The discovery thread!
Dec 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #196 of 100,949
Yeah the phillips, the t400's are the ue fitment so will probably be the same, they'll grip but it won't be snug like the original tips are.

I suppose some nail polish will work, anyway im happy with the stock buds for now.

Actually looking at that link, the olives look a tiny fraction smaller than the ue buds, must be worth a shot for what is an excellent bud anyway.

Well seems you can stretch em, ok i'll order a bunch.

Btw my phillips adore the p4, they are like a whole new iem all over again.

Quote:
You got the Philips right?  I know that Comply T-400 tips fit them, don't know about shure olives.  Do those come in different sizes?  The one I saw here seems too small in inner diameter. (compare with the T-400's inner diameter further down the page)

Quote:
The Isurus or philips?

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #197 of 100,949
for the Olives...they stretch like crazy.  I use a fine tip needle nose plier and can stretch it to three times the size without lasting damage to the nozzle or the foam.  kinda insane actually.  If you dont mind the effort they will go on the philips just fine.

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #200 of 100,949

Quote:
so how do the She3580 compare to similar prices m6/m9?

and about the isurus... are they sibilant?

Forget about comparing the lower end of the MEELectronics to these. These best the CC51 in every single way. The isurus can be sibilant depending on track. These do have a brighter sound signature but not so crazy that it is unlistenable. It is more of a detail oriented earphone. These do need a bigger longer burn in session but the highs do tame and you get awesome detail if your willing to put in the time to do the burn.

If you are sensitive to extended highs and detail on the upper half of the spectrum and want an easier listening phone go for the philips. Or go for 2 like I did almost immediately after I heard them. A bit of crock. Amazon wont let you get 3 to save on shipping to get a 3rd. SO you end up getting 2 and then they charge you shipping..

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #201 of 100,949
thats funny because I have had an owner of the M6 tell me he returned his she3580 because he didnt like it as much.  Just an example of how impression should be guidelines and you have to trust your own ears.  When it comes to sound quality there arent very many things that can be stated as absolute truths because of all of the variables...including a persons range of hearing, fit, and just good old fashioned preferences.  

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #202 of 100,949

Quote:
Forget about comparing the lower end of the MEELectronics to these. These best the CC51 in every single way. The isurus can be sibilant depending on track. These do have a brighter sound signature but not so crazy that it is unlistenable. It is more of a detail oriented earphone. These do need a bigger longer burn in session but the highs do tame and you get awesome detail if your willing to put in the time to do the burn.

If you are sensitive to extended highs and detail on the upper half of the spectrum and want an easier listening phone go for the philips.

I have the cc51 at the moment... which are high but not sibilant (which is what i wanted after much of the eternas), but you are telling me the She3580 outperform them?... and then Isurus?

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #203 of 100,949
The CC51 was a decent deal for what I got them for but to me even my MP 8320 sounded more proper. The CC51 is a congested sounding earphone to me and the colored bass don't help that sound in any way..It is interesting that those got such a good rating yet they have a congested sound. The highs are sparkly but the mids and bass pushes the sound too forward for my liking.

I can say without reservation both the Isurus and the Philips are superior in sound quality.. The isurus is more like that higher end headphone "audiophile" sound with awesome detail for dynamic drivers.  The Philips is that unexpected earphone that not only sound proper but manages to have some of the best proper bass levels I have heard on anything so cheap. IT is not just all about the bass end either. The smoothness of the overall sound signature is so smooth it is remarkable that this sound comes from an earphone that is so small. Detailing and imagery is also better than the price would indicate. I only wish the sound staging was a bit wider but for what is there I would say nothing is truly lacking on the SHE3580.

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #206 of 100,949

Still waiting on my SHE3580s. One thing Dsnuts didn't mention(or I didn't notice) is, that if you get the Philips SHE9550, for the extra $2-3 you get a case to carry or store them in. 

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #208 of 100,949
Ding!! On this corner The Sony EX600!. To my right is a new comer the Thermaltake Isurus
Well isn't this a surprise. Sq wise I would actually put these 2 in a draw..Both of these have extended highs the Isurus does have just a tad more brighter sound and the EX600 does win in the sound staging.. The imagery and detail on more intricate Jazz tunes is almost the same if not the same. Astounding. Vocals I actually like more so on the Isurus because the EX600 sound a bit recessed to me and a bit thinner. I think it might have to do with how the driver is angled to the ear as opposed to being flat on them on the isurus. The Bass.. Isaurus is the winner here. Stronger punch. Quality wise both excellent. Sub Bass on the Isurus has stronger presence in hiphop tunes.. Either one does detail better than the other. The amount of detail on both are a DRAW. I can honestly say the isurus SQ is about equal to the much more expensive EX600. You guys that own the EX600 will understand once you get your isurus. The reason why I threw on the word Substantial find on my thread is. If the EX600 is the bench mark for what a dynamic earphone sounds like in the $200 range. The Isurus sound quality is right up there. In other words you guys are getting a $200 sounding earphone with added mic for $20-$35. That my friends, I would consider substantial.

@Eke2k6. If you get the EX600. You will be angry cus you would get a side grade over the isurus. I am curious to know how the isurus stack up to your GR07 actually. I am sure you will let us know in due time.
Another find.  The highs does change on the isurus with different tips.. Take a look at this. So in having a smaller sound hole on the tip actually makes the isurus sound better. The highs are much more in line vs having a bigger sound hole the one on the left. With bigger sound hole It is much more brighter sounding and sibilance will happen. On the right the smaller sound hole controls the highs and gives a better sound. SO if you guys are trying out different tips look for smaller holes. I have no idea what iems these tips are from but the sound hole is a bit smaller even than the Sony hybrids. The hybrids seem to add to the brightness instead. Weird..Try different tips.

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #210 of 100,949
Dsnuts Rocks, 2 days to have mines $200 IME for $30.......cool!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back