1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. antdroid
    Dont worry. I dont plan on buying anything either. I'm trying not to spend money on cheap stuff and just get what I really want in the upper tier. I also just bought a couple new amps, the Focal Elegia and upgraded my ME1 to CIEM so I have really no need for anything else right now.

But the two planar IEMs that came out recently are tempting.... lol

B9Scrambler likes this.
  2. FastAndClean
  3. stryed
    It's 2DD & 4BA like the DMG.

4. Dsnuts Contributor
    The graph looks identical to the DMG

[​IMG]

I bet it is the same earphone.

5. crabdog
    The FR looks tasty.

darmanastartes and antdroid like this.
  6. Otto Motor
    I would not be surprised. Would not be the first case like that...

7. Dsnuts Contributor
    DMGs are definitely worth the cash. Better yet the NiceHCK version is cheaper due to sales. Something to consider for today.

Best part is they can be tuned with filters and even more additional filters from LZ. And of course with cables and tips.

8. Dsnuts Contributor
    So apparently when I bought the HQ12 just now. You have to activate the manufacturers coupon for that value first. Then add said item to your check out. During check out before you pay that coupon applies. That is how it works.

Aliexpress themselves gives a discount for certain amount of money you spend. That is applied before you check out automatically. That was my confusion. So it seems multiple coupons were added. Check out price was $380 with $10 aliexpress discount and then an additional $14 coupon from manufacturer when checking out. $4 bonus coupons for some odd reason was also applied. So it seems the more you spend the more they give you incentive. Which makes sense.

Ended up being $352. Deal!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  9. davidcotton
    God I hate the filter system. Just pick the signature you want when making it and go with it.

10. antdroid
    The DMG doesn't have that front port.

11. Otto Motor
    Answered!

12. superuser1
    It does to my ears drastically. I mean there is an audible difference.

13. dweaver
    Thanks guys. I am glad I have not hit the buy button yet. I love the look of the Whizzer and actually prefer hybrids over straight BA and can't really afford the difference in cost to go to the DM6 so may have wait in this and think about what I want.

@Hawaiibadboy, do you want to weigh in here, have these two nailed your experience in regards to sound?

14. Redcarmoose
    DM6 is maybe real? Finally China has challenged em all?

Can’t wait to get home and try them with real gear.

15. jant71

The golden rule is buy the cable after the earphone. Buy it, use it, learn it, then cable it. You might already have a good one for it. You might not need it.
    Unless there is the brands own upgrade picked for it exists or it is an earphone that has been around and people have found a cable for it that matches the gear then how are you gonna have enough info to make the better choice. A good cable and a good earphone do not have to be a good match.

I bought one thing...

A Ruizu X51. Always in search of the closer to perfect sports clip player...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Adding some things like bi-directional BT and wire control. Nice for the Fender which still keeps sounding good with every device it comes across and love to add the mic buttons to control the device especially with winter coming. Would seem to also add a color screen over the JNN M9. M9 still getting five star feedback and Is still quite good but the OLED screen is bad in sunlight and the FM preset navigation sucks cause you can't delete single or choose your stations to preset other than by scanning automatically. Always room for more features and better ways of doing things.

HungryPanda and Dsnuts like this.