Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #10,966 of 16,931
Quote:
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for an iem with a very long cable, about 2-3 meters (8' or more inches). I'm not interested in using an extension cord. Anyone know some model with this specs?

Thanks a lot, guys!

I haven't come across any, personally. Closest in my collection would be a detachable-cable IEM and the Westone 64" cord. 

Quote:
Joker, Sounds the TF10 a little hollow?

Not compared to the H-100, at least not to my ears. I think the mid-bass emphasis helps in the case of the TF10, keeping the overall fullness of the sound good.

Quote:
The EP-100s block out a good amount of sound. It makes me happy
biggrin.gif

Great 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Joker, would the H-100 be an upgrade to TF10? How would you compare these three:
TF10 ; H-100 and FX-700
Which is better for dubstep and EDM?
I always use an amp.
Thanks.

Not really an upgrade - the H-100 and TF10 are about on the same level IMO. The H-100 is more v-shaped to me, brighter, and emphasizes subbass over midbass. The TF10 has more mid-bass and isn't as bright. Also, the note thickness is more uniform and the overall tone is warmer. If you can afford it and don't mind the (lack of) isolation, I would go for the FX700 still - it's just very coherent and powerful with those dynamic drivers. Otherwise, it really depends on whether you want the H-100 for more of a wow factor (plenty of subbass, wide soundstage, bright and clear sound, etc) or the more restrained TF10. 

Quote:
Really looking forward to the upcoming reviews of Triple.Fi 10, IE800, S1/S2, 7550!
A bit sad you won't include the Dirac DSP corrected XTZ EarPhone-12.
The technology have great potential.

Would be interesting to see CK100Pro, Stagediver SD-2/3 and JH13 Pro added to the list.

If the XTZ had an Android DSP app I'd give it another try. Without any correction it sounds pretty meh. 

I do have a JH13Pro that will be added eventually. It's one of my favorite CIEMs.

Quote:
Hope this is okay to post here. First off, thank you for all the information/review of the IEM's. I am looking for a balanced/warm/neutral set of IEM"s that are comfortable. Problem is the budget, just $30. =P I was thinking of trying to get the Vsonic GR99, if I can find it. Or a Nuforce NE-600X. Any suggestions out there? If this is not a good place to post, please, Moderator or Admin delete it. =D Posted in the Introductions, Help and Recommendations Sub-Forum.

The GR99 is not very neutral but it's a solid earphone for the money. I would actually recommend the LG Quadbeat over it though if you don't mind a slightly v-shaped sound. It's more neutral than the GR99 overall and sounds very good for the $25-30 it runs on eBay. Only caveat is that you might have to invest in some aftermarket eartips because the stock ones aren't great, but with some planning you can still stay within a $30 budget.

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #10,967 of 16,931
Hey joker, can you confirm that this is the Vsonic GR02 and not the R02 ProII?: http://www.amazon.com/VSONIC-Silver-Earphones-Earbuds-iPhones/dp/B005EM9KRI
They claim it is the GR02 but it has a weird name "VSONIC GR02 Pro GR-02 Silver Cord Earphones."

Some other questions:
• Is this "silver cable edition" GR02 the same as the GR02 Bass Edition?

• Is the sound quality of the GR02 Bass Edition better than the Id America Spark ($30)? I'm looking for a pair of V-shape signiture IEM no more than $40 to replace my broken Id America Sparks and I was wondering whether the GR02 Bass Edition would be the best option.

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #10,968 of 16,931
I do have a JH13Pro that will be added eventually. It's one of my favorite CIEMs.

I have a JH13Pro FP now, so a review isn't "needed" (for me), but nevertheless, I always look forward to reading your reviews. Hope your JH13 review will be one of the lengthier ones (with it's own thread)... I think it deserves that kind of space so you can (deservedly) wax poetic on it. LOL.

The JH13Pro is one of the few phones that, IMO, has entirely/I] lived up to the hype (for me anyways). You and the other IF folks nailed the review on it. I'm finding it damn hard to identify a glaring weakness.. let alone a subtle one.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #10,970 of 16,931
Quote:
Hey joker, can you confirm that this is the Vsonic GR02 and not the R02 ProII?: http://www.amazon.com/VSONIC-Silver-Earphones-Earbuds-iPhones/dp/B005EM9KRI
They claim it is the GR02 but it has a weird name "VSONIC GR02 Pro GR-02 Silver Cord Earphones."

