The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #38,071 of 101,420
Well, i guess that he didn't wanted to self promote his video, but i will promote.

Tehnz pro on the league of DM6, wich was said to be "better" than b400 in audio 123 blog. 79$ on MD, this is what i call a good hype for a budget seeker like me.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #38,073 of 101,420
Found this little player on ebay and decided I would be the guinea pig for it's since I have a use for a clip style sports player...
$_3.JPG

Interesting and seems great for run or ball playing regardless of the weather. It's just plain cheap($20-ish for 8gb, $30 for 16GB) so not afraid to expose it but it seems to be water resistant and the fast charge is pretty nuts at 5 minutes for 6 hours, 20 minutes for 38 hours. BT is 4.2 but you really don't need it being 1.5 x 1.46 x .39 inches. Still nice to have when you want to cut the cord esp. when it is time to bundle up. Searched for more images and found the clip is snap on and can be removed. Best part for me about a small clip player is the little volume knob right on the front flanked by the RW and FF buttons. Power button is on the top and separate as is the jack so phones plugged in won't make buttons tough to press...
$_3.JPG

Seems great for those left side chest pockets I have on a few jackets and hoodies as well as on the belt.

Some mumbo jumbo about the SQ and power...
$_3.JPG

but not expecting too much from something so small that can run for 38 hours. Just has to work as it should, be easy to use, and sound good enough. It does play WAV, FLAC, MP3 and all that...

SPECS:
Size / Weight: Size 3.8cm * 3.7cm * 1cm/1.50*1.46*0.39in
Body weight:about 36g
Memory: 8G
Display: 1.2-inch OLED color display
Resolution: 800*480
Music format: MP3, WMA, wav, ape, flac
Bluetooth: Bluetooth version 4.2; it can connect Bluetooth headset, stereo, car audio.
Play time: 38 hours continuous music playback, standby 15 days
EQ sound effects: normal, rock, funk
Lyrics format: LRC
E-book: txt lrc
FM radio: 87.5MHz-108MHZ/76MHz-90MHz
Recording format: WAV
Frequency range: 20HZ-20KHz
Signal to noise ratio: greater than or equal to 90db
Headphone output: stereo channel output
Menu language, English, Korean, Japanese

We'll see when it come if it does make a tiny and versatile little beast to use outdoors and for exercise. Time to sweep up those leaves soon enough and should be something to match up with my incoming **** PT25 that just made it through customs. Player >>> FiiO shortcord MMCX(40CM) >>> PT25 seems a good set-up.:)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #38,075 of 101,420
So DMG or secret gardens?

Sep 29, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #38,077 of 101,420
^HBB did Secret Garden not Secret Garden 3.:ksc75smile:

Sep 29, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #38,078 of 101,420
Received both brothers today, Audbos P4 and Tenhz P4 Pro.

My early impressions:

According to the FR graphs on the box both tunings are identical, but I hear differences - I assume mainly caused by differences in the fit.

Both tend to reproduce the flat reference tuning as per graph. Both are musical though.

Built: Pro > P4
Fit: P4 > Pro, at least for me. P4 covers everything and they dig deeper
Tonality: P4 > Pro, because of the deeper insertion the P4 have the darker and for me more natural tone. Pro is reference leaner and lighter
Bass: P4 = Pro, P4 digs deeper and has more quantity, maybe due to the deeper insertion. A few dB north of neutral for my ears. Pro bass is more balanced out within the three sections. Sub bass experience is not overly given.
Mids: P4 > Pro, Pro mids are very prominent and appear kind of shouty to me and remind me a bit of the RE-400 or FLC8S mids while the P4 mids have the more natural sounding positioning.
Highs: P4 = Pro, Sparkling, reaches far
Staging: P4 > Pro, both have a wide stage, but Pro is far more intimate, while P4's voice position is better centered in the show
Details: both show loads
Refinement: I heard better with other IEM, but it is good for the price. E.g. the Pinnacle P1 cable helped both in this matter

- both sound crystal clear
- Cymbals sound realistic
- Male voices are more natural with the P4 and thinner with the Pro
- Pro sounds more reference, more neutral while P4 more lifelike

Price/performance ratio is outstanding. It's very early, but I like both but prefer the P4 ATM

Very quick comparison with my Rose Mini4 made me nervous. Appears to be a tough head to head to head race

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #38,080 of 101,420
Lest we forget from whence we came...
ZA is still around:

"ZIRCO (ZIRCO)" is a series of inner ear stereo headphones that adopt high strength and high resonance frequency zirconia for the main housing, and reproduce delicate and rich high resolution sound sources more clearly.

