The discovery thread!
Sep 18, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #43,876 of 100,755
I've had them a couple of weeks and they're great. Thrown every difficult track I have at them, and they've all been enjoyable. Co-axial driver alignment probably helps, as well as some excellent tuning by BQEYZ. Fit and finish is very good too.
can you share some comparisons with other IEMs in that price bracket?

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #43,877 of 100,755
can you share some comparisons with other IEMs in that price bracket?

I don't have any multi-driver earphones at that price point to directly compare to, but I can talk about a couple of single driver around that price. The TFZ Exclusive King Updated (MSRP $109, 12mm double magnetic circuit graphene driver) has an unmatched performance with sub-bass impact, mids are good but a bit uneven and while the highs have great extension, they can sound a little bright with some tracks. Spring 1 has a more balanced midrange and delivers detail and nuances in the highs that don't sound harsh to my ear. With the Moondrop Kanas Pro (MSRP $179, 10mm DLC dynamic driver) it's a bit of a toss up for me, but the physical weight of the KP housing is higher and that leads to a mild discomfort for me during extended listening. Spring 1 is lighter and an easier fit in my ear, which makes long listening no problem. Spring 1 also has a smaller external diameter on the nozzle so it can fit a broader range of eartips.

Sep 18, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #43,878 of 100,755
With the Moondrop Kanas Pro (MSRP $179, 10mm DLC dynamic driver) it's a bit of a toss up for me...
Ok. Thanks for that early useful insight!
Since I have no problem with KPE fit&weight, then I`m happy with it.
Unless you brake it down to more detailed comparison in SQ only that gives noticeable upgrade over KPE.
Otherwise, next upgrade candidates would be updated Oxygen or JVC HA-FDX1 but I doubt i`m willing to spend so much on it.
Maybe going to try out NX7 meanwhile but I`m suspecting this tuning is not for my ears, prefer near-Harman target tuning.

Sep 18, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #43,879 of 100,755
yeah why people hype some iems like nx7 which are not dealbreaker. Oke it can be good for its price point, but its already confirmed by other users thats not that great maybe some people find it great sounding and who gonna use mods if the iem isnt tuned great either. It aint gonna make the tracks better maybe minor improvements. Right now there are some new upcoming brands and iems. This thread would be more usefull and interesting if it discuss some other brands too with new releases so that we get a real comparison in every price bracket and budget segment too ofcourse. So that we get a real idea which iems are great in budget segment and higher instead of hyping because we get a lot of releases esp. in budget segment. So after nx7 we get another soon which is better but will have some minor improvements only. I think that most people are bored to get minimal improvement and u get a lot of iems with same or sidegrades over time. Bqeyz made a new iem.. spring 1.. likewise trn v90 and GuideRay GR-i18 and tri i4 are still not known here.. they look for me more interesting atm. some iems like tfz releasing lot of iems in every price bracket and there a lot more iems upcoming..

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #43,880 of 100,755
I have to chime in on the NX7. To my ears it's a fantastic iem. I'm 49 years old so maybe this so called piercing treble can no longer bother my 'older' ears. NX7 has great textured bass and very good separation. The soundstage might indeed be small but the placement of instruments is very good and with these it's the first time I experienced depth. The only thing is it really needs a better cable to shine. Stock cable left me underwhelmed.

I've bought some mid-tier chifi last 2 years (Brainwavz B400, Mee-audio P1, ...) and they can really compete with those. They add a flavor of their own. Thank you to the guy(s) (@Dsnuts) who made me discover these.

Sep 18, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #43,881 of 100,755
I own gear that sounds harsh on a more cold source and just incredible on a warmer one.

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #43,882 of 100,755
Not sure what it is, but I'm satisfied with the SQ of the NX7 for the price. If this is 85-90% of the Andromeda/Gold, I'm happy. Even if it's not, I don't care because I'm luvin the NX7. I don't find them overly bright like others have said...I just find them detailed, which is what I was looking for, but wasn't willing to fork up a grand+ to get that kinda sound. From everything I've read, the bass on the NX7 is also better than the Andromeda. I love the bass on the NX7, so no complaints there. The NX7 is a great sounding set and I'm happy that it's part of my collection.

