Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Dec 26, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #8,056 of 8,138
My new placing according to further testing of Fiio FT5:

1. Fiio FT5
2. Final D8000
3. Pioneer SE Master 1

Fiio number one for my music. They just rockin.

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #8,057 of 8,138
My new placing according to further testing of Fiio FT5:

1. Fiio FT5
2. Final D8000
3. Pioneer SE Master 1

Fiio number one for my music. They just rockin.
I really know nothing of the fiio. What makes you like them this much? Just curious….they look kind of plastic and cheap….but I am interested why you love them this much?

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #8,058 of 8,138
I use headphone with specific amplifier. I love them all.
1. ZMF Atrium Open out of Bliss
2. ZMF VC out of DSHA-3F
3. HD800s out of EC ZDS
4. ZMF VO with EC ZDS
5. Sony Z1R out of Chord Mojo OG

I want to own Audeze LCD4 and play it out of EC ZDS but it’s as heavy as my ZMF VC and I can only have one heavy headset and also have heard instances of driver failure and unit variance.

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #8,059 of 8,138
I really know nothing of the fiio. What makes you like them this much? Just curious….they look kind of plastic and cheap….but I am interested why you love them this much?
I listen mostly hevy electronic music and i need very rich bass with crap ton of punch. Bass in Fiio is propalby the best bass i was hearing in headhpones. For me is even better from that in D8000, and this is hell of the achievment. Its like bass from dynamics and planars in one hp. Probably the hardest hitting planars alongside with Abyss 1266. He is also generaly good make, its no bleed on the rest and not cover anything if you have good chain. I disagree with opinion they are dark and muddy or lack of details. They dont, you need plug them to something good. And that price, quality price ratio rocks. They are unbeatable. You can throw almost all Audezes and HiFimans and almost all dynamics to the trash if you have FT5.

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #8,060 of 8,138
I want to own Audeze LCD4 and play it out of EC ZDS but it’s as heavy as my ZMF VC and I can only have one heavy headset and also have heard instances of driver failure and unit variance.
I think the VC feels a lot lighter on the head than the LCD4. Im not sure Driver failure is as big a problem with the 4 as it was the 3.

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #8,061 of 8,138
I listen mostly hevy electronic music and i need very rich bass with crap ton of punch. Bass in Fiio is propalby the best bass i was hearing in headhpones. For me is even better from that in D8000, and this is hell of the achievment. Its like bass from dynamics and planars in one hp. Probably the hardest hitting planars alongside with Abyss 1266. He is also generaly good make, its no bleed on the rest and not cover anything if you have good chain. I disagree with opinion they are dark and muddy or lack of details. They dont, you need plug them to something good. And that price, quality price ratio rocks. They are unbeatable. You can throw almost all Audezes and HiFimans and almost all dynamics to the trash if you have FT5.
How is the treble…I hope not too bright.
I see Audio46 is a dealer and they are local to me. May be I can try out.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #8,062 of 8,138
How is the treble…I hope not too bright
Hmmm, thats gonna be dependant on specific chain, for me its ok on my gear. Qutest its kinda bright but Anni have little bit recessed top end, for every headphones sound little bit bright but still good. They are darker than D8000 for example. I didnt find them bright, they just right to create balance for that huge low end. You can also adjust things by swamping the pads. I listen on suede pads.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #8,063 of 8,138
Its a true sense of rumble in these hp. If track lhave that extra low end, you can really feel that on the head. They know how to shake head with that bass, I have them couple of days and the Finals and Pioneers are thrown away on the desk.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #8,064 of 8,138
Hmmm, thats gonna be dependant on specific chain, for me its ok on my gear. Qutest its kinda bright but Anni have little bit recessed top end, for every headphones sound little bit bright but still good. They are darker than D8000 for example. I didnt find them bright, they just right to create balance for that huge low end. You can also adjust things by swamping the pads. I listen on suede pads.
Ranking them above D8K has piqued my interest as I have heard D8K and enjoyed a lot.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #8,065 of 8,138
D8000 sound smoother in comparison, but only with G pads, not stock pads. The D8000 have very good sesne of space, which Fiio dont have. Also Fiio are not that intense but have one rockin advantage above D8000 - you can go almost as loud as you want. With D8000 no, becuse of that overcooked top end. I need that bass and that ability to playin loud becuse of my music taste. Fiio are three dimensional enough. they just dont have that space and extra smoothnes higher end headhpones. I find them very balanced after all and they feed modern music and younger audiohiles.

Dec 28, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #8,066 of 8,138
I use headphone with specific amplifier. I love them all.
1. ZMF Atrium Open out of Bliss
2. ZMF VC out of DSHA-3F
3. HD800s out of EC ZDS
4. ZMF VO with EC ZDS
5. Sony Z1R out of Chord Mojo OG

Z1R out of Chord Mojo used to be my exact travel combo. Sounded splendid!

Dec 29, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #8,068 of 8,138
@HWB3 , I had trouble removing my Grado RS1e’s to take a shower. After my wife insisted that I was becoming a toxic hazard, I figured out how to put a plastic bag over my head and secure it with a rubber band so I could leave them on during my mandated shower.

Dec 29, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #8,070 of 8,138
1. Stax Lambda Nova Signature/Stax SRM Monitor and Mysphere 3.2/Fidelice DAC and preamp. Can't decide which is better. The Stax is an old favourite and seems to do everything well. Maybe a slight loss of dynamics, which the Mysphere has in spades, despite a bottom end roll off even with the "B" pads. Both are also very "fast", but the Mysphere is the faster.
2. Focal Utopia and AKG K812 - The Focal is a superb headphone to listen to (very dynamic, tonally well balanced without brightness and easy to power); the AKG K812 is very close to level 1 however - it's better louder to compensate for a slight bass roll off. I don't hear the supposed faults in its top end. It just sounds right.
3. Beyerdynamic T1.3 - there's something unnatural about the bottom end (too much "junk in the trunk"), but it's a whole lot of fun. Great dynamics however - you can both hear and feel the shock wave. More balanced when quieter.
Quoting myself and a few changes. I bought a Merging Anubis Premium which is able to apply the Parametric EQ that Oratory1990 prescribes for various headphones, including all of my headphones.
The Mysphere 3.2, equalised, now outclasses all the others. It's simply superb when driven this way by the Anubis Premium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back