RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Feb 24, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #3,661 of 3,674
Anyone have a suggestion for a cable for the F5, comes with 3.5 need to move to 4.4 I have a Code 51 otherwise no other cables than stock, I liked the Chiron build from last years CanJam, though too expensive.
Thank you! If you plan on buying from MusicTeck they have the stock with 4.4 by default.

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #3,662 of 3,674
I liked the TuriiTi but in the end too bright. I think I am really sensitive to that, perhaps unusually so. Most of the sets I could not use are for this reason. I am buying a Fibae 5 need to have one of these sets after all that effort, plus today is my birthday. Anyway I do like it it is not just the best of these 8.

Anyone have a suggestion for a cable for the F5, comes with 3.5 need to move to 4.4 I have a Code 51 otherwise no other cables than stock, I liked the Chiron build from last years CanJam, though too expensive.

So excited to meet those that make the Journey to Time Square. Expect to spend more time talking than listening to gear, though I got to do both. Safe travels.
Quite interested in the new entry level Eletechs myself, they've revamped the design and they look gorgeous. Will probably get one of each in the coming days

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #3,663 of 3,674
Thank you! If you plan on buying from MusicTeck they have the stock with 4.4 by default.
Thanks you made a stunning set, thank you.

Feb 24, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #3,665 of 3,674
Finishing pre show testing, put away the last of the eight for good, sealed the fate of that set with Karrin Allyson track off the Ballads album Nancy.

F5 back in, yeah that is it, that sultry horn and cymbals barely touched. Just gorgeous. The timbre of her voice she seems such the gentle soul. “Sorry for you the girl has no sister, Nancy with the laughing face.”

Piano timbre sounds so correct to my ears with the F5 while still maintaining all the smoke in a voice such as Karrin’s, double bass notes where they belong. Bravo maestro’s.

Feb 24, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #3,666 of 3,674
Finishing pre show testing, put away the last of the eight for good, sealed the fate of that set with Karrin Allyson track off the Ballads album Nancy.

F5 back in, yeah that is it, that sultry horn and cymbals barely touched. Just gorgeous. The timbre of her voice she seems such the gentle soul. “Sorry for you the girl has no sister, Nancy with the laughing face.”

Piano timbre sounds so correct to my ears with the F5 while still maintaining all the smoke in a voice such as Karrin’s, double bass notes where they belong. Bravo maestro’s.
:pray::pray::pray: happy to hear :) enjoy!

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #3,667 of 3,674
I liked the TuriiTi but in the end too bright. I think I am really sensitive to that, perhaps unusually so. Most of the sets I could not use are for this reason. I am buying a Fibae 5 need to have one of these sets after all that effort, plus today is my birthday. Anyway I do like it it is not just the best of these 8.

So excited to meet those that make the Journey to Time Square. Expect to spend more time talking than listening to gear, though I got to do both. Safe travels.

I wish you a happy birthday and hope you spent a nice day today.

Feb 25, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #3,668 of 3,674
had the time to take a few photos of Ronin

E44D18E7-5CC2-4D0F-BC9A-38A334369D7C.jpeg

792CD125-0CFB-4DF2-A06D-12D450DDDC44.jpeg

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #3,669 of 3,674
You had to show a golf club and grass didn’t you. 😢

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #3,671 of 3,674
ayyyy...you found the xe6!

hope you're well, bud.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #3,672 of 3,674
I guess if a degenerate like me can do it, so can you!

1 year and >2 months without a single audio purchase

Eletech's Euclid is a small relapse but it's ET so it doesn't count, stay strong kings

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #3,673 of 3,674

Eletech's Euclid is a small relapse but it's ET so it doesn't count, stay strong kings
Nice one mate. That's an impressive amount of time with no audio purchases

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #3,674 of 3,674

Big sub was my last buy. That was in December 2023. Though IEM DAP wise last one was F5 in February 2023. Nothing has sounded different to me to what I already have so I have held back. I did demo lots of sets. Maybe better in some way though not different, and I want to get un-bored. That takes different to work.

By the way that sub made a huge difference the room is now opened up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back