post your grado mods....
Oct 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #5,491 of 8,987
fleasbaby Nice mods. The wood buttons look much better than the stiff felt ones I've on right now.

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #5,492 of 8,987
fleasbaby Nice mods. The wood buttons look much better than the stiff felt ones I've on right now.

Thanks...and I only almost took the tips off two of my fingers about three times on the sander while making them :D

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #5,495 of 8,987
  Hey there Grado modders, does anyone have a spare headband assembly they wouldn't mind passing on? I'm in need of one for the latest SennGrado build! Shoot me a PM if you can help a brother out!

Oh man...tricky...you looking for a proper Grado headband assembly, or will an Auvio or Sony do it?

I know wje has some SR80 going in the FS forums, those would be your cheapest bet right now...

Oct 16, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #5,496 of 8,987
Oh man...tricky...you looking for a proper Grado headband assembly, or will an Auvio or Sony do it?

I know wje has some SR80 going in the FS forums, those would be your cheapest bet right now...

I'd like the stock one. I could get the others on my own. Figured with how much people are trying alternative headbands someone might have an extra two lying around...

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #5,497 of 8,987
If any of you interested in headbands. This is for sale.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/This-is-a-Custom-Brown-Leather-Headband-for-Grado-Headphones-/301356686522?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item462a421cba
http://www.ebay.com/itm/This-is-a-Custom-Brown-Leather-Headband-for-Grado-Headphones-/301356686522?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item462a421cba

Oct 17, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #5,501 of 8,987
Got the TTVJ flats today really like them next I want to shorten the cable and put a mini jack on . Any unforeseen problem with dropping 4' from the cans cutting the cable and soldering in a mini jack ? Hate to cut away and find out that's an oops moment cause I've had plenty of those !!

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #5,503 of 8,987

Finished making and putting this on my Senngrado build. I went short on this one, 3 feet 8 inches. Went short on the Y-split length as well, ~13 inches.
Turned out exactly how I wanted for desktop and portable listening.

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #5,504 of 8,987
I added a removable system to my new 225e wood mod...

I used a wood drill thru so i could fit the female jack...

than I bored the wood with a drill with a larger tip, very very very carefully to not go to deep. so the male jack can fit, as the wood was too thick... 

I never solder the original cables out of the drivers, cut just where needed so it can reach the female jack, i also added heat shrink to make a little neater, even tho you can't see the inside that well I know its there...

I also twisted each color cable together so it looks neater as well, again not a biggy, but as you look thru the mesh its more professional i guess... 

If you are not that comfortable removing the shield of thin cables make it a little longer to account for errors.

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #5,505 of 8,987
  I added a removable system to my new 225e wood mod...

I used a wood drill thru so i could fit the female jack...

than I bored the wood with a drill with a larger tip, very very very carefully to not go to deep. so the male jack can fit, as the wood was too thick... 

I never solder the original cables out of the drivers, cut just where needed so it can reach the female jack, i also added heat shrink to make a little neater, even tho you can't see the inside that well I know its there...

I also twisted each color cable together so it looks neater as well, again not a biggy, but as you look thru the mesh its more professional i guess... 

If you are not that comfortable removing the shield of thin cables make it a little longer to account for errors.

Nicely done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back