The discovery thread!
Dec 29, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #256 of 98,046
Glad you like them. I felt the same way when I heard them. I might have been more impressed than you, so much so I ended up getting online to order some more. I burned them all day and when I popped them into my ears I couldn't believe that sound comes from those small tiny earphones. It is magical.  Try out all your music on them they are impressive indeed. Great for casual listening.

My after thought after auditioning was maybe Philips as a company has been grossly misrepresented at headfi.  I was tempted to buy their entire line of earphones to try them out but opted for another in the SHE9550. Believe me the SHE3580 is an anomaly.. Anyone curious enough after trying out the SHE3580 to get some of the others. Please let us know on this thread how the other earphones are.. I can without a doubt say the SHE3580 is superior to the SHE9550 Rich bass. I am selling my SHE9550 as they are nothing special. The SHE 3580 would be an upgrade in sound. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #257 of 98,046

Quote:
My Philips SHE3580 were in the mail today. Man I hate packages that you have to destroy to open!

the back panel is actually perforated and there is a finger hole at the top.  You can just poke your finger in there and pull the entire back off.  I almost missed it.

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #258 of 98,046
Quote:
the back panel is actually perforated and there is a finger hole at the top.  You can just poke your finger in there and pull the entire back off.  I almost missed it.

Thanks, I saw the finger hole and perforation, but only about two thirds of the back came off easily and I still had to use scissors for the rest. Anyway, even ripping along a perforation means essentially destroying the plastic package. Can't help it, I hugely prefer good old-fashioned cardboard boxes.

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #261 of 98,046
Got my Isurus today. Not the build quality I expected. No metal outside of the screen mesh. In the battle of the $15 Xeport 5010 and the Isurus, the Xeport is all metal with a great cord and the Isurus has a rubbery J-cord that is thin and tangly after the Y. Similar to the EX600 in the latter respect. They have nicer packaging than something like the Xeport but the tips and case aren't really any better. I like the look, size, and shape of the case as it is great to put a player in on one side and the earphones on the other and still be very pocketable. The Isurus do come with a decent little clip which is a bonus and can be useful if you find the mic bobbling around.

I need to burn them in and try out tips and such. They sound good. I will compare them to my Carvin EM902(sent the EX600 away) and my TF10(Silver Ray cabled) after they burn in a while.

The case is gonna be very usable, the packaging is nice, the build is only worth about the $15.73 that I paid though. I like the fit and comfort. The sound is more than worth the $15.73. I also don't mind a J-cord. I think they are a better value than something like the Brookstone dual driver that Joker and I decided to introduce. The Thermaltake has a bit lower build quality but has better packaging, accessories, and sound quality for a much cheaper price. Things like the Brookstone and Xears models are no longer great values with the likes of the Isurus and Xeport models around now. The budget bar is really moving lately and that is good!

I'll update with my findings versus the other two at a later time. I no longer have the Xeport. I did like the Xeport. They did impress even vs. my stock TF10 but after the Silver Ray cable I gave them away. So it will be Isurus vs. Carvin($49) and modded TF10(total price $195).

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #262 of 98,046

Quote:
Got my Isurus today. Not the build quality I expected. No metal outside of the screen mesh. In the battle of the $15 Xeport 5010 and the Isurus, the Xeport is all metal with a great cord and the Isurus has a rubbery J-cord that is thin and tangly after the Y. Similar to the EX600 in the latter respect. They have nicer packaging than something like the Xeport but the tips and case aren't really any better. I like the look, size, and shape of the case as it is great to put a player in on one side and the earphones on the other and still be very pocketable. The Isurus do come with a decent little clip which is a bonus and can be useful if you find the mic bobbling around.

I need to burn them in and try out tips and such. They sound good. I will compare them to my Carvin EM902(sent the EX600 away) and my TF10(Silver Ray cabled) after they burn in a while.

