photograph that well. It’s multitudes of colors and 3D effect looks sooooo much better in person than in photos.

I also coated the abalone backs in a thick layer of glossy UV-cured lacquer, using the same method many IEM manufacturers use. It made the color and visual effect stand out even more :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019