The discovery thread!
Sep 18, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #43,891 of 100,819
It is the exactly same housing as the NX7. Same exact fit.

A bit more on the DB3. These sound more like dynamic earphones than hybrids which makes sense as the dual dynamics are doing bass to mids duties. The mids are smooth. These have more bass than the NX7 and less treble energy vs the NX7 so a touch on the warm side of sound. This is out of the box. I have a feeling the bass will tighten up with burn in which should neutralize the tonality.

So far they sound like a fun version of the NX7 without the piezoelectric of course. Very musical sounding. Stunning SQ for the price.

Just did a head to head versus the prototype and I gotta say.. Jim is taking the advice of headfiers in tuning their earphones. While there is healthy amount of bass on the DB3. It has a bit less than the prototype which allows the mids to come forward and has slightly more treble than the prototype.

In otherwords these have much better balance than the prototype. These are not gonna be as technical or detailed as the NX7 but these are a blast to listen to.

Now you guys have the perfect gift to give a loved one for the Holidays. Perfect gateway to introduce a non audio enthusiast to good sound.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #43,892 of 100,819
Thanks for the timely post, just got the No. 3 in the mail yesterday. I know what you mean on the tips and cable out of the box. I read up on them before ordering and there was alot of bassmonsters and basshead talk. I think you hit it with defined and impactful at first listen.

Thanks

So tonight, I downloaded some old school stuff (ABBA Gold album, and SOS Band). Listened to them on my TFZ NO.3 and have been really enjoying the music and the iems. Over the past few months that I've had the No.3's, I've posted that I've not really been "Wowed" by them. After a bunch of tip swaps and a cable swap; plus an extensive break in period; the TFZ NO.3 is finally showing it's worth. Bass is great: impactful, defined and powerful. Mids are nice and forward and the treble region (which I previously found dark and recessed) has opened up and is now giving me a nice, big soundstage. Really starting to enjoy this set alot. They are especially good with old school Funk, like Gap Band, SOS Band and Rick James. Finally getting to appreciate this iem alot!

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #43,893 of 100,819
yeah why people hype some iems like nx7 which are not dealbreaker. Oke it can be good for its price point, but its already confirmed by other users thats not that great maybe some people find it great sounding and who gonna use mods if the iem isnt tuned great either. It aint gonna make the tracks better maybe minor improvements.
I'd say in the sound department can't be no war to end all the wars. All the people (and other music listening creatures) has their own ears and preferences. In the end we all aim for the new experience, so the question isn't "are the phones XXX the best of the best?" but "do they deliver? do we find something new with them?".
There always can be found at least some drawbacks and always will be found the next piece to adore or despise. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen!!.. Get your $20 bill ready.. Cus you all need to try this one..Throw up your $20 bills yall! This one is gonna shock a lotta people!.
Choo-choo! :steam_locomotive:

Sep 19, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #43,894 of 100,819
I wish more impressions of the Spring 1 would flow in... looks like a good candidate for the 11/11 sale...
Any other new Single DD in the offing...

Well the massdrop JVC HA FDX01 seems to have good early reviews for excellent timbre and customizable tuning nozzles. I gave it a miss cause i saw from reviews and FR that bass may a bit lacking for me (I'm a basshead). Maybe might suit those who want a neutralish tuning.

The tanchjim oxygen has an updated model coming soon, but might be pricey. I'm keeping my eye out though.

I just got the semkarch CNT1 am and testing it out this week. Not bad, i think it can almost hit the SQ of my TFZ no. 3 and toneking ninetails (both single DD). It's no more in production and was originally retailing at ~ 100 usd. Some new sets can still be gotten at around 35 - 43 usd on taobao and ebay.

There's quite good headfi feedback for the Blon BL -03 single dd iem ~ 28 usd. I'll probably be getting it at the next sale, looks a bit harmanish tuned.

So a little bit on the NX7. Seems they were tuned in house for NiceHCK only meaning it was a tuner that worked for NiceHCK and not from the company that is mass producing the iems for NiceHCK. So basically tuning duties are done in house and not from some random sound engineer from OEM. So these NX7 and DB3s and the like are not from the same house KZs and Kbears come from

DB3s in the house!!!. These are so fresh with cables so new.. I threw them in my ears. Just now aaaand!

OH dang!.. These are $20???!!!!!!.. These sound Nothing like a $20 earphone. No way was this sound possible even a few months ago for so little.
I can tell these are most definitely retuned from the prototype. Amazing. Just amazing..