yes sir. The NX7 is my fave earphone atm, and they've parked all my other earphones to the side for now. I did grab my MD Crescents a few hours ago and listened to some music with them, and I still like them very much, but decided to switch back to the NX7, and aaaaaah. Such a nice sound for what I paid.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #43,883 of 100,755
yeah why people hype some iems like nx7 which are not dealbreaker. Oke it can be good for its price point, but its already confirmed by other users thats not that great maybe some people find it great sounding and who gonna use mods if the iem isnt tuned great either. It aint gonna make the tracks better maybe minor improvements. Right now there are some new upcoming brands and iems. This thread would be more usefull and interesting if it discuss some other brands too with new releases so that we get a real comparison in every price bracket and budget segment too ofcourse. So that we get a real idea which iems are great in budget segment and higher instead of hyping because we get a lot of releases esp. in budget segment. So after nx7 we get another soon which is better but will have some minor improvements only. I think that most people are bored to get minimal improvement and u get a lot of iems with same or sidegrades over time. Bqeyz made a new iem.. spring 1.. likewise trn v90 and GuideRay GR-i18 and tri i4 are still not known here.. they look for me more interesting atm. some iems like tfz releasing lot of iems in every price bracket and there a lot more iems upcoming..

Wha?! I couldn't make out exactly what you're trying to convey even after two read throughs. You saying let's move on from the NX7 because a minority found them piercing? Or??? Or let's move on from the NX7 because there's other earphones that aren't getting as much notice? Either way, I happen to love the NX7,as do the majority of those who own them, and so I'm going to side with the majority over the minority when it comes to sound. The more compatible ears the better. VIVA LA NX7!!

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #43,884 of 100,755
I'm very satisfied with my NX7 too, they grew on me.
I found them excessively bright OOTB but the micropore mod and some tip-rolling did wonders and now I'm totally enjoying them.
It's always curious how the perception is changed over time: the bass seemed almost lacking at first - now it's for sure one of the most strong aspects.
And the detalization of course. You've heard the track countless times, you believe to know it completely, then you switch to another piece of gear and WHAM! - suddenly you realize what was said in that whisper and the distant clapping is not clapping at all but the drumsticks, you clearly can hear that wooden texture. And so on.
2 words...break in period. Not looking to stir the pot here (some believe in it, some think it's BS), but as an audiophile for 30 years, I can attest to the fact that it exists. Not a math or science guy... I just go by what my ears hear. OOTB, I immediately enjoyed the details of the NX7. Over time and all kinds of music genres, the sound has smoothed out a lot. I've never nodded them with micro pore tape or anything like that. Just changed the tips to my trusty Newbee foams. Bass is tight and slams, and is as much as I want. Mids and treble are EXACTLY what I was looking for. I liked these right from the box (with the addition of a quality balanced copper cable, and a set of foams). I'm OK with a bit more narrow stage. That's the tradeoff. If you want a bigger stage, you might have to trade that for better detail retrieval. As much as I'm a stagehead, I still like the NX7. Sometimes, I prefer more detail and resolution than stage. With music that isn't recorded with a big stage, I'd rather use the NX7 to get the details.

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #43,885 of 100,755
I don't have any multi-driver earphones at that price point to directly compare to, but I can talk about a couple of single driver around that price. The TFZ Exclusive King Updated (MSRP $109, 12mm double magnetic circuit graphene driver) has an unmatched performance with sub-bass impact, mids are good but a bit uneven and while the highs have great extension, they can sound a little bright with some tracks. Spring 1 has a more balanced midrange and delivers detail and nuances in the highs that don't sound harsh to my ear. With the Moondrop Kanas Pro (MSRP $179, 10mm DLC dynamic driver) it's a bit of a toss up for me, but the physical weight of the KP housing is higher and that leads to a mild discomfort for me during extended listening. Spring 1 is lighter and an easier fit in my ear, which makes long listening no problem. Spring 1 also has a smaller external diameter on the nozzle so it can fit a broader range of eartips.
Personally, I don't have any issues with the weight of the KPE. They have long nozzles and fit deep and very well into my ears. They are also fairly small in size shell wise, which I like. For me, they are very comfortable and I can listen to them for 3-4 hours easily. I do like the look of the Spring 1...if the shell size is smaller than some of their other offerings (like KC2/KC2 Pro) I'd be tempted to give them a try. I've heard alot of good things about BQEYS, but I haven't pulled the plug on any because of reports about fit.

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #43,886 of 100,755
2 words...break in period. Not looking to stir the pot here (some believe in it, some think it's BS), but as an audiophile for 30 years, I can attest to the fact that it exists. Not a math or science guy... I just go by what my ears hear. OOTB, I immediately enjoyed the details of the NX7. Over time and all kinds of music genres, the sound has smoothed out a lot. I've never nodded them with micro pore tape or anything like that. Just changed the tips to my trusty Newbee foams. Bass is tight and slams, and is as much as I want. Mids and treble are EXACTLY what I was looking for. I liked these right from the box (with the addition of a quality balanced copper cable, and a set of foams). I'm OK with a bit more narrow stage. That's the tradeoff. If you want a bigger stage, you might have to trade that for better detail retrieval. As much as I'm a stagehead, I still like the NX7. Sometimes, I prefer more detail and resolution than stage. With music that isn't recorded with a big stage, I'd rather use the NX7 to get the details.

