The discovery thread!
Oct 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #15,271 of 106,773

+ 1
beerchug.gif

Obviously we need graphs and pie charts and Erlenmeyer flasks.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #15,276 of 106,773
  ^ At first glance I thought, wow, those headphones sound exactly the same! Then I realized they were the same earphone lol

The really funny thing is that the graph doesn't represent how they sound AT ALL. Garbage graph. As Sf says.. doodle-art graph!

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #15,277 of 106,773
Oct 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #15,278 of 106,773
The denial here is funny, it's a fact it has a 16db bass boost, those guys that measured have expertise, no offense but the comments here are just wild guesses. Then again this whole thread tends to recommend what I consider bloated bass iems, wish more heard real quality bass like the UM 3DDs

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #15,279 of 106,773
The denial here is funny, it's a fact it has a 16db bass boost, those guys that measured have expertise, no offense but the comments here are just wild guesses. Then again this whole thread tends to recommend what I consider bloated bass iems, wish more heard real quality bass like the Miracle 3DDs

^

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #15,280 of 106,773
Well, once again I am led into temptation by Dsnuts! Stopped into Best Buy during lunch. They had the headphones all set up at a listening station... and they all sounded bloody awful. Seriously, why put them out for listening if your equipment is going to make every headphone sound like crap?

After I surreptitiously disconnected the cables underneath the display and connected them directly to my Clip, things improved immensely. In my brief listening I preferred the sound of the DJ1500 to the DJ2000. The 2000 seemed a little more muddy to me, but this was only listening to a couple of songs straight out of the Clip. For comfort the 2000 was miles better.

Anyway, I walked out with the 1500. Brought it back to my desk and I'm not too impressed by the very first listen. The highs are too harsh and it's uncomfortable. But, based on the store set I'm hoping a little break-in will improve the sound, and putting the HM5 pads on will improve the comfort. Otherwise I can always take them back.
smile.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #15,281 of 106,773
The denial here is funny, it's a fact it has a 16db bass boost, those guys that measured have expertise, no offense but the comments here are just wild guesses. Then again this whole thread tends to recommend what I consider bloated bass iems, wish more heard real quality bass like the UM 3DDs

And you jumped into that thread and posted some pretty strong impressions without ever having listened to them.

Here we go again 
frown.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #15,283 of 106,773
^ it's a GREAT feature isn't it :)

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #15,285 of 106,773

most here on this thread dont have cash needed to land ourselves a pair like that. So to help the little guy in a sense those members of this community who dont have income to afford great iems like that we go and explore new and old gear that generally performs amazingly at its price point. Audio tends to be more bass oriented at the price points recommended on this thread however not all of it is bass focused. I too wish to listen to the 3DD but I make my way with what I can afford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back