post your grado mods....
Feb 26, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #8,986 of 8,987
I decided to rid my RS-1x of the 3.5mm plug which frustrated me to use along with the 6.5mm adapter.

Great Job!
Have you checked pin 2 - 4 if there‘s a short cut? There are rumors about being so with the new x-series cables.
First time I heard this, I checked 1st ring to 3rd on the 4.4 plug I soldered to my RS2e. There is no connection.
Maybe it‘s just a rumor, maybe it wasn’t with the e-series 8- and 12-cores. (Did a GS to XLR4 to a friend.)

Feb 26, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #8,987 of 8,987
Great Job!
Have you checked pin 2 - 4 if there‘s a short cut? There are rumors about being so with the new x-series cables.
First time I heard this, I checked 1st ring to 3rd on the 4.4 plug I soldered to my RS2e. There is no connection.
Maybe it‘s just a rumor, maybe it wasn’t with the e-series 8- and 12-cores. (Did a GS to XLR4 to a friend.)

On my RS-1X all 8 conductors go from the earcups to the plug:

2 red = L+
2 white = R+
4 blue which are the negatives for both channels.

Using a multimeter (Fluke 87), I determined that there are two pairs of the blue conductors because all 4 are not shorted together. Once I figured out which the two pairs are, I put the headphones on and briefly tested (with the Fluke set to ohms) across red (L+) and one pair of blue and then the other. When I heard a "click" in my ear, I knew I found the proper pairing. I only ever hear the 'click" in one channel at a time and only with one specific conductor pair.

I verified the same with the right channel. The RS-1X has its channels independently wired making it easy to run it legitimately balanced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back