Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #10,996 of 16,931
One other quick question (it is all related I promise!) is do either of you (tom or joker) know what drivers the westone 2 uses please?

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #10,997 of 16,931
Quote:

The units I have weren't brand new when I got them. 

I rarely use EQ - mostly when I'm trying to figure why a certain headphone's sound is bothering me. The Cowon has nice presets but the adjustable EQ could be better. I use a parametric EQ plug-in on my PC instead.

May I know which player use on your PC? And no more personal questions 
wink.gif
. BTW all questions in this great thread  are moreles personal - yours empirical opinions about IEMs. Thanks and Respect Man!

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #10,998 of 16,931
Quote:
  Reason I ask is because I sent a klipsch x10i into be reshelled aaages ago.  Had fit issues, but the sound wasn't what I remembered and it seems to be for good reason! 

The X10 has some tuning done to the housing by Klipsch as well. Recently, a DIYer-turned-MOT, a Japanese chap who goes by the handle of KumitateK, remolded an X10 with the anterior housing intact, and it still yielded differences. Remolding is always going to alter the sound, whether it be due to the possibility of insertion depth, tip-related resonance differences, venting differences, or other small factors, a custom remold is almost never going to be exactly the same as the original. Read his blog entry (or just look at the pictures) for more information: http://diy-ciem.blogspot.jp/2013/07/klipsch-x10.html

Quote:
One other quick question (it is all related I promise!) is do either of you (tom or joker) know what drivers the westone 2 uses please?

GQ-30783... this one I'm quite (~98%) sure of. In the future, for driver information, instead of bothering the good Joker (kidding), refer to the chart.

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #10,999 of 16,931
Quote:
May I know which player use on your PC? And no more personal questions 
wink.gif
. BTW all questions in this great thread  are moreles personal - yours empirical opinions about IEMs. Thanks and Respect Man!

I use mediamonkey, mostly for its library management features. It natively supports winamp plugins including the parametric EQ that I use.

Quote:
GQ-30783... this one I'm quite (~98%) sure of. In the future, for driver information, instead of bothering the good Joker (kidding), refer to the chart.

Added the chart thread to the "useful links" section at the front of this thread.

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #11,000 of 16,931
Oh yeah.. and I'm happy to see you liked the H-100. I heard it just the way you did (and was, apparently, one of the ten people on earth who liked it). When I said so way back when I had it, everyone thought I was crazy. Sweet, sweet validation.. so this is what victory tastes like.. LOL.

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #11,001 of 16,931
Oh yeah.. and I'm happy to see you liked the H-100. I heard it just the way you did (and was, apparently, one of the ten people on earth who liked it). When I said so way back when I had it, everyone thought I was crazy. Sweet, sweet validation.. so this is what victory tastes like.. LOL.

Boooo! Hisss!!!

As the resident h100 hater, I am obliged to disparage your reputation. Joker, I no longer consider you my sensei.

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #11,002 of 16,931
Quote:

I remember...H20 came within a hair's breadth of being lynched.    It's amazing how a couple of guys with high post counts (by shouting loud enough) can change the collective opinion on how good (flavors of the month) or bad (like in the K550 and H-100 threads) a model is. 

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #11,003 of 16,931
Quote:
Boooo! Hisss!!!

As the resident h100 hater, I am obliged to disparage your reputation. Joker, I no longer consider you my sensei.

You might hate it, but the H-100 is actually a good IEM with unique qualities (great sub-bass and crystal clear highs). 

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #11,004 of 16,931
Boooo! Hisss!!!

Originally Posted by elvergun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember...H20 came within a hair's breadth of being lynched.    It's amazing how a couple of guys with high post counts (by shouting loud enough) can change the collective opinion on how good (flavors of the month) or bad (like in the K550 and H-100 threads) a model is. 

Good thing I'm a lover.. not a shouter.

You might hate it, but the H-100 is actually a good IEM with unique qualities (great sub-bass and crystal clear highs). 

I agree.. it's a unique sounding phone.. the sig doesn't have "mass appeal".. and even for us nerdy audiophiles, it's a bit odd at first.  To my ears, the mids weren't recessed as much as they were thin.. and it was kind of cool (literally and figuratively).

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #11,006 of 16,931
Hey Joker,

How does the LG Quadbeat HSS-F420 compare to the Vsonic GR02 BE in terms of its V-shaped signature and the general sound quality?

You say that the Sony MH1C's treble "is very inoffensive without sacrificing overall refinement." However, you label the Sony MH1C's sound signature as Warm and Smooth; would the treble of the MH1C be less prominent than that of the V-Shaped Quadbeat or R02 BE?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I buy the right pair of IEM so I don't have to go through the hassle of returning them.

Jul 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #11,008 of 16,931
Quote:
Hey Joker,

How does the LG Quadbeat HSS-F420 compare to the Vsonic GR02 BE in terms of its V-shaped signature and the general sound quality?

You say that the Sony MH1C's treble "is very inoffensive without sacrificing overall refinement." However, you label the Sony MH1C's sound signature as Warm and Smooth; would the treble of the MH1C be less prominent than that of the V-Shaped Quadbeat or R02 BE?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I buy the right pair of IEM so I don't have to go through the hassle of returning them.

Yes, the treble of the MH1C is less prominent compared to the Quadbeat and GR02 BE. Calling the earphones warm and smooth, and calling the treble inoffensive, are not mutually exclusive.

The Quadbeat is more balanced than the GR02 BE and has better treble extension. The GR02 BE has more bass and more treble energy overall but also sounds a little thicker (in a good way) than the Quadbeat.

Quote:
Someone send ASG-1 and 2 the way of ljokerl?

I was supposed to get a set from Aurisonics. Keep forgetting to follow up. 

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #11,010 of 16,931
Quote:
Somehow I just wonder how you can even keep up with all of this.. What you're doing is really admirable. And it would be awesome if you got your hands on the ASG-1 and 2.

I can't 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back