Some other questions:

• Is the sound quality of the GR02 Bass Edition better than the Id America Spark ($30)? I'm looking for a pair of V-shape signiture IEM no more than $40 to replace my broken Id America Sparks and I was wondering whether the GR02 Bass Edition would be the best option.

I can't. Someone has asked before about that same link and the images are quite confusing. A few of them show the GR02 BE for sure but one of the shots is of the old R02 ProII. Perhaps someone who purchased from that seller would know for sure but I can't tell with any certainty from the photos.

The Silver Cable GR02 is not the Bass Edition as far as I know. The ones I've tried are
-The old R02 ProII Silver (this is what I think of when someone says GR02 Silver Cable). It has a silver and black housing.
-The GR02 Bass Edition, which has a slightly more yellowish/gold hue to it
-The new R02 Silver, which has a gray, all-plastic housing and is easy to tell apart from the others

As for the GR02 BE vs id America Spark, they are about on-par sound-wise. The GR02 is a bit more balanced and has better bass control and treble extension. The Spark has a deeper v-shape and boomier, more club-type sound to it. 

Quote:
I have a JH13Pro FP now, so a review isn't "needed" (for me), but nevertheless, I always look forward to reading your reviews. Hope your JH13 review will be one of the lengthier ones (with it's own thread)... I think it deserves that kind of space so you can (deservedly) wax poetic on it. LOL.

The JH13Pro is one of the few phones that, IMO, has entirely/I] lived up to the hype (for me anyways). You and the other IF folks nailed the review on it. I'm finding it damn hard to identify a glaring weakness.. let alone a subtle one.

Right, I was expecting it to fall short of what I'd read about it as well but it surpassed my expectations. That in itself was almost disappointing 
redface.gif

Quote:
Joker, very good review of the H-100.!

apart from the sound score, they seem similar to the FXD80 overall. but what are their differences?

They are not too different IMO. The biggest difference would probably be that the FXD80 is bassier and a little warmer. Just more presence in the mid-bass region. I also didn't find it quite as bright as the H-100. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #10,971 of 16,931
Quote:

Some other questions:

lendmeurears official dealer, you will have guarantee maintenance.

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #10,972 of 16,931
Hello Joker,
Thanks for the nice work and informative Multi IEM review.
When possible could you test out the XBA-40 with the tips below, I think these are Re0/Zero black tips.
Having these tips on I found the XBA40 sounds as good or better than EX1000. (Amped with arrow 4G) XBA40 has EX1000 like timbre with better layering and 3D sound.
Interesting to see how you will find its performance compared to EX1000 or good IEM like Westone 4, as I am still pondering about Westone 4xxx or something better than EX1000 so your finding will be very helpful  
smily_headphones1.gif
900x900px-LL-d46d7df4_XBA40tips.jpeg

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #10,973 of 16,931
If I listen to "dubstep" that has bass and high vocals, kpop that has a bass beat and vocal both male (mid/treble) and female (treble), and rap that has bass and "vocal" that ranges from bass to treble depending on the song would I be better off with V-shaped, balanced, or some other sound signature?

Edit: Also you said that "The GR02 is a bit more balanced and has better bass control and treble extension." Would this mean that the GR02 does not have a very deep V-shaped sound signature? I guess I enjoy the V-shape sound signature but I don't want the mids to be too recessed.

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #10,974 of 16,931
You'd want something bassy, of course. For me, personally, dubstep requires a strong treble. V shaped is great for dubstep. Vocals are mid and treble focused. A strong treble (with a v shape) would make the vocals strong, but not very smooth. It depends on how you enjoy your music. V shaped is the most likely to work in your favor, though.

