The discovery thread!
Oct 21, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #30,901 of 104,726
  Here is some measurement I did on both. Each driver I did 2 measurements. You can see below that the Red & Blue graphs for Bette 10mm hybrid is mildly V shape, exactly like what I perceived.  While the Green and Light Blue graphs are for the Bette 8mm, it is showing exactly what I hear, extreme bass roll off starting from the mids.

I know nothing. But even this guy who knows nothing thinks that those 8mm  measurements are severely lacking in bass! Whoa.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #30,902 of 104,726
I bought the Bette i.Valux hybrid IEM relying on the review I read here.  I bought both the 8mm and 10mm.  But I'm puzzled if my 8mm is faulty or not. The 8mm has NO BASS!!!
I have burnt-in both for more than 100 hours.  While I quite like the 10mm, mildly V shape with fun character, but I'm disappointed with the 8mm due to the severely lacking of bass. Is it normal that this 8mm is severely lacking in bass?

Both has nice smooth and detailed mids and treble, excellent quality of mids and highs at this price point. But the 8mm bass is missing.
I plan to show the measurement result to the seller and to refund the 8mm if it is suspected faulty.

Here is some measurement I did on both. Each driver I did 2 measurements. You can see below that the Red & Blue graphs for Bette 10mm hybrid is mildly V shape, exactly like what I perceived.  While the Green and Light Blue graphs are for the Bette 8mm, it is showing exactly what I hear, extreme bass roll off starting from the mids.

Are you sure that 8mm dynamic driver is working? You should have gotten a faulty pair.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #30,903 of 104,726
Are you sure that 8mm dynamic driver is working? You should have gotten a faulty pair.

That's why I'm looking for feedback from Bette 8mm owners here. Wondering if their Bette 8mm bass is lacking as well. Because I read a while ago about the comparison of Bette 8mm, 10mm, and Granvela Urbanfan, 8mm reported as having the least bass among the 3. But I didn't expect to be this severe.

Another thought, if this is a faulty IEM, it is a rare coincident that both channels are showing similar frequency response. I ever received faulty new IEM, where one channel sounded weird, but never both channels faulty at the same time.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #30,904 of 104,726
Oct 22, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #30,905 of 104,726
apologies if this has been posted but it is rather impressive given the price.

Hybrid ( Tube preamp section to Solid State final ) speaker amp with a headphone jack
PLUS Bluetooth,
YES SPEAKER TERMINALS.
Especially important ( to me anyhow ) is all the actual legit safety certification .
No idea on headphone out impedance but since the main follower amp section is solid state it's likely reasonable. Also no idea as to how decent the headphone out is.

When you see the link you will know they are likely purchasing in large quantity so that will be a factor in the  price.

Guess how much.
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10919&cs_id=1091903&p_id=13194&seq=1&format=2

Maybe I am late to the game on this one, but damn. 

Ok back to the regular stuff.

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #30,906 of 104,726

Hybrid ( Tube preamp section to Solid State final ) speaker amp with a headphone jack
PLUS Bluetooth,
YES SPEAKER TERMINALS.
Especially important ( to me anyhow ) is all the actual legit safety certification .
No idea on headphone out impedance but since the main follower amp section is solid state it's likely reasonable. Also no idea as to how decent the headphone out is.

When you see the link you will know they are likely purchasing in large quantity so that will be a factor in the  price.

Guess how much.
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10919&cs_id=1091903&p_id=13194&seq=1&format=2

That thing looks friggin' awsome, and the price ain't bad at all. I've got tube amp fever, and cowbell ain't gonna cure it. Is this the one???

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #30,907 of 104,726
class A/B 
25 watts per channel.
Hook up yer DAP to it through an rca to trs cable and as they say master wayne "looks great in any office, study, or even in the midst of the swankiest cocktail party."   :)

But wait as an extra bonus  you can then start the nasty advancement into some small decent speakers.

I wonder if it cuts out speakers when you insert the headphones. Or if it requires a dummy load ( simple resistor setup ) in place of speakers assuming you were simply using the headphone out ( might be fine as-is )?

You should email them I think...

or if you don't need speakers and bling I hear these are good. Project Starlight is in the same pricerange, 3 impedance settings.
http://www.garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_007.htm

^This Garage 1217 stuff is what I would get honestly...but I am in zero need of amps. Stuff under the bed and tucked away in cabinets as it is.

Only reason I posted the Monoprice one was the value involved for someone who might want a small speaker setup also, with added "flair" factor..

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #30,908 of 104,726

PLUS Bluetooth,
YES SPEAKER TERMINALS.

Guess how much.

OH MY.... You made my morning very audio-horny! Price and BQ seems stunning!

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #30,910 of 104,726
  http://news.kakaku.com/prdnews/cd=kaden/ctcd=2046/id=51804/

woW! O_o These look gorgeous!

Radius HP-TWF41
Dual Diaphragm Matrix
108±3dB/mW
10Hz~40000Hz
20mW
32Ω
18g

Radius HP-TWF31
Dual Diaphragm Matrix
108±3dB/mW
10Hz~45000Hz
20mW
32Ω
17g

Official product page: http://www.radius.co.jp/products/hp-twf41/

Some other interesting IEM`s from them too:

Radius HP-TWF11
15mm/7mm Dual Diaghragm/CCAW
105dB/mW
10Hz~18000Hz
20mW
24Ω
15g

Radius HP-NHR21
High-MFD System
13.0mm
103±3dB (@1KHz/100mV input)
5Hz〜40000Hz
5mW
17Ω±15%
18g

That last IEM has unconventional interesting shaped tips...

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #30,911 of 104,726
Ahh a Radius product?

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #30,912 of 104,726
Originally Posted by nick n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PLUS Bluetooth,
YES SPEAKER TERMINALS.

Guess how much.

I was looking at that some time ago and I didn't find any good reviews, some people were complaining about SQ, other about quality of the manufacturing.

Anyway I've got myself Little Bear P8 board from ebay as headphone amp / pre-amp and small TDA3116 board to work as power amp. Only thing I need to complain is that I hear pop in the speakers when turning on, but the SQ is outstanding, both on HP out and speakers.
Little Bear P8 is running very hot!

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #30,913 of 104,726
Got LZ a1 & a2.

The first two pictures are a1 and the other three are a2.
Only listened to a2 a little bit. Great phones! Very clear and clean. Tend to bright sound, very balanced. Excellent separation, very dtailed, very large soundstage.
More comments later.

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #30,914 of 104,726
  http://news.kakaku.com/prdnews/cd=kaden/ctcd=2046/id=51804/

So. Get one :) Then I'll loan you the CKS1100 so you can compare the two provided that you send them back my way along with the CKS
tongue.gif

Potential here with the piezo for the highs. Hopefully more unique than the TWF21. TWF11, I bought and was unique. Horrible fit but it was the CKR way before the CKR came to be. I loaned the 11 to Joker for a review and when he got his hands on the TWF21 he loaned them to me and they were good and still score pretty well but just not as unique or special though fit was easier. CKR and FXT have that more unique presentation and I hope the TWF31 and 41 go back to it. They did have the two post position before AT and keep it here. That is the one thing the CKS1100 has left out so I'll have to go with short and long tips to compensate:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back