OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS
Sep 20, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #91 of 242
Made edit to my list. Added info to OP.

Must apoligize to SE215 owners. Realized i made a mistake by saying 215 when I meant se210. The graph on headroom clearly shows the 210 is inferior to the 215. So disregard any badmouthing of the 215...:smiley: To me the 210's sound hideous.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #92 of 242
I love my Triple.Fi 10s. There were ok at first but the more I listened, the more I liked them. I certainly think they have what it takes to contend with the IE8s. So much so that I sold my IE8s to my father, which later got stolen in Montreal :frowning2: Anyways, they may sound a little unnatural but I think that's what I liked about them, I was listening to electronic music almost exclusively at the time and they did deliver. I continuously describe female vocals as "liquid crystal", so precise yet so smooth and unbelievable. There has never really been a time where I said, I miss my IE8s. I still yearn for customs though.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #93 of 242
$100 for the HF5 -- it is regularly sold for that price on Amazon, including right now.
$100 for the Atrio (MG7) -- it is sold for that price on Atrio.me with the CostProg50% coupon code.

Two very different, even opposite IEMs. Two excellent deals.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #94 of 242
Quote:
Made edit to my list. Added info to OP.
Must apoligize to SE215 owners. Realized i made a mistake by saying 215 when I meant se210. The graph on headroom clearly shows the 210 is inferior to the 215. So disregard any badmouthing of the 215...:smiley: To me the 210's sound hideous.

Okay, good. I'll call the dogs off. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #96 of 242
Quote:

Currently eyeing the Sony XBA1's as the next hidden gem under $100. There was no discernable difference between these and the dual driver models on reviews but i cant justify the triple and quad driver prices for the XBA line unless they really are outrageously great... verdict's still out.

I recently tried the XBA1's and the XBA4's head to head. Don't even mention them in the same breath. The 4's are far superior and I honestly thought the 1's were nothing special, even considering price vs performance...

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #99 of 242
Decided to revive the thread. Re-organized the OP a bit. Added a section that I still need to complete but also added some other very nicely priced overperformers to the list on the OP.

I'm going to be adding links to posts from others that are both informative and stick to the criteria that it doesn't just sound "good" but that it surpasses everything else in it's league and competes with much higher "teir" products for it's price.

Thanx

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #100 of 242
I dont have high end stuff, just whats in my sig + ath m50. And i completly agree with DOC on the S500. What a wonderful little portable heaphone. I am selling and have sold almost everything inlcuded the M50. The price performance ratio is just insane. The bass is awesome, more foward mids than the M50, the highs are very good, detail and clarity is way better than anything i have.

Again, i dont have high end stuff, but for $75, its my best buy EVER.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #101 of 242
You heard him ladies and gentlemen.... I guess we r all unqulified to voice our personal experiences with headphones/IEMs so we better get off here. I guess this thread better end here.
Yes, and much respect to joker, that thread is very informative and all shld read it IMO if u r choosing iems, but dont hesitate to voice your own experiences on this forum.....

See Doc, Under 100 the highest scoring iem in jokers review is the FXD80, i am telling you man, these thing are awesome, what are you waiting for?..... Jk

Man, get the fdx80, no joke... Why wait? :D

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #102 of 242
Not sure if this has already been listed, but I'm not quite sure why the VSonic GR07 isn't on this list. It's <$200 and can compare with the big boys (example=SE535, IE8, MDR-EX1000), which cost $100+ more than the GR07

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #103 of 242
See Doc, Under 100 the highest scoring iem in jokers review is the FXD80, i am telling you man, these thing are awesome, what are you waiting for?..... Jk
Man, get the fdx80, no joke... Why wait? :D

Rickdohc I have a bad feeling you are not going to stop harrassing me until I pull the trigger on those FXD80s...

Not sure if this has already been listed, but I'm not quite sure why the VSonic GR07 isn't on this list. It's <$200 and can compare with the big boys (example=SE535, IE8, MDR-EX1000), which cost $100+ more than the GR07

Thanks robots.. Added your comment to the OP.

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #104 of 242
Pull the triger they are waiting for you

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #105 of 242
Pull the triger they are waiting for you

You will be the first to know when I do buddy.

BTW please go to this thread and vote. I am trying to get Comply to come out with a new product.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/628446/calling-all-comply-foam-tip-owners-need-your-input-poll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back