2575070.jpg
Ladies and Gentlemen!!.. Get your $20 bill ready.. Cus you all need to try this one..Throw up your $20 bills yall! This one is gonna shock a lotta people!.
I am gonna say.. NiceHCK has outdone themselves yet once again. Sound balancing is similar to the NX7.. Bass isn't quite there yet. Sounds a touch loose but man what is on here is excellent. imaging that pops. Details that far exceed any $20 earphone. Sure you don't need a $20 phone. But your gonna miss out if you don't. Is all I am gonna say.. Off to the burn they go!

How does this compare with the sub 20 usd **** (if u have heard **** before)?

Sep 19, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #43,895 of 100,819
I wish more impressions of the Spring 1 would flow in... looks like a good candidate for the 11/11 sale...
Any other new Single DD in the offing...

Is that BQEYZ Spring 1? Is DD+BA+Piezo if I'm not wrong.
BTW I'm enjoying a lot single DD Radsone HE100. Good out of ES100 (neutral but with a peak around high mids / low treble). I prefer them out of a more warm source, the sound is very good and very very close to signature I like. Tip rolling were burn-in are a must.
Just writing some review and hope to finish it before week's end (too many things to do back from holidays).

Sep 19, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #43,896 of 100,819
BTW I'm enjoying a lot single DD Radsone HE100. Good out of ES100 (neutral but with a peak around high mids / low treble). I prefer them out of a more warm source, the sound is very good and very very close to signature I like. Tip rolling were burn-in are a must.
Just writing some review and hope to finish it before week's end (too many things to do back from holidays).
Looks good the Radsone.. I was looking at an iem that has the option of removable cables... between $100 - $150... a little brother for the NC5v2 :D

Sep 19, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #43,897 of 100,819
Looks good the Radsone.. I was looking at an iem that has the option of removable cables... between $100 - $150... a little brother for the NC5v2 :D

The cable is very decent to my ears. Pretty transparent and mature sound, that I'd say fits better with senior company than with a new one.
I was looking for a good single DD with removable cable too. That's why I was thinking of Nine Tail, but still keep looking for something better. Maybe I'll ask Thomas if he can send me a pair of DS1 or DS2 in conjunction to Bellas when finally updated (still need to decide new design). Don't know about DS1 nor DS2. I was not able to find any review if I'm not wrong. But don't have many hopes if they're intended for local market.

Sep 19, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #43,898 of 100,819
Listening to Moondrop KXXS with the BL and the sub bass is tickling my brains literally :D

Sep 19, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #43,899 of 100,819
@FreeWheelinAudioLuv I meant a comparison between different brands esp. new releases from unknown brands like what hbb does in sort.. budget segment is overflooded right now.. if one iem got recommended we get another in a matter of time with minor improvements.. so comparison is needed between some iems.. which is a real deal.. I cant comment on nx7 because I dont own it.. tuning matter yes.. but more of the same is no go for me

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #43,900 of 100,819

BQEYZ Spring 1 has a custom multi-layer ceramic piezoelectric driver in a housing integrated with the DD, and the BA is also on-axis with both of those drivers, which is a pretty unique arrangement (and should avoid phase issues that impact multi-driver setups).

The Radsone HE100 looks a lot like the Sonicast Dirac Plus MK2, which is a South Korean product. I have talked about the Sonicast before, and mentioned that it is very good. Really my only complaint is the non-removable cable, but otherwise it competes with much higher end IEMs (I paid $52). I found the stock Sonicast tips to be the best in my testing, I wonder if the Radsone are the same driver/tips?

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #43,902 of 100,819
My mind is officially blown! I can't believe what I am hearing from a $20 earphone. To be fair I have yet to try it using the stock cable or tips. I skipped on them. I got these cables on them on my cayin N5ii.

H70d276df92d24dbcb7b502d02c569838w.jpg

Ya I broke my rule about not using a cable that cost more than the earphones but in this case that is easy to do. These new 16 core SPC cables are outstanding at $37ish.
The sonic goodness that is oozing out of these cheapos is just crazy. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000130916090.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.69784c4dTTqxwM

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #43,903 of 100,819
These coaxial DD + Piezo modules are actually pretty commonplace these days. Not to burst peoples' bubbles, but they've been around for a while.

I didn't mean to imply it was new - my understanding though is that it's uncommon to see this arrangement in a ~$100 earphone. I've seen it before in more expensive earphones.

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #43,904 of 100,819
My mind is officially blown! I can't believe what I am hearing from a $20 earphone. To be fair I have yet to try it using the stock cable or tips. I skipped on them. I got these cables on them on my cayin N5ii.

H70d276df92d24dbcb7b502d02c569838w.jpg

Ya I broke my rule about not using a cable that cost more than the earphones but in this case that is easy to do. These new 16 core SPC cables are outstanding at $37ish.
The sonic goodness that is oozing out of these cheapos is just crazy. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000130916090.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.69784c4dTTqxwM
What's the cheap iem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back