The discovery thread!
Dec 29, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #226 of 99,829
Honestly I don't think any earphone should be recommended widely based on how it sounds with EQ. Just my opinion. But a lot of people can't be arsed, and then there are people like me who listen to a lot of music via web-based streaming services(last.fm, Grooveshark, Google Music, Mog, Rdio, etc.) with no access to EQ. I need my stuff to sound good the way they are.

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #227 of 99,829

Quote:
Honestly I don't think any earphone should be recommended widely based on how it sounds with EQ. Just my opinion. But a lot of people can't be arsed, and then there are people like me who listen to a lot of music via web-based streaming services(last.fm, Grooveshark, Google Music, Mog, Rdio, etc.) with no access to EQ. I need my stuff to sound good the way they are.

Ditto. The one IEM that I even bothered to mess with is the 8320 because of it's low price. Even then, I only used the stock eq presets on my iphone.

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #228 of 99,829
Fine then guys. I'm glad people like dsnuts are liking these phiips fine just as they are then :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #229 of 99,829
Just received my TT's.  Ootb on stock tips the sibilance is pretty crazy.  Do you guys have any recommendations for a variety grab bag of tips that will work to tame these?  Definitely going to do a hefty burn in on'em too.

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #230 of 99,829

Quote:
Just received my TT's.  Ootb on stock tips the sibilance is pretty crazy.  Do you guys have any recommendations for a variety grab bag of tips that will work to tame these?  Definitely going to do a hefty burn in on'em too.

Sony hybrids are cool, as well as the meelec biflanges. If you have any other tips laying around, try them out and see if they fit.

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #231 of 99,829
Nice EQ settings. I approximated them by dragging the mouse around. However it's imprecise. And my Foobar crashes everytime I try to import a preset. Any suggestions how to do this to get the smooth curves u have?

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #232 of 99,829
Jelt you want to use George Yohng‘s VST wrapper instead of foobar‘s VST support. It supports just about any VST I use better than foobar itself. Only drawback is it only supports one VST at a time. Will post a link when I get home.

edit: here's the link: http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #233 of 99,829
Isusus Stuff:

@Dsnuts

So it seems that the tips are very important for the Isurus could, everyone do some testing and recommendations, and add to the OP.

Some good find, cheap and good.

Sony Hybrid (EP-EX10A) Comply TX100, Monster Gel Super Tips, Foam Super Tips, Shure Olives, etc...... almost cost the same as Isurus.

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #234 of 99,829
Ya I think the Isurus benefits from tips more than any other earphone I have. One clue is maybe sound deadening material or foam style tips and then there was my pic of a smaller hole tip..I thought I was using Sony tips but they are not. I have had so many Iems with extra tips I throw all of them in the same bag so I apologize for not knowing exactly what tip that is but I do know I actually get better balance from that particular tip.. I hope we can figure out what exactly will work best for these so you guys can all help me figure this out for the rest of the guys.. Throw up your pics of tips you all settled on to help others.

And to all.  I know you guys are not partial to eqing.. Seriously you all think I would add the Philips SHE3580 on one of my threads because it is lacking? Just the opposite. I was so damn impressed even more so than the XePort 3010 which is also a great sounding proper cheapo. I would put these SHE3580 a step above those.  Joe got the optimal sound using his EQ.You gotta remember that is his sound preference. You know what, without eq I will tell you guys it sounds fantastic..Worth the money to try out. You guys think I would immediately buy 2 more if I thought it was lacking?  If the Isurus sounds equivalent to a $200 earphone the SHE3580 easily sound like a $100 one to my ears.. You guys are getting sound that is X10 more than what you pay for both of them easily.. Without hesitation I can tell you guys the SHE3580 will impress., Heck some might actually like it more than the isurus.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #235 of 99,829
I got the Philips SHE3580, I will test them when I get them and input to this thread what I think :)

Thanks for the suggestions dsnuts! It's nice to see someone trying something new and breathing fresh life into a hobby that gets a bit same old same old with choice.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #236 of 99,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And to all.  I know you guys are not partial to eqing.. Seriously you all think I would add the Philips SHE3580 on one of my threads because it is lacking? Just the opposite. I was so damn impressed even more so than the XePort 3010 which is also a great sounding proper cheapo. I would put these SHE3580 a step above those.  Joe got the optimal sound using his EQ.You gotta remember that is his sound preference. You know what, without eq I will tell you guys it sounds fantastic..Worth the money to try out. You guys think I would immediately buy 2 more if I thought it was lacking?  If the Isurus sounds equivalent to a $200 earphone the SHE3580 easily sound like a $100 one to my ears.. You guys are getting sound that is X10 more than what you pay for both of them easily.. Without hesitation I can tell you guys the SHE3580 will impress., Heck some might actually like it more than the isurus.

... and many people share your opinion so far.  I was just trying to help out someone who doesn't seem to like them out of the box and seems to have the same problem I was having.  You and most people find the Philips an even easier listen than the Isurus, even a bit dark, right?  So it seems GigiFi and I are actually in the minority here.

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #239 of 99,829

Quote:
Well well well. What have we here?

I'll put up comparisons later

Cool..... Even you find GR07 better than TT, tell us how far is it TT,  from GR07 in overall SQ.

Thx.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #240 of 99,829
That is what makes our hobby so dynamic just like the stuff we all listen to. I don't expect the TT to best the GR07 and I can tell you they aren't better than the EX600. Rather they are a good compliment and are on that level of sound.. I expect many to get their TTs very soon.. Happy listening fellas and remember. Try different tips and burn it with some flame! Something hot!

ri-toast. What tip you try out.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back