Zirconia + aluminum body
M-DX 230 - ZN

Zirconia + aluminum body Ultra compact dynamic screwdriver
ZH-DX250-ZP

ZIRCO PEZZO
Hi-Res zirconia
Adopted zirconia housing with high resonance frequency
Zirconia has a higher resonance frequency compared to a housing such as resin used for general earphone, and the influence of unnecessary resonance vibration on the sound source is greatly reduced. This makes it possible to transmit clear sounds and reproduce delicate and plentiful high resolution sound sources without leaving anything. The deep shine of jet black also glitteringly reflects the streamlined body line. The driver is equipped with a high-resolution dynamic driver with its own tuning. We tuned the ultra compact dynamic driver to the optimum spec for the zirconia housing, and will play the high res sound all the way from a luxurious glossy body.

SPEC-DX250.png

Zirconia + Aluminum
Adopted zirconia and machined aluminum in the housing. Zirconia with a high resonance frequency is greatly reduced the influence of unnecessary resonance vibration on the sound source, which makes it possible to transmit clear sound and reproduce delicate and plentiful high resolution sound sources.

Ultra compact dynamic driver
The newly developed "ultra compact dynamic driver" reproduces the high-resolution sound source faithfully and abundantly from the deep bass to the transparent feeling high tone sound.

SPEC-Lmarker-B-1.png

Improvement of right-and-left discrimination by "L - marker"
"L-marker" is adopted to make it possible to distinguish left and right of zero minimal and symmetrical housing design. "L - marker" is attached to the cord under the left side housing, and right and left identification is possible without visual confirmation.

New straight plug
Circle line applied to the surface of the aluminum cover plug smoothly supports insertion and removal of the output terminal smoothly without stress.

Use newly developed parallel code
Newly developed and adopted left and right independent OFC (oxygen free copper) parallel code. It enables transmission of pure sound source with less transmission loss, while also providing flexibility and durability.

Product Specifications
Model Dynamic type
plug φ3.5 mm gold-plated stereo mini plug [Straight type]
code OFC code 1.2 m
mass 5.2 g (excluding cord)
Output sound pressure level 101 dB / 1 mW
Playback frequency band 8 Hz to 70,000 Hz
Maximum input 150 mW * IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) standard
Impedance 16 Ω
accessories Silicon earpiece: 2 each of S, M and L

Perhaps the Pezzo is a microdriver worthy of b9scramblers attention:)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #38,081 of 101,420
Lest we forget from whence we came...
ZA is still around:

"ZIRCO (ZIRCO)" is a series of inner ear stereo headphones that adopt high strength and high resonance frequency zirconia for the main housing, and reproduce delicate and rich high resolution sound sources more clearly.

Zirconia + aluminum body
M-DX 230 - ZN

Zirconia + aluminum body Ultra compact dynamic screwdriver
ZH-DX250-ZP

ZIRCO PEZZO
Hi-Res zirconia
Adopted zirconia housing with high resonance frequency
Zirconia has a higher resonance frequency compared to a housing such as resin used for general earphone, and the influence of unnecessary resonance vibration on the sound source is greatly reduced. This makes it possible to transmit clear sounds and reproduce delicate and plentiful high resolution sound sources without leaving anything. The deep shine of jet black also glitteringly reflects the streamlined body line. The driver is equipped with a high-resolution dynamic driver with its own tuning. We tuned the ultra compact dynamic driver to the optimum spec for the zirconia housing, and will play the high res sound all the way from a luxurious glossy body.

SPEC-DX250.png

Zirconia + Aluminum
Adopted zirconia and machined aluminum in the housing. Zirconia with a high resonance frequency is greatly reduced the influence of unnecessary resonance vibration on the sound source, which makes it possible to transmit clear sound and reproduce delicate and plentiful high resolution sound sources.

Ultra compact dynamic driver
The newly developed "ultra compact dynamic driver" reproduces the high-resolution sound source faithfully and abundantly from the deep bass to the transparent feeling high tone sound.

SPEC-Lmarker-B-1.png

Improvement of right-and-left discrimination by "L - marker"
"L-marker" is adopted to make it possible to distinguish left and right of zero minimal and symmetrical housing design. "L - marker" is attached to the cord under the left side housing, and right and left identification is possible without visual confirmation.

New straight plug
Circle line applied to the surface of the aluminum cover plug smoothly supports insertion and removal of the output terminal smoothly without stress.

Use newly developed parallel code
Newly developed and adopted left and right independent OFC (oxygen free copper) parallel code. It enables transmission of pure sound source with less transmission loss, while also providing flexibility and durability.

