1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. Otto Motor

Hey, I "
    burnt in" my AKG K550 for 350 hours - and they sounded somewhat "burnt-out" thereafter. Joke aside, I couldn't hear a difference. But if people perceive burnt-in earphones as sounding better, then they did the right thing.

2. Otto Motor
    That's a bushfire!

3. reiserFS
    Any recommendations when it comes to 10BAs or more?

4. dweaver
    Ordered the ES100 and a balanced trrs mmcx cable so will see what I think of that :).

Must resist buying anything else...

5. chinmie
    if you burn them straight 24 hours a day that is.

naturally burning it while using (let say 2 to 3 hours usage a day) would take almost a year

even that is practically achievable. i have several studio gears (speaker and mx50 headphone) that i have for around 15 years...well that passes 1000 hours several times over easily :dt880smile:

6. crabdog
    According to this thread that should mean your mx50's now sound like the best headphones in the world. An MX50 with 1000 hours should sound better than a Susvara with 1-hour burn-in. Congrats, you just saved yourself $5850. :smiley:

7. chinmie
    yes.. and I'm willing to sell this for a mere $5849...well for you I'll give special price of $5845..but don't tell anyone :laughing:

8. Redcarmoose
    DSC_0744.jpg

I have to say three days burn-in did a nice change to the Magaosi K5, diminishing the aggressive mids, though still not quite enough bass. IMO

I can though see what people love with it in the end; due to being super detailed with delineated imaging.

a1851357224_16.jpg

Still this is really a unique IEM in my collection and finding it's different can add an exciting new tone with certain music.

Energize is pretty cool.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Bartig, chinmie, HungryPanda and 2 others like this.
  9. papa_mia
    Friends: After 250hrs of burning in, these turned out to be not quite as horrible as they were before. Hopefully with another 250hrs, they will finally bloom into something that I can enjoy.
    Me:
    [​IMG]

10. peter123
    This is getting ridiculous.......

11. Redcarmoose
    Head-Fi is always ridiculous. Nothing new here.

rayliam80, paulindss, Bartig and 5 others like this.
  12. jant71
    Can't be always just 100 hours of burn in or 300 or 1000. I want precision. I want to know it is 227 hours, 118 hours, or 942. I don't want someone telling me to burn in for a hundred hours when I can actually do it in 67. I could have saved 33 hours!

Toastybob, Adide, mbwilson111 and 2 others like this.
  13. superuser1
    The answer is 42

Toastybob, Adide, trellus and 2 others like this.
  14. chinerino
    its always 420 :)

paulindss, trellus, Lurk650 and 2 others like this.
  15. tripside
    Yawnnn