The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #38,086 of 101,288
Disagree completely.

Bass is elevated in SG more so than DMG
Mids are more recessed on SG which combined with elevated bass makes the SG mids harder to catch on subtle mid centric music passages like piano,vocals,etc
Treble is more emphasized on SG creating mose sense of "V"

SG is in another league? I usually avoid this since it's all opinion but another league? No , I submit my differing view just for the record and folks who are not on Head-Fi but read this thread.

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #38,087 of 101,288
Disagree completely.

Bass is elevated in SG more so than DMG
Mids are more recessed on SG which combined with elevated bass makes the SG mids harder to catch on subtle mid centric music passages like piano,vocals,etc
Treble is more emphasized on SG creating mose sense of "V"

SG is in another league? I usually avoid this since it's all opinion but another league? No , I submit my differing view just for the record and folks who are not on Head-Fi but read this thread.

We all hear differently, but your impressions of the DMG don't sound anything like the pair I have. Mine are super thin and almost grainy in the mids, with elevated bass and treble. VERY V shaped to my ears, while the secret gardens are more L shaped with elevated bass and linear mids and treble. The secret gardens are much more refined with a smooth quality that the DMG don't have, hence my saying I feel they're in a different league.

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #38,088 of 101,288
I've also read alot of differing opinions on the DMG's. Who knows if it's quality control issues, or what it is, but I am a vocal music lover and mids are huge to me, and my pair of DMG's are one of the more V shaped pairs that I personally own.

EDIT-
I feel I should clarify more into what I meant by saying that the Secret Gardens are in another league than the DMG's. I don't want people getting hung up on V shaped, L shaped etc, etc. I'm talking strictly quality of tone. The Secret Garden's are smoother with ZERO sibilance in the mids and highs, while the DMG's are thinner and brighter sounding and way quicker to reveal sibilance if the track is mastered as such. I just find them on different levels of refinement, and I feel most people pay extra for refinement and the extra is justified for the Secret Gardens.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #38,089 of 101,288
The treble on SG are notable and STRONG Not an "L" at all
Another league, ?
Easily justifies price diff?
If there were variable QC between units of both since my SG are fun and lively and clearly "V" shaped and not like yours then telling an online community of mostly strangers that "A"'s price is easily justifiable is playing loose with others money as at least one of "A" and "B" have QC variables. Apparently both do.

I disagree with you and your pronouncements and will ignore from now on to keep the thread free of this kind of back and forth.

Whatever makes you happy is good. So in the end, good for you, happiness that is.

Sep 29, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #38,091 of 101,288
You guys both got it wrong. My EP35 is summit fi and only cost $23. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-ep35.23315/reviews#review-20947. Better than earphones costing 1000X as much! Well that is with a copper cable and different tips.

In all cereal. That saying we all hear differently. This is so true. In the end not everyone will hear just like how I hear a specific earphone. I find that if one of you fellas that review a phone has got 70% of what your describing on them that I hear in the same phone. Hey that is close enough to how I am hearing it.

Music bias and sound profile preference plays a big part on how a person hears and values a phone. I just accept the fact that some guys don't like certain type of sound that I like myself..What constitutes better is as always in ones opinion remember that when reading impressions and reviews.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #38,093 of 101,288
I remember your statement on the thread..but the most initial DS1 were only good, after that, it got weird in tuning. One was bassy(well that was still okay) and other was shouty(which bgvp sold as tn forum version) after some time
It's the other way around : on Penon, the "TN forum" (which is the V1) is the bassy version and "Black DS1" (= V2) the strident one... And for me it's still the best bang for the buck under $50 (just behind the HifiWalker A7 Plus) and my IEMs on the go.

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #38,094 of 101,288
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #38,097 of 101,288
Received both brothers today, Audbos P4 and Tenhz P4 Pro.

My early impressions:

According to the FR graphs on the box both tunings are identical, but I hear differences - I assume mainly caused by differences in the fit.

Both tend to reproduce the flat reference tuning as per graph. Both are musical though.

Built: Pro > P4
Fit: P4 > Pro, at least for me. P4 covers everything and they dig deeper
Tonality: P4 > Pro, because of the deeper insertion the P4 have the darker and for me more natural tone. Pro is reference leaner and lighter
Bass: P4 = Pro, P4 digs deeper and has more quantity, maybe due to the deeper insertion. A few dB north of neutral for my ears. Pro bass is more balanced out within the three sections. Sub bass experience is not overly given.
Mids: P4 > Pro, Pro mids are very prominent and appear kind of shouty to me and remind me a bit of the RE-400 or FLC8S mids while the P4 mids have the more natural sounding positioning.
Highs: P4 = Pro, Sparkling, reaches far
Staging: P4 > Pro, both have a wide stage, but Pro is far more intimate, while P4's voice position is better centered in the show
Details: both show loads
Refinement: I heard better with other IEM, but it is good for the price. E.g. the Pinnacle P1 cable helped both in this matter

- both sound crystal clear
- Cymbals sound realistic
- Male voices are more natural with the P4 and thinner with the Pro
- Pro sounds more reference, more neutral while P4 more lifelike

Price/performance ratio is outstanding. It's very early, but I like both but prefer the P4 ATM

Very quick comparison with my Rose Mini4 made me nervous. Appears to be a tough head to head to head race

Thanks for the excellent comparison. I Saw HBB's Tenhz P4 Pro unboxing and wanted to check this one out. Saw Audbos P4 for $80 on AE (looks like clearance price) and ordered it after reading your comparison.

Don't care about the resin shell vs plastic shell. P4 did seem to have a longer nozzle (like 64 audio iems) than Pro, which helps greatly with spinfit tips. I hate these shorter nozzles of most chi-fi iems, even large tips are not large enough for a proper seal with shallow fit.

Oct 1, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #38,098 of 101,288
Thanks for the excellent comparison. I Saw HBB's Tenhz P4 Pro unboxing and wanted to check this one out. Saw Audbos P4 for $80 on AE (looks like clearance price) and ordered it after reading your comparison.

Don't care about the resin shell vs plastic shell. P4 did seem to have a longer nozzle (like 64 audio iems) than Pro, which helps greatly with spinfit tips. I hate these shorter nozzles of most chi-fi iems, even large tips are not large enough for a proper seal with shallow fit.
My thoughts exactly! ....ordered P4 last night - There'll obviously be less ear protrusion with the Pro - but the P4 seems to (more importantly) provide a better seal....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back