Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Dec 29, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #8,071 of 8,137
1. Meze 109 Pro
2. ZMF Bokeh
3. Audeze LCD2C
4. Fostex T50RP modded w/ suspension strap, and mayflower kit with baffle upgrade

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #8,072 of 8,137
I EQ all my cans so the Frequency response out of the box is not really an issue here unless it start to introduce serious THD;

1. Hifiman Ananda Nano (incredible PRaT and great bass extension, lack a bit of definition in the low-mids)
2. Sennheiser HD650 (Great High-mids, rough low end when EQ'd)
3. Neumann NDH30 (Bad PRat but flat and all up in your face, lack depth)
4. AKG Q701 (Good agility but weird treble and unnatural width)
5. Slate VSX (Interesting experience...)

I'm looking to get something better (dynamically and on the detail retrieval / micro details) then my nanos.

I've got a few cans on my radars and would appreciate some feedback by someone that heard the nanos in comparison to :

HE6se v2 (grill mod) + Topping A30 pro (or any proper amp)
LCD-X
HE1000 (SE or Stealth ?)

Looking for something that sound clinical, analytical, dry and details + transient all up in your face.

Thanks

EDIT: I use my cans for fine adjustment in a Mix and Master situation. Not for enjoyment.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #8,073 of 8,137
1. Meze 109 Pro
2. ZMF Bokeh
3. Audeze LCD2C
4. Fostex T50RP modded w/ suspension strap, and mayflower kit with baffle upgrade
Interesting that you have the 109 Pro's ahead of the Bokeh. What do you like more about the 109 Pro's over the Bokeh?

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #8,074 of 8,137
Interesting that you have the 109 Pro's ahead of the Bokeh. What do you like more about the 109 Pro's over the Bokeh?
I have always enjoyed more open back sound/headphones. The comfort level for the 109 Pro's are just lovely for me (wearing glasses ). I like the way it just floats with the suspension headband.
For the sound, Bokeh has more warmth and a overall smooth/rounded sound. Sometimes it can be too much warmth that some parts of instruments are lost. (I will be getting pads to swap and maybe change the mesh, so that may help "open" the sound up just a bit. For the 109 Pro, it is warm/neutral, more dynamic, and better soundstage. I am really surprised how well the Bokeh's do with soundstage being a closed back headphone.

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #8,078 of 8,137
Its a true sense of rumble in these hp. If track lhave that extra low end, you can really feel that on the head. They know how to shake head with that bass, I have them couple of days and the Finals and Pioneers are thrown away on the desk.
Your posts re: FT5 has made me take the plunge. Was deciding between a pair of used LCD3s but thought I would go newer and cheaper. Will report back on Sunday :gs1000smile:

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #8,079 of 8,137
LCD3 are more refined headphones for sure, but you know, its 4 times the price of FT5. And i think LCD3 dont have that punch if this is what someone lookin for. Personally, i always wanted to have a pair of LCD3. Maybe next year,. In this year i have too much spendings. Overall i think you made a good decision.

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #8,080 of 8,137
LCD3 are more refined headphones for sure, but you know, its 4 times the price of FT5. And i think LCD3 dont have that punch if this is what someone lookin for. Personally, i always wanted to have a pair of LCD3. Maybe next year,. In this year i have too much spendings. Overall i think you made a good decision.
LCD3 has amazing bass, and is incredibly saturated. With really good amplification that saturation turns into resoution with a hint of wetness. Especially with the new tuning on the most recent LCD3. It is a really fun headphone.

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #8,081 of 8,137
No particular order of Preference. It's the 5 out of my 15 I listen too while the other 10 sit and collect dust.
1) ZMF Aeolus
2) ZMF Ori. Still killin it.
3) Modded TH-X00 with a cool Lawton mod that improved the sound 10-fold.
4) Focal Clear
5) Denon AH-2000. I got these in a trade from a guy in Russia who said the professional who heavily modded these (so he said) was this HP mastermind where everything he touch turns to musical gold. These headphones have punched themselves well, well over their price point and they also kill it.

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #8,082 of 8,137
LCD3 has amazing bass, and is incredibly saturated. With really good amplification that saturation turns into resoution with a hint of wetness. Especially with the new tuning on the most recent LCD3. It is a really fun headphone.
For shure they are. I was hearing them once and this is not LCD2 or LCD2 Classic levl. Its above. They just have that something. But in this year i need to do more savings and i need new PC. My old timer has 12 years, so its time. But in the next year, LCD3... Why not?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #8,083 of 8,137
Update:

Hifiman R10P
Audeze lcd2 closed back
Hifiman R10D
AKG701
Hifiman Ananda
Hifiman HE1000v2
HE R10p are good? You have comparision with Solitaire P or something in that price point?

Feb 1, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #8,085 of 8,137
No particular order of Preference. It's the 5 out of my 15 I listen too while the other 10 sit and collect dust.
1) ZMF Aeolus
2) ZMF Ori. Still killin it.
3) Modded TH-X00 with a cool Lawton mod that improved the sound 10-fold.
4) Focal Clear
5) Denon AH-2000. I got these in a trade from a guy in Russia who said the professional who heavily modded these (so he said) was this HP mastermind where everything he touch turns to musical gold. These headphones have punched themselves well, well over their price point and they also kill it.
Love that you have an Ori. I can't remember the last time I saw a ZMF t50mod for sale on head-fi. They have become unicorns, but there are thousands out there in the wild. I guess people are holding onto them because they are super fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back