The discovery thread!
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #39,572 of 100,010
Advanced Sound Elise...Tiny, comfy, quality bass, vocals are forward and engaging, Treble present but on the darker side. OOTB hour of listening. Wish there was a stress relief at housing but oh well. The cermanic housings are top notch. Stock tips (pictured) are nice but using Black KZ Stars

20181116_160957.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #39,573 of 100,010
@mbwilson111 & @Dsnuts - You guys both said you got the latest lucky bag sale from NiceHCK right? OMG - mine got hear today and for $10 they are simply amazing. I can't find anything on the model name on NiceHCK's website yet so I am pretty certain this is the introduction of a new model. Solid metal chrome plated teardrop shaped shell with extension around the first inch of cable (similar to eb2 but heavier) Reminds me of a chrome plated apple bud in shape. Sound is big, full, and well controlled. I wont be surprised if retail on this one is $50 or more. I've got them on a burn in loop now to see what if anything 24 hours of burn-in does for the driver. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when you have them in hand.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #39,574 of 100,010
Oh dang. Those look legit. Sorry my friend I kinda went overboard on the 11.11 purchase and I was not gonna spend a penny more. I haven't paid my bill yet for the Solaris and I went ahead and spent another $500 on stuff. Not good. I have no doubt that phone is gonna rock. It is a nice surprise. Looking forward to how they turn out for you.

Nov 16, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #39,575 of 100,010
@mbwilson111 & @Dsnuts - You guys both said you got the latest lucky bag sale from NiceHCK right? OMG - mine got hear today and for $10 they are simply amazing. I can't find anything on the model name on NiceHCK's website yet so I am pretty certain this is the introduction of a new model. Solid metal chrome plated teardrop shaped shell with extension around the first inch of cable (similar to eb2 but heavier) Reminds me of a chrome plated apple bud in shape. Sound is big, full, and well controlled. I wont be surprised if retail on this one is $50 or more. I've got them on a burn in loop now to see what if anything 24 hours of burn-in does for the driver. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when you have them in hand.

Looks very nice for a 10$ iem.

Nov 16, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #39,576 of 100,010

Am I weird that I wanted to wait and be surprised when I got mine? I was hoping that there would not be photos until more people had them... especially since it is still available... 82 pieces left. There were only supposed to be 520 originally.

Nov 16, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #39,577 of 100,010
Am I weird that I wanted to wait and be surprised when I got mine? I was hoping that there would not be photos until more people had them... especially since it is still available... 82 pieces left. There were only supposed to be 520 originally.

Sorry, didn't mean to ruin the surprise. I was just amazed at what it was - wasnt expecting these.

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #39,578 of 100,010
Not a fan of the shape, I hate ear buds. Strictly speaking these are IEM’s but the shape probably means they won’t stay in my ears. Might end gifting them. :ksc75smile:

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #39,579 of 100,010
Amazingly the DM6 is starting to show some improvement after some burn-in, though I’m going for 200 hours total in the end. The best way to describe it would be smoothing out and frequency polish around the edges. They are becoming more cohesive, coherent and the bass has possibly recessed ever so slighly while maturing. I not a total burn-in believer as I have thought an IEM was burned-in and changed, then purchased a second brand-new pair only to find it sounded exactly like the burned-in pair. So I don’t know what’s going on here, but in the ends it’s all good.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #39,580 of 100,010

I'm with you! At least it looks good though. It would be really disappointing if the surprise was gone and they looked crappy.

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #39,581 of 100,010
Sorry, didn't mean to ruin the surprise. I was just amazed at what it was - wasnt expecting these.

You are probably the only one who has them. Mine are in the air. Earliest I can expect them would be Monday or Tuesday. Maybe you should hide the photo for now?

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #39,582 of 100,010
Not a fan of the shape, I hate ear buds. Strictly speaking these are IEM’s but the shape probably means they won’t stay in my ears. Might end gifting them. :ksc75smile:
I have the same problem.

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #39,584 of 100,010
You are probably the only one who has them. Mine are in the air. Earliest I can expect them would be Monday or Tuesday. Maybe you should hide the photo for now?
Pulled the photo.

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #39,585 of 100,010
Anybody have any impressions of the HQ12? I asked for the FR and they rebuffed me. Likely no one has heard it yet since it's so new.
You mean the seller rebuffed you??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back