RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Jul 2, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #2,462 of 3,674
Casual flex not listing your Abyss TCs in your bio
Looool gave me a proper giggle this one :D I generally don’t like keeping a bio because everything moves in and out so fast, half the time I don’t even know what I own - I am mostly active in IEM reviews at the moment so only those end up seeing the light of day

Jul 2, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #2,463 of 3,674
What’s durable about BA IEM’s. No matter their construction they’re not meant to be knocked around. Medical grade UV cured resin allows for a light, comfortable, biocompatible and ergonomic shell. I don’t desire heavy wanky metals or wood. If anything, that would detract me from a purchase.

There has never been a correlation between cost and durability. The more expensive something is, often the higher the maintenance and less durable it actually is. Silk clothing, a pen made of “precious resin”, Hermes leather to name a few.

They’re plenty portable. I travel with mine in their case. However, if you’re the type to wrap your IEM’s around your DAP and shove them in a backpack or pocket unprotected then frankly, you’re in the wrong thread
MMR has done a fantastic job using something other than “medical grade UVcured resin,” it's still a dirt-cheap commodity, @mvvRAZ is spot on target, if it makes you happy, great. Though it's perfectly fine to dish a product for an excessive price, poor build, packaging, comfort, etcetera, that's why we're here, to discuss high-end IEMs.

I absolutely love my Thummims, others don't, that's life. As we all “get to know” each other, is that we learn who's taste best approximates our own, those we think are stone deaf, and everything in between. I've been in audio for decades, but I'm still learning, and every once in a while one of those deaf guys teaches me something new.

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #2,464 of 3,674
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #2,465 of 3,674
After the initial cringefest that is the "Never be the same again" on the back of the N6II Ti, I am now listening and am so far heavily impressed!

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #2,466 of 3,674
After the initial cringefest that is the "Never be the same again" on the back of the N6II Ti, I am now listening and am so far heavily impressed!
'Same here. I bought mine a week or so ago and, after rolling my eyes at that tagline, it's been a really, really, really lovely experience. I'll have impressions up on threads soon. :wink:

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #2,467 of 3,674
'Same here. I bought mine a week or so ago and, after rolling my eyes at that tagline, it's been a really, really, really lovely experience. I'll have impressions up on threads soon. :wink:
Yeah I'm only a few songs in paired with the A18S but damn... maybe I really never will be the same again

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #2,468 of 3,674
Sounds like the tag line ain't so far from the truth then... :) EDIT: Raz beat me to it..

Looking forward to more impressions.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #2,469 of 3,674
Yeah I'm only a few songs in paired with the A18S but damn... maybe I really never will be the same again
The R01 motherboard really is something special and has breathed a whole new life into a 2 year old DAP.

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #2,470 of 3,674
maybe I really never will be the same again
I’m also having this moment but in a different context, it is with the Raal SR1a 😁

So I take it the N6ii Ti is really worth it 👍🏼

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #2,471 of 3,674
I’m also having this moment but in a different context, it is with the Raal SR1a 😁

So I take it the N6ii Ti is really worth it 👍🏼
I haven’t been able to try enough pairings to really say, but it’s working extremely well with the A18S, where the P6 pro was much too dark

On another topic, the CFA releases that are up on headamp’s website just remind me so much of this:

6D03D467-50F8-427D-B90C-2EC8343CCB90.jpeg

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #2,472 of 3,674
I haven’t been able to try enough pairings to really say, but it’s working extremely well with the A18S, where the P6 pro was much too dark

On another topic, the CFA releases that are up on headamp’s website just remind me so much of this:

Really don’t know what’s going on with them lately… their recent releases just seem really obnoxious to me. Seems like they’re losing grasp of what their customer base is and what they are looking for.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #2,473 of 3,674

'No comment on everything else, but I LOVE Moon Knight as a character. 'Can't wait to see Oscar Isaac's take on him on his Disney+ series next year; directed by Moorhead and Benson, no less. :grin:

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #2,474 of 3,674
Really don’t know what’s going on with them lately… their recent releases just seem really obnoxious to me. Seems like they’re losing grasp of what their customer base is and what they are looking for.
I guess they're shifting their focus to that sub-1000$ category, which is of course fully respectable and understandable, but I feel like there's 0 hype or marketing behind any of their releases - they don't seem to be aimed at any particular niches or to be original, self-standing products

They're just kinda... there. Reminds me a lot of the pace at which DAPs are released lol, there was a period where FiiO would refresh their entire lineup pretty much monthly :D

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #2,475 of 3,674

But they glow in the dark, which is something every music lover has been after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back