RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Jul 5, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #2,476 of 3,674
I guess they're shifting their focus to that sub-1000$ category, which is of course fully respectable and understandable, but I feel like there's 0 hype or marketing behind any of their releases - they don't seem to be aimed at any particular niches or to be original, self-standing products

They're just kinda... there. Reminds me a lot of the pace at which DAPs are released lol, there was a period where FiiO would refresh their entire lineup pretty much monthly :D
It seems like they have their one or two high end products that are hits and have become mainstays, the Andromeda and the Solaris.

Then the rest, they seem to put out a number of iems with interesting tuning that I think often end up more divisive than not. Almost like they are throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

At this point for me though I find myself much more interested in lower end releases so these do appeal to me. Even though the "stories" they included are ridiculous and the glow in the dark stuff is too. I kinda want to get a pair.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #2,477 of 3,674
It seems like they have their one or two high end products that are hits and have become mainstays, the Andromeda and the Solaris.

Then the rest, they seem to put out a number of iems with interesting tuning that I think often end up more divisive than not. Almost like they are throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

At this point for me though I find myself much more interested in lower end releases so these do appeal to me. Even though the "stories" they included are ridiculous and the glow in the dark stuff is too. I kinda want to get a pair.
Yeah I agree with the whole "see what sticks" approach - it's the only one that makes sense really. I might also pick up a pair of those blue ones, keep them for a week and add them to my sister's collection :D

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #2,478 of 3,674
Yeah I agree with the whole "see what sticks" approach - it's the only one that makes sense really. I might also pick up a pair of those blue ones, keep them for a week and add them to my sister's collection :D
Haha yea their approach itself is interesting... And sometimes frustrating. Especially with how many special limited editions they put out to milk their popular releases.

I do however like the looks of the blue one too, and the price isn't terrible either. And I do like the design, even though it's definitely quite ridiculous with the case and the glow in the dark stuff.

It almost certainly won't be the best thing ever, but I have also enjoyed every campfire iem I have owned, and I at least know exactly how it will fit my ears.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #2,479 of 3,674
I sort of interested in the 'umber' (read as: brown) ones! Not brave enough to be the one to take the first plunge though.

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #2,480 of 3,674
Haha yea their approach itself is interesting... And sometimes frustrating. Especially with how many special limited editions they put out to milk their popular releases.

I do however like the looks of the blue one too, and the price isn't terrible either. And I do like the design, even though it's definitely quite ridiculous with the case and the glow in the dark stuff.

It almost certainly won't be the best thing ever, but I have also enjoyed every campfire iem I have owned, and I at least know exactly how it will fit my ears.
I think by this point I'd be more excited by another limited Andromeda than by a random refresh of a product from 2019 that was never particularly attractive

I some of interested in the 'umber' (read as: brown) ones! Not brave enough to be the one to take the first plunge though.
Focal Stellia in ears?

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #2,481 of 3,674
Focal Stellia in ears?

Never been a fan of that colour! Ew. Then again, I won't see them when I'm wearing them but that also means I won't see myself glowing the dark which is a great shame...

Jul 5, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #2,483 of 3,674
Hey raz are you getting any hiss with IEMs? Asking cuz saw a few users reporting hiss from their R01
Only on the A18S so far and there's definitely no hiss.. I need to check the IEM box at home to see if I have anything particularly sensitive to test it with. Maybe the Softears RSV, the RS10 is particularly hard to drive so that won't do

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #2,484 of 3,674
Only on the A18S so far and there's definitely no hiss.. I need to check the IEM box at home to see if I have anything particularly sensitive to test it with. Maybe the Softears RSV, the RS10 is particularly hard to drive so that won't do
I've also tried the R01 with the Softears Cerberus and Oriolus Trailli so far. No hiss on either of those.

Jul 5, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #2,485 of 3,674
I've also tried the R01 with the Softears Cerberus and Oriolus Trailli so far. No hiss on either of those.

On Solaris/Andro with R01 at a very low volume and instrumental tracks in breaks or intros. That's about it.

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #2,486 of 3,674
Our Asian brothers with some savage class A memes :D

02D8DFCF-4451-4692-A25D-35EB7E3169B3.png

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #2,487 of 3,674
Our Asian brothers with some savage class A memes :D

02D8DFCF-4451-4692-A25D-35EB7E3169B3.png
Glow in the dark?! Why, Campfire, why???? Literally worst/most useless marketing idea ever.

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #2,488 of 3,674
Glow in the dark?! Why, Campfire, why???? Literally worst/most useless marketing idea ever.
I think it's kind of fun.

And campfire here is definitely not the first or only one doing it. The recent qdc anole v14 comes to mind.

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #2,489 of 3,674
I think it's kind of fun.

And campfire here is definitely not the first or only one doing it. The recent qdc anole v14 comes to mind.
Each to their own, of course, but I can’t imagine myself buying one because of this feature. In fact it would likely put me off, which is a shame as I actually quite like their IEMs.

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #2,490 of 3,674
I can sort of see the GITD being useful if you listen in bed a lot, particularly at night. The real crime here are those cases imo. The color schemes are just ?? and have absolutely no correlation with the IEMs themselves lol. Maybe they were trying to go for a hipster, throwback-ish look? Most of their other, recent cases don't seem to fall far from the tree. Either way, I just wish we'd get more cases like the Solaris 2020's...

Holocene-Case-Front-images-for-website.png

Mammoth-Case-Front-images-for-website.png

Solaris-2020-Brown-Cork-Case-Open-.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back