Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #10,201 of 16,931
Does this sound correct to you?

Shure SE215 vs Atrio MG7 vs Sennheiser IE8

Shure SE215 has slightly more bass and impact than IE8 whereas atrio has a lot more than both.

Sennheiser IE8 is slightly brighter and less forgiving of bad recordings compared to the Shures but smoother than the Atrios. Treble is very good with good recordings but not with worse / lower bitrate on the IE8.

I wonder why the IE8 is said to have massive bass when to me it sounds like  less bass than the Shures and Atrio. I must say that overall I am impressed with the IE8 sound, it is nicely balanced and the soundstage / imaging are excellent, Just seems like they don't have as much bass as people say...

May 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #10,202 of 16,931
Quote:
Hello Joker, what are your initial impressions of the Sony MH1C? Thanks!

It's pretty good. Good bass depth and very smooth overall. Reminds me of a bassier Shure SE215. Bass is not as tight as I would like and there's a bit too much of it but for $30 there's really no reason to complain.

Quote:
Does this sound correct to you?

Shure SE215 vs Atrio MG7 vs Sennheiser IE8

Shure SE215 has slightly more bass and impact than IE8 whereas atrio has a lot more than both.

Sennheiser IE8 is slightly brighter and less forgiving of bad recordings compared to the Shures but smoother than the Atrios. Treble is very good with good recordings but not with worse / lower bitrate on the IE8.

I wonder why the IE8 is said to have massive bass when to me it sounds like  less bass than the Shures and Atrio. I must say that overall I am impressed with the IE8 sound, it is nicely balanced and the soundstage / imaging are excellent, Just seems like they don't have as much bass as people say...

I never got the chance to compare the IE8 to the SE215. From memory their bass quantity shouldn't be far apart. The rest sounds about right - I liked the IE8 treble a lot.

May 6, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #10,203 of 16,931
Thanks a lot ! So according to you the JH13 seems to perform better overall. And to your tastes ?
Not too close - compared to the Mirace the JH13 has more midrange presence (and a more forward presentation), better clarity, and more mid-bass by a few dB. The JH13 is more punchy and impactful but also a little more resolving overall. I suppose it could be called more analytical when it comes to how it presents music. The Miracle’s treble seemed a touch smoother to me but they are similar in presence and extension at the top.

May 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #10,205 of 16,931
I think the impressive thing about the IE8 is not really any of the individual parts of the sound but the overall balance and how well integrated it all is... The soundstage on them and the way it is presented just sounds awesome sometimes, sort of like a faster HD650 with more bass and brighter treble .

May 6, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #10,206 of 16,931
Quote:
Thanks a lot ! So according to you the JH13 seems to perform better overall. And to your tastes ?

Close call, but the clarity of the JH13 would cinch it for me. Maybe I would like a little less bass but overall that thing is just an eye-opener when it comes to clarity and imaging. The Hidition NT 6 would also be in the running for me - it's more balanced aside from the treble peak and has some fantastically clean sound.

Quote:
Joker, I've seen some brief references to the Astrotec AX7 as being bright, but what else can you say about it? How does it compare to the other TWFK earphones?

I sent it in for repair and haven't gotten it back yet so I haven't done any listening with it lately. It reminded me of the Brainwavz B2 and Rock-It R-50 more so than the VSonic GR01 but I didn't get a chance to do the A:Bs. 

May 6, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #10,208 of 16,931
What is the best relatively cheap amplification for IEM? I guess one of the Fiio products?

I find that my DAP (sansa clip) actually sounds better than my Desktop amp / dac with IEM's (NAD 326bee and Dacmagic) Probably because the NAD is 60ohm impedance.... However the Sansa clip is a bit lacking in bass etc. Would a fiio or similar be an improvement for IEM?

May 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #10,209 of 16,931
Ibasso T3d is great and ultra small. Or for a.level above Tralucent T1. Beats 400$ amps IMO.
What is the best relatively cheap amplification for IEM? I guess one of the Fiio products?

I find that my DAP (sansa clip) actually sounds better than my Desktop amp / dac with IEM's (NAD 326bee and Dacmagic) Probably because the NAD is 60ohm impedance.... However the Sansa clip is a bit lacking in bass etc. Would a fiio or similar be an improvement for IEM?

May 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #10,215 of 16,931
Quote:

That was a fun one to write
beerchug.gif

They are pretty similar to the EX600/EX1000 minus some of the treble presence. Warmer and more punchy than an ER4, and more spacious as well. Really depends on whether you want something a little more accurate (ER4) or a little more spacious and relaxed, with good mids (7550).

Not familiar with the Galaxy as a source but the A161P doesn't really distort except at max volume. There is some grain in the treble, but it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it. 

Yeah, I guess I should have re-organized it instead of removing it in the first place. 

Not too close - compared to the Miracle the JH13 has more midrange presence (and a more forward presentation), better clarity, and more mid-bass by a few dB. The JH13 is more punchy and impactful but also a little more resolving overall. I suppose it could be called more analytical when it comes to how it presents music. The Miracle’s treble seemed a touch smoother to me but they are similar in presence and extension at the top.

It sounds like you love JH13pro more.
If they really sound very differenet, i will go for JH13 next. But according to others' words, JH13 sometime sounds "boring" (have no idea if it's the proper word to decribe it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back