RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Jul 5, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #2,491 of 3,674
I praise them for 'up-cycling' ocean waste in the production of these cases etc, but agree there's zero thematic / stylistic correlation to the product.

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #2,492 of 3,674
I can sort of see the GITD being useful if you listen in bed a lot, particularly at night. The real crime here are those cases imo. The color schemes are just ?? and have absolutely no correlation with the IEMs themselves lol. Maybe they were trying to go for a hipster, throwback-ish look? Most of their other, recent cases don't seem to fall far from the tree. Either way, I just wish we'd get more cases like the Solaris 2020's...

Holocene-Case-Front-images-for-website.png

Mammoth-Case-Front-images-for-website.png

Solaris-2020-Brown-Cork-Case-Open-.jpg
Yes, the cases are, let’s say, a strange choice. Maybe they’re trying to corner the silent rave market? 😀

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #2,493 of 3,674
After the initial cringefest that is the "Never be the same again" on the back of the N6II Ti, I am now listening and am so far heavily impressed!
I'm so damn shallow....I really dislike that kind of thing. A few months ago friend suggested the iBasso IT07 as a mid-priced'ish set to hold me over whilst I looked around for something on the low-end of high-fi IEMs (so many qualifications here!! hahaha). I saw a pic and messaged him with "What is that 'In Tune' b.s. prominently printed on the ear pieces? No thanks." Yes, as I said, I am shallow. Some companies' aesthetic choices just confound me.

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #2,494 of 3,674
I can sort of see the GITD being useful if you listen in bed a lot, particularly at night. The real crime here are those cases imo. The color schemes are just ?? and have absolutely no correlation with the IEMs themselves lol. Maybe they were trying to go for a hipster, throwback-ish look? Most of their other, recent cases don't seem to fall far from the tree. Either way, I just wish we'd get more cases like the Solaris 2020's...

Holocene-Case-Front-images-for-website.png

Mammoth-Case-Front-images-for-website.png

Solaris-2020-Brown-Cork-Case-Open-.jpg
The color schemes on the cases are too Miami for me too :D

I'm so damn shallow....I really dislike that kind of thing. A few months ago friend suggested the iBasso IT07 as a mid-priced'ish set to hold me over whilst I looked around for something on the low-end of high-fi IEMs (so many qualifications here!! hahaha). I saw a pic and messaged him with "What is that 'In Tune' b.s. prominently printed on the ear pieces? No thanks." Yes, as I said, I am shallow. Some companies' aesthetic choices just confound me.
I also hate things like these, and if I have to be honest (and even more shallow about it), I was initially very disappointed by the unboxing because of it. It's just too much of a China meme for me to be okay with it when talking about a DAP that I paid close to 2000$ for (**** you EU taxes). That being said, I've spent several hours with it now and it is pure audio bliss with both the Mason FuSang and the A18S. Combines that rich texture of the P6 Pro, the dynamics that R2R is famous for and to top it off does it with a way more balanced/neutral tonality that is suitable for a broader range of monitors

It might just be the best DAP I've heard so far at any price point (when considering both tonality and technical ability - and easily the greatest treble I've heard to date

Disclaimer: it is way, way easier to shill DAPs than it is to shill IEMs. Please don't judge the fact that most DAPs receive very positive reviews - after all I am evaluating them with some of my favourite IEMs to date, so it is much, much harder to mess that up especially considering you can already get excellent sound with a PAW S1 for around 150 euros

Jul 5, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #2,495 of 3,674
Weren't some dinosaur bones toy glowing in the dark? Asspull callback by CA? Wouldn't the Comets obliterate both new IEMs then?

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,496 of 3,674
Me doing my best surprised face as everyone suddenly realises R2R knocks the pants off other DACs.

200 (3).gif

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #2,497 of 3,674
Me doing my best surprised face as everyone suddenly realises R2R knocks the pants off other DACs.

200 (3).gif
Same reaction when everyone starts recognizing the brilliance of a 1DD iem with ie900 haha

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #2,499 of 3,674
All I want from Campfire is to re-engineer their IEM’s so they aren’t so damn sensitive! Surely it can be done?! Other manufacturers seem to be able to do it…

I just want to enjoy my Andromeda and Solaris off regular dap’s goddamnit lol. I don’t care what colour it is or what hipster case it comes with. Just get rid of the hiss!

562FEF43-78BE-4682-9E59-0B301304E4BC.gif

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #2,500 of 3,674
Same reaction when everyone starts recognizing the brilliance of a 1DD iem with ie900 haha
Same reaction when you offer up your BLON 03 to your wife, she likes it, takes it off your hands and asks you what it costs. When you say $35, she thinks all of your other IEMs are under $100 too. That leaves a huge smile on my face. Of course, that's after you tell her you splurged on the $35 upgrade cable.

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #2,501 of 3,674
All I want from Campfire is to re-engineer their IEM’s so they aren’t so damn sensitive! Surely it can be done?! Other manufacturers seem to be able to do it…

I just want to enjoy my Andromeda and Solaris off regular dap’s goddamnit lol. I don’t care what colour it is or what hipster case it comes with. Just get rid of the hiss!

All I want is for Campfire Audio to make IEMs I like as much as their IEM Mesh bags. I have 8 of them. It would be nice if there were at least one Campfire IEM in them.

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/ca-mesh-iem-bag/

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #2,502 of 3,674

562FEF43-78BE-4682-9E59-0B301304E4BC.gif
This. And some people still blame the DAPs, then go telling everyone the DAP hisses. Drives me nuts.

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #2,503 of 3,674
This. And some people still blame the DAPs, then go telling everyone the DAP hisses. Drives me nuts.
:sweat_smile: uh oh... glances over shoulders

Jul 5, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #2,504 of 3,674
In my experience hissing is more of a source issue than an IEM issue. If Cayin, Lotoo, Shanling & Cowon can make DAPs with little to no hiss, why can't, say, Hiby?

Jul 5, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #2,505 of 3,674
In my experience hissing is more of a source issue than an IEM issue. If Cayin, Lotoo, Shanling & Cowon can make DAPs with little to no hiss, why can't, say, Hiby?
Andromeda & Solaris hiss on almost every DAP I own lol. The only 2 I’ve heard that don’t hiss with them are DMP-Z1 and DX220 Max. I’ve resorted to only using dongles with CA IEM’s to avoid hiss.

No other IEM I own or heard has this problem (Erlky is the next worse for hiss, but nowhere near as bad as Andro/Solaris) so I personally think the issue is CA 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back