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #10,975 of 16,931
Quote:
Hello Joker,
Thanks for the nice work and informative Multi IEM review.
When possible could you test out the XBA-40 with the tips below, I think these are Re0/Zero black tips.
Having these tips on I found the XBA40 sounds as good or better than EX1000. (Amped with arrow 4G) XBA40 has EX1000 like timbre with better layering and 3D sound.
Interesting to see how you will find its performance compared to EX1000 or good IEM like Westone 4, as I am still pondering about Westone 4xxx or something better than EX1000 so your finding will be very helpful  
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry, I don't have an XBA-40

Quote:
If I listen to "dubstep" that has bass and high vocals, kpop that has a bass beat and vocal both male (mid/treble) and female (treble), and rap that has bass and "vocal" that ranges from bass to treble depending on the song would I be better off with V-shaped, balanced, or some other sound signature?

Edit: Also you said that "The GR02 is a bit more balanced and has better bass control and treble extension." Would this mean that the GR02 does not have a very deep V-shaped sound signature? I guess I enjoy the V-shape sound signature but I don't want the mids to be too recessed.

If you don't want the mids too recessed that means you are looking for a shallow v-shape like the GR02. With a deeper v-shape you get more recessed mids. Anyway, I think the GR02BE will work well for you. 

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #10,976 of 16,931
Any comments on the SteelSeries Flux In-Ear Pro?

They measure well (but high THD; most of the Sonion 23XX series do), and I'm almost sure they use the Sonion 2359, which is a nice choice.

The Audio-Technica ATH-CK70PRO uses the same driver, and while it wasn't a world beater, I liked it, mostly. However, the CK70PRO will differ in FR because it uses a tapered acoustic horn and uses custom foam damping instead of the standard dampers from KA/S.

At any rate, I'm pegging it as a good mainstream buy (look forward to Black Friday for this thing), and as a good "gateway IEM" for casual listeners to get into hi-fi. It has the trendy flat cables (but only below the Y-Split (?), which is good) and all that jazz, and gamers will like it because of the brand. Good product planning on SteelSeries' part.

At the same time, people in Asia should probably take a look at the CK70PRO, which is being heavily discounted (at least in Japan). It's <$70 at the moment, which would make it a steal. Add on some forwarding fees, at it should still be less than the Flux Pro. It's certainly one of the most overlooked IEMs to come out this side of the International Date Line.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #10,977 of 16,931
Quote:
Any comments on the SteelSeries Flux In-Ear Pro?

They measure well (but high THD; most of the Sonion 23XX series do), and I'm almost sure they use the Sonion 2359, which is a nice choice.

The Audio-Technica ATH-CK70PRO uses the same driver, and while it wasn't a world beater, I liked it, mostly. However, the CK70PRO will differ in FR because it uses a tapered acoustic horn and uses custom foam damping instead of the standard dampers from KA/S.

At any rate, I'm pegging it as a good mainstream buy (look forward to Black Friday for this thing), and as a good "gateway IEM" for casual listeners to get into hi-fi. It has the trendy flat cables (but only below the Y-Split (?), which is good) and all that jazz, and gamers will like it because of the brand. Good product planning on SteelSeries' part.

At the same time, people in Asia should probably take a look at the CK70PRO, which is being heavily discounted (at least in Japan). It's <$70 at the moment, which would make it a steal. Add on some forwarding fees, at it should still be less than the Flux Pro. It's certainly one of the most overlooked IEMs to come out this side of the International Date Line.

They sound good, no doubt about that. I did some quick A:Bs with some of the entry-level single-armatures I like - the UE 600 and MEElec A161P - and they about held their ground. Don't know if I would recommend it over those in general since there are some odd design choices like the modular plug with proprietary connector, but it's a solid buy and surprisingly on the balanced end of the spectrum for something from a "gaming" company.

I also quite like the regular Flux, the dynamic-driver one. It's a lot cheaper and seems to really get into the value-for-money territory. That one will get a review.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #10,978 of 16,931
Hi joker

Would you happen to know the driver used inside the klipsch x10i by any chance please?

Thanks

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #10,979 of 16,931
Hi,

I'm extremely new to IEMs and am looking to buy one for around 130 dollars max. I've been looking at the Brainwavz B2, Re--400, a-jays(the five is coming out soon, should I wait for that one do you think?), Shure 215 and audio technicas, and the velodyne vpulse. 

I like to listen to rap(jayz, kanye), all the pop songs on the radio, rock(rhcp), alternative. I do like bass, but don't like it to be overpowering. 

What can you suggest?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back