The discovery thread!
Nov 11, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #39,346 of 101,169
Tried them both back to back........and the differences are big. Didn’t buy the DMG. But that’s just me, everyone has a sound they like.

Though I’ve yet to get home and listen to the DM6 on my best gear, so far they are truly special. Out of an iPod the DM6 was more refined and had better over all cohesiveness. IMO

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #39,347 of 101,169
i don't know what you mean with "different termination".
the link i provided allows you to select from 6 different cables (colors and terminations), including the ones with L plugs, like stock.
it's the same cable than penon's, same than stock, made by bgvp. if you contact with penon, they'll also be able to source any of these types, probably.

I wanted to get the silver cable. It comes with the straight plug termination instead of the L plugs.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #39,348 of 101,169
I might wait for an impression or two but the TRN BT20 comes in MMCX...
TRN-BT20-Bluetooth-V5-0-Ear-Hook-MMCX-2Pin-Connector-Earphone-Bluetooth-Adapter-For-SE535-UE900.jpg_640x640.jpg

Of course, I will most likely be getting the jays m-SIX so will recommend checking them out as they check a lot(not all) of boxes for me for a weather resistant, good sounding, unobtrusive design with good range and antenna and aptX as well.

I think I will order one of these BT adapters. Just not sure if I want to get an MMCX or 2-Pin one.... sigh too many IEMs.

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #39,351 of 101,169
This question in impossible to answer correctly, be more specific and we might help you. better, slight, better, much better, it is all too subjective.

dmg's are V-shape, more like a U to me... dm6 should be flatter and analitycal, drier brass, better highs and more even mids according do reports. Dmg's should sound bigger and have a dynamic driver bass (a bit on the soft side) and a thinner presentation.

i don't have dm6s, only dmg's my i 've been reading all of the reports on the internet, so hope that helps but take a Truck of salt.

Mind the price difference is arouns 50-70$ to.

I have the tehnz p4 pro and a Dmg and if i should stick to only one iem i would go to dm6's as i like the flatter and reference like presentation of tehnz p4 pro, i only miss some dynamics and bass quality wich dm6 shuuld give according to direct comparisions.

Sorry for the vague question...

I keep bouncing from 2 different signatures, FutureSonics Atrio M5 to Triple.Fi 10 back to IE80 then to Earsonics SM3v2... and then i lost them and i had to start over again and i was in a much weaker economic state.

I managed to pick up some RHA T20 from amazon on sale for 100 and then picked up the Nuforce Massdrop EDC3, While the RHA is more Dynamic and fun but very coloured at the same time, the EDC3 is more flat and neutral but loses some of the force at the bottom and some of the spark at the top,

Now from what i understand the DMG is Very close to the T20 but with a more controlled and refined signature... but just by a bit. While the DM6 is less V shaped and more neutral like the EDC3 but does not sacrifice bass and treble to reach it, i guess as the review stated in a earlier post, a EX1000 just with a slight drop in detail in the mids, but you have to look very closly to find the potholes in thaat road.

I guess im answering my own question, the DMG is more Versatile with the filters and the Dynamic drivers do give it a deeper and more fun base, but at the same time make it slower and more V shaped. its the Mr Jekyl to the DM6 Dr Hyde.

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #39,352 of 101,169
so I lied earlier. I did buy things on 11.11 day. Got the TRN BT20 adapters... a 2-pin and a mmcx one lol. My fiancee wanted one for gym too. And got a cable for my Focals. Will report how they are whenever I get them.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #39,355 of 101,169
Sorry for the vague question...

I keep bouncing from 2 different signatures, FutureSonics Atrio M5 to Triple.Fi 10 back to IE80 then to Earsonics SM3v2... and then i lost them and i had to start over again and i was in a much weaker economic state.

I managed to pick up some RHA T20 from amazon on sale for 100 and then picked up the Nuforce Massdrop EDC3, While the RHA is more Dynamic and fun but very coloured at the same time, the EDC3 is more flat and neutral but loses some of the force at the bottom and some of the spark at the top,

Now from what i understand the DMG is Very close to the T20 but with a more controlled and refined signature... but just by a bit. While the DM6 is less V shaped and more neutral like the EDC3 but does not sacrifice bass and treble to reach it, i guess as the review stated in a earlier post, a EX1000 just with a slight drop in detail in the mids, but you have to look very closly to find the potholes in thaat road.

I guess im answering my own question, the DMG is more Versatile with the filters and the Dynamic drivers do give it a deeper and more fun base, but at the same time make it slower and more V shaped. its the Mr Jekyl to the DM6 Dr Hyde.

If you are afraid of losing impacrt at the bottoms you are ok with dm6 because even my tehnz p4 pro is very good at the bottoms, dm6 should be even better at bass. my p4 pro sounds full, fuller than dmg in some way, only the bass is somekind poor in articulation. The bass on dmg is soft, the v shape gives it more of a room felling than exaclty lots of impact at the bottoms, it is a very even signature for a v-shape. I think your best bet would be dm6.

filters on dmg don't change sound too much, the tone is warm in all filters.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #39,356 of 101,169
GET it all ...
better to be safe than sorry

Already blew my budget last week and now blew it again on todays sales. I mean if today goes by, the next time they will have sales day will not be until Chinese new years? Damn it!

This hobby is brutal. Highly recommend staying away from this thread and me especially. FOMO is getting to me. I think I will go watch some football and forget about browsing nice balanced cables and phones in all configurations for the cheapest prices of the year. Who needs that.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #39,357 of 101,169
I wanted to get the silver cable. It comes with the straight plug termination instead of the L plugs.
imo there is no pure silver version of this cable. only pure copper, or silver plated copper, different colors:
"Options:
silver: 3.5mm OCC silver plating cable with straight plug <---------- is this the one you wanted? silver color, straight plug..
gray: 3.5mm OCC+ copper silver plating cable with straight plug
3.5mm OCC+ copper silver plating cable with L bending plug
2.5mm OCC+ copper silver plating cable with straight plug

bronze: 3.5mm OCC cable with straight plug
3.5mm OCC cable with L bending plug
"

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #39,358 of 101,169
Already blew my budget last week and now blew it again on todays sales. I mean if today goes by, the next time they will have sales day will not be until Chinese new years? Damn it!

This hobby is brutal. Highly recommend staying away from this thread and me especially. FOMO is getting to me. I think I will go watch some football and forget about browsing nice balanced cables and phones in all configurations for the cheapest prices of the year. Who needs that.

My wallet is crying already, and I've only been back five minutes.
The sales have some real nice bargains mind.

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #39,359 of 101,169
Now to buy some extra ears so I can listen to all my new toys.
As my wife always says "but you only have two ears"
Can we change that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back