Orthodynamic Roundup
Feb 6, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #23,791 of 27,137
Hm, can't edit from tapatalk for some reason. Anyway, ifrogz is a local company (as are skullcandy and earhugger) so i got my blue ear pollution from a gas station display rack. But since they are blue, i might spring $8 via amazon prime for black pads if they work well. I also have some hd25 velours, but they could turn out to be a poor choice.

.:Sent by pneumatic tubes

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #23,794 of 27,137
the iFrogz pads saw some iFrogz Toxix ones today and they are much shallower than the ones I am using now, might go back to the store and get them, but a bit pricy as a donor simply for pads, still, but as we all know pads can make or break a thing and they seem as shallow as the YHE ones anyhow.
Thanks for the reminder. Then I can use the shell possibly, maybe.

Nice picture GREQ. Love the classy vent pattern

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #23,796 of 27,137
That will keep the owls from swooping down on me while walking with stuff, or attract them more .
Built in damping also looks like.

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #23,798 of 27,137
Fascinating. How is it going?

Very well actually.
Since I liked the T10 so much I thought I couldn't really go wrong with this one.
I was right.

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #23,800 of 27,137
grundig isn't it Greq?
dont its supposed to be an T20 oem, not exactly T10 oem like Trio KHs? cmiiw..

All correct.
It's a T20 OEM.
There are many similarities to the T10, drivers look and sound almost identical but overall I prefer it to the T10.

I took the pads of the Grundig and put on the stock T10 pads for a laugh, and it sounded like a T10 but better. Technically speaking I don't think it's a huge step better, but the overall FR is exactly my taste and seems more capable than the T10.

Feb 8, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #23,801 of 27,137
then why dont you share the inside driver+factory damping pictures here and wikiphonia?
more/many ppl would be thankfull if all the index ortho types on wikiphonia have been filled completly..

from what i know, the differences between T10 and T20/40 driver are the sloted magnet itself..
the trace diapghram (do i wrote this correctly?) and film material looked about the same..
cmiiw

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #23,802 of 27,137
The Grundig OEM was also made for a US company and called the Concept "Constant energy headphone." 
It's a T20 driver inside, and stock it came with a small bit of foam and some black mesh over the "L" vents.

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #23,803 of 27,137

It's a T20 driver inside, and stock it came with a small bit of foam and some black mesh over the "L" vents.

The Grundig has EXACTLY the same configuration. 
I can only guess the Grundig driver is a T20, since I can only compare it to photos online at the moment.
I will have a real T20 in my hands in a few weeks (hopefully) to do a proper full direct comparison with photos.

(I've already taken out the crumbly yellow foam, BUT I have it stored very safely.)

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #23,804 of 27,137
  The Grundig has EXACTLY the same configuration. 
I can only guess the Grundig driver is a T20, since I can only compare it to photos online at the moment.
I will have a real T20 in my hands in a few weeks (hopefully) to do a proper full direct comparison with photos.

(I've already taken out the crumbly yellow foam, BUT I have it stored very safely.)

I'll be quite curious to hear your impressions of the T20.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #23,805 of 27,137

In my case the driver is a T20 - I had to replace the original driver after I damaged them. The T20 driver fit perfectly as a replacement. The tensions could have been different, but the two parts were interchangeable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back