Product Specifications
Model Dynamic type
plug φ3.5 mm gold-plated stereo mini plug [Straight type]
code OFC code 1.2 m
mass 5.2 g (excluding cord)
Output sound pressure level 101 dB / 1 mW
Playback frequency band 8 Hz to 70,000 Hz
Maximum input 150 mW * IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) standard
Impedance 16 Ω
accessories Silicon earpiece: 2 each of S, M and L

Perhaps the Pezzo is a microdriver worthy of b9scramblers attention:)
Looks good I still love my Carbo Tenore

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #38,082 of 101,420
Found this little player on ebay and decided I would be the guinea pig for it's since I have a use for a clip style sports player...
$_3.JPG

Interesting and seems great for run or ball playing regardless of the weather. It's just plain cheap($20-ish for 8gb, $30 for 16GB) so not afraid to expose it but it seems to be water resistant and the fast charge is pretty nuts at 5 minutes for 6 hours, 20 minutes for 38 hours. BT is 4.2 but you really don't need it being 1.5 x 1.46 x .39 inches. Still nice to have when you want to cut the cord esp. when it is time to bundle up. Searched for more images and found the clip is snap on and can be removed. Best part for me about a small clip player is the little volume knob right on the front flanked by the RW and FF buttons. Power button is on the top and separate as is the jack so phones plugged in won't make buttons tough to press...
$_3.JPG

Seems great for those left side chest pockets I have on a few jackets and hoodies as well as on the belt.

Some mumbo jumbo about the SQ and power...
$_3.JPG

but not expecting too much from something so small that can run for 38 hours. Just has to work as it should, be easy to use, and sound good enough. It does play WAV, FLAC, MP3 and all that...

SPECS:
Size / Weight: Size 3.8cm * 3.7cm * 1cm/1.50*1.46*0.39in
Body weight:about 36g
Memory: 8G
Display: 1.2-inch OLED color display
Resolution: 800*480
Music format: MP3, WMA, wav, ape, flac
Bluetooth: Bluetooth version 4.2; it can connect Bluetooth headset, stereo, car audio.
Play time: 38 hours continuous music playback, standby 15 days
EQ sound effects: normal, rock, funk
Lyrics format: LRC
E-book: txt lrc
FM radio: 87.5MHz-108MHZ/76MHz-90MHz
Recording format: WAV
Frequency range: 20HZ-20KHz
Signal to noise ratio: greater than or equal to 90db
Headphone output: stereo channel output
Menu language, English, Korean, Japanese

We'll see when it come if it does make a tiny and versatile little beast to use outdoors and for exercise. Time to sweep up those leaves soon enough and should be something to match up with my incoming **** PT25 that just made it through customs. Player >>> FiiO shortcord MMCX(40CM) >>> PT25 seems a good set-up.:)
I'm listening to PT25 now - burning them in since Tuesday. Does the player play & record FM radio in stereo? - they're usually mono only....

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #38,083 of 101,420
Received both brothers today, Audbos P4 and Tenhz P4 Pro.

My early impressions:

According to the FR graphs on the box both tunings are identical, but I hear differences - I assume mainly caused by differences in the fit.

Both tend to reproduce the flat reference tuning as per graph. Both are musical though.

Built: Pro > P4
Fit: P4 > Pro, at least for me. P4 covers everything and they dig deeper
Tonality: P4 > Pro, because of the deeper insertion the P4 have the darker and for me more natural tone. Pro is reference leaner and lighter
Bass: P4 = Pro, P4 digs deeper and has more quantity, maybe due to the deeper insertion. A few dB north of neutral for my ears. Pro bass is more balanced out within the three sections. Sub bass experience is not overly given.
Mids: P4 > Pro, Pro mids are very prominent and appear kind of shouty to me and remind me a bit of the RE-400 or FLC8S mids while the P4 mids have the more natural sounding positioning.
Highs: P4 = Pro, Sparkling, reaches far
Staging: P4 > Pro, both have a wide stage, but Pro is far more intimate, while P4's voice position is better centered in the show
Details: both show loads
Refinement: I heard better with other IEM, but it is good for the price. E.g. the Pinnacle P1 cable helped both in this matter

- both sound crystal clear
- Cymbals sound realistic
- Male voices are more natural with the P4 and thinner with the Pro
- Pro sounds more reference, more neutral while P4 more lifelike

Price/performance ratio is outstanding. It's very early, but I like both but prefer the P4 ATM

Very quick comparison with my Rose Mini4 made me nervous. Appears to be a tough head to head to head race
Thanks! I've been trying to decide on which pair to order..all day!

Sep 29, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #38,084 of 101,420
I have a great disappointment with BGVP, wich is ds1. A hype i myself helped to create and share. Sorry, lol. Now, with more experience i can see that these are nothing special AT ALL. @Dsnuts was one of the few who has said that the ds1s are actually not that good. So I am trusting on him, and i will be certainly looking further to this thread. Let's see what you guys can tell us about the DMG promisse. I am trusting the bad guy good audio because his views on iems seems very coherent with what I hear and read from personal trust sources.
I remember your statement on the thread..but the most initial DS1 were only good, after that, it got weird in tuning. One was bassy(well that was still okay) and other was shouty(which bgvp sold as tn forum version) after some time

Sep 29, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #38,085 of 101,420
So DMG or secret gardens?
The secret gardens are in a league above in my opinion. The secret garden easily justify the price difference between the 2. They both are on the more fun side of the sound spectrum, but the secret garden is a tier or 2 above in nearly every sound and technical measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back