The case is gonna be very usable, the packaging is nice, the build is only worth about the $15.73 that I paid though. I like the fit and comfort. The sound is more than worth the $15.73. I also don't mind a J-cord. I think they are a better value than something like the Brookstone dual driver that Joker and I decided to introduce. The Thermaltake has a bit lower build quality but has better packaging, accessories, and sound quality for a much cheaper price. Things like the Brookstone and Xears models are no longer great values with the likes of the Isurus and Xeport models around now. The budget bar is really moving lately and that is good!

I'll update with my findings versus the other two at a later time. I no longer have the Xeport. I did like the Xeport. They did impress even vs. my stock TF10 but after the Silver Ray cable I gave them away. So it will be Isurus vs. Carvin($49) and modded TF10(total price $195).

Remember to change tips

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #263 of 98,046
Actually that is a YMMV thing. I know I'll probably find better sounding tips but I don't have a problem with the way the stock tips sound. Good bass and not harsh or bright. I believe you found them harsh with a lot of treble. I find a decent balance with a little more bass than treble.

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #264 of 98,046

Quote:
Actually that is a YMMV thing. I know I'll probably find better sounding tips but I don't have a problem with the way the stock tips sound. Good bass and not harsh or bright. I believe you found them harsh with a lot of treble. I find a decent balance with a little more bass than treble.

I guess we really all hear differently 
redface.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #265 of 98,046
...because they fit differently
tongue.gif
. I can now see the Isurus are quite shallow fitting and you put M6 tips which are longer. My canals don't need longer tips so the stock sound fine with them. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #267 of 98,046

Quote:
...because they fit differently
tongue.gif
. I can now see the Isurus are quite shallow fitting and you put M6 tips which are longer. My canals don't need longer tips so the stock sound fine with them. 

Actually it wasn't even about the length. I used the stock GR07 single flange silicone on the Isurus to do the comparison. It's just a matter of the bore size of the tip. I find that slightly smaller bores help tame the treble

OMG j-cord. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
angry_face.gif

HA! You didn't know? I find it kinda convenient...You probably won't mind it that much once it's in your hands

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #268 of 98,046
The SHE3580 on the other hand has a Y-cord if you're still interested
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 29, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #269 of 98,046

Quote:
Eke

Do you have any experience with the Tfi10s? Can you compare the GR07s to TFi10s? Are they any similar, better worse?
Another member said here that (of course his opinion) the Isurus is actually better than the TFI10s. I can understand better than many but TFi10s?

Any input will be appreciated. Looking forward to receiving these from Ebay.
Looks like the one I purchased from ebay already sold 10 in the last few days (since this thread became live) :)

i have the tf10s, in a nutshell both are full range with the tf10s having a recessed midrange, the Tts have a very smooth midrange presentation. soundstage is nearly as good as the tf10s. i have the comply tips on the Tt right now that have the wax guard (bit-o-foam built in) 12 hours on the burn and now in my ears. i do plan on a full 100 hours of burn but thought i'd leave this early impression. mid bass hump, warmish, goes pretty low http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833 both tones play at nearly the same volume. i have iems that don't do these tones as well that i plan on keeping. initially when i first listened the bass was like the klipsch x10, mids and treble are much more advanced  on the Tts....that's where i stopped. again, early days in the burn.

i got mine on ebay too out of NY, seller started with 18 now has four...
two reviews i'd read said "don't expect too much as far as music goes" the other said "none of the tips fit, sounds awful"

Nice find Dsnuts, another winner! *ding* *ding*

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #270 of 98,046
No I just got it. Opened it a few minutes ago and saw the j-cord. I got mine in red! Me likey. The stock tips seemed fine but I threw some Monster silicons on there anyway.

Quote:

Actually it wasn't even about the length. I used the stock GR07 single flange silicone on the Isurus to do the comparison. It's just a matter of the bore size of the tip. I find that slightly smaller bores help tame the treble

HA! You didn't know? I find it kinda convenient...You probably won't mind it that much once it's in your hands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back