The stage isn't small. It's just not as exaggerated as the TFZ, KZ, T2's or Senns. Those are all exaggerated, but the NX7 is probably superior to all but the Senns in layering and positioning. Instruments are layered very nicely, and the stage is good, but not overwhelming. I use Spiral Dots with the stock cable and I replaced my Cardas interconnect and decided to use this Fiio Interconnect with my Mont Blanc amp and i'm in heaven. What a beautiful sound with intense details and punchy bass. Me likey me likey!

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #43,887 of 100,755
The stage isn't small. It's just not as exaggerated as the TFZ, KZ, T2's or Senns. Those are all exaggerated, but the NX7 is probably superior to all but the Senns in layering and positioning. Instruments are layered very nicely, and the stage is good, but not overwhelming. I use Spiral Dots with the stock cable and I replaced my Cardas interconnect and decided to use this Fiio Interconnect with my Mont Blanc amp and i'm in heaven. What a beautiful sound with intense details and punchy bass. Me likey me likey!
Yeah...good point! Nice to see that you use the Mont Blanc. These Fiio amps/dac-amps are legit good and imho outperform alot of more expensive stuff. It makes it really hard to justify spending 3 or 4 times more for a DAP that can deliver that level of SQ for a much higher price.

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #43,888 of 100,755
I wish more impressions of the Spring 1 would flow in... looks like a good candidate for the 11/11 sale...
Any other new Single DD in the offing...

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #43,889 of 100,755
So a little bit on the NX7. Seems they were tuned in house for NiceHCK only meaning it was a tuner that worked for NiceHCK and not from the company that is mass producing the iems for NiceHCK. So basically tuning duties are done in house and not from some random sound engineer from OEM. So these NX7 and DB3s and the like are not from the same house KZs and Kbears come from

DSC06697.JPG DB3s in the house!!!. These are so fresh with cables so new.. I threw them in my ears. Just now aaaand!

OH dang!.. These are $20???!!!!!!.. These sound Nothing like a $20 earphone. No way was this sound possible even a few months ago for so little.
I can tell these are most definitely retuned from the prototype. Amazing. Just amazing..

2575070.jpg
Ladies and Gentlemen!!.. Get your $20 bill ready.. Cus you all need to try this one..Throw up your $20 bills yall! This one is gonna shock a lotta people!.
I am gonna say.. NiceHCK has outdone themselves yet once again. Sound balancing is similar to the NX7.. Bass isn't quite there yet. Sounds a touch loose but man what is on here is excellent. imaging that pops. Details that far exceed any $20 earphone. Sure you don't need a $20 phone. But your gonna miss out if you don't. Is all I am gonna say.. Off to the burn they go!

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #43,890 of 100,755
So a little bit on the NX7. Seems they were tuned in house for NiceHCK only meaning it was a tuner that worked for NiceHCK and not from the company that is mass producing the iems for NiceHCK. So basically tuning duties are done in house and not from some random sound engineer from OEM. So these NX7 and DB3s and the like are not from the same house KZs and Kbears come from

DB3s in the house!!!. These are so fresh with cables so new.. I threw them in my ears. Just now aaaand!

OH dang!.. These are $20???!!!!!!.. These sound Nothing like a $20 earphone. No way was this sound possible even a few months ago for so little.
I can tell these are most definitely retuned from the prototype. Amazing. Just amazing..

2575070.jpg
Ladies and Gentlemen!!.. Get your $20 bill ready.. Cus you all need to try this one..Throw up your $20 bills yall! This one is gonna shock a lotta people!.
I am gonna say.. NiceHCK has outdone themselves yet once again. Sound balancing is similar to the NX7.. Bass isn't quite there yet. Sounds a touch loose but man what is on here is excellent. imaging that pops. Details that far exceed any $20 earphone. Sure you don't need a $20 phone. But your gonna miss out if you don't. Is all I am gonna say.. Off to the burn they go!
At $85 CDN, I thought the NX7 was a steal for the SQ. At $20 USD, I've got no qualms whatsoever at springing for this set, as long as the fit is there. What's the size like? I find small shells and long stems work best for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back