Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 18, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #16,502 of 16,931
wondering how it compares to the flc8s. also the flc is also competitive at that price range.

The fl8s cost 349$ at lendmeurears, the P1 costs 199$ there is a 150$ different. I have not heard the fl8s, i was gonna buy them but after i recived my P1 i did not felt the need for another iem cause i am soo satisfied with these out of my Fiio x7 i think that other iems in this price range would be a sidegrade then a direct upgrade at this moment but that is just my opinion not based on actul comparisons between these two. But if the fl8s sounds better then the P1 are they 150$ better and the fact that the P1 has a single dynamic driver makes me a little biased towards the P1 cause i like well enginered and tuned dynamic drivers. But there is no doubt the fl8s has the options for tuning the sound to youre liking is a great option and the people in the fl8s thread seems happy with the fl8s. But there is a user in the p1 thread that wrote that the p1 gets more eartime over the P1 but that could maybe the honemoon period or that he prefers the tonality of the P1 or it just could be alot of other factors. But i would loved to. Listen the fl8s so i can figure this myself. This is a question i would like someone could answer indepht:)

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #16,503 of 16,931
Wonder if MEE will do a 'premium' BA iem too.

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #16,505 of 16,931
the only thing i hate about the p1 is the mmcx connector, but it could well be the first mmcx in my collection.

Yeah the connecter has me worried, i belive my fidue a83 had similar connector and it quit on me early on. Had to send it back to China for repairs. But the two years warranty on the P1 gives me a little peace of mind but i am still worried that the connector can go bad. I am thinking about using some tape or glue so it wont spin around that may extend its life?

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #16,510 of 16,931
I dont remember that it was spinning or not been a long time, and barely used them. My Pinnacle p1 does spin so i asumed the a83 did the same.
"The detachable cables utilize MMCX connectors modified to stop them from rotating, which is something I found slightly annoying with a few other MMCX earphones such as the Shure SE535. Fidue does this using an extra pin on the outside of the connector. This results in the A83′s cable being incompatible with other MMCX earphones, but other manufacturers’ cables will still work with the A83." It seems like if you used the stock cable, it didnt rotate.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #16,511 of 16,931
"The detachable cables utilize MMCX connectors modified to stop them from rotating, which is something I found slightly annoying with a few other MMCX earphones such as the Shure SE535. Fidue does this using an extra pin on the outside of the connector. This results in the A83′s cable being incompatible with other MMCX earphones, but other manufacturers’ cables will still work with the A83." It seems like if you used the stock cable, it didnt rotate.

Yes now i remember they did not rotate cause of the extra pin.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #16,512 of 16,931
I'm looking for a step up IEM from my Klipsch x11i,
Which iem in my list would be better?
I'm going to be getting a FIIO x5ii or a Astell&kern DAP latter on. I mainly listen to indie rock and classic rock.
I have the klipsch x11i as my main iem.
I'm now looking at:

RHA t20i,
JH Audio
Noble Audio (3,4, or5)
Or
Astell&kern Rossie

Thanks

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #16,513 of 16,931
hi joker and others in this thread:

- thoughts on the dunu dn-2000j? i couldn't find a review on it
- what source do you guys use for iems? which DAP, which amp, etc.
- is there a TRUE upgrade to the DN-1000, something that builds on the same sound signature?

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #16,514 of 16,931

- is there a TRUE upgrade to the DN-1000, something that builds on the same sound signature?

Here's a nice 2000J review for you
wink_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-dn-2000j/reviews/13243

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #16,515 of 16,931
  OK I have a request for some suggestions: Basically looking for a BA version of the Aurisonics Rockets, specifically in terms of toughness and very small size, preferably with an unfatiguing easy/smooth signature and low volume listening. ATM best candidates look like Jays Q-Jays and etymotic hf-2/5- but I'm not sure either of these has the smooth/non-fatiguing aspect. Audiofly and Shure looked like prospects sound-wise but also a little on the large size.

Rockets build quality is really on another level compared even to something like an HF5. Some of the old-school TWFK earphones (e.g. mainly the Audio-Technica CK10 and maybe the NOCS NS800 or the new q-JAYS) are the only small BAs I'd put on the same level for build quality, but those never sound as smooth as the Rockets.

I'm looking for a step up IEM from my Klipsch x11i,
Which iem in my list would be better?
I'm going to be getting a FIIO x5ii or a Astell&kern DAP latter on. I mainly listen to indie rock and classic rock.
I have the klipsch x11i as my main iem.
I'm now looking at:

RHA t20i,
JH Audio
Noble Audio (3,4, or5)
Or
Astell&kern Rossie

Thanks

The RHA T20i and Noble 4 (the only ones on your list I've tried) aren't very similar to the X11i, so it's hard to call either a step up. The X11i has some bass enhancement and pretty relaxed highs. The T20i is more v-shaped and the Noble 4 is much flatter.

1) I chose to skip the DN-2000J but there's plenty of reviews out there on it.
2) Depends on who you ask - there's tons of possible (good) setups. I keep things simple with an Android phone + OPPO HA-2
3) Depends on what you want improved. Something with an identical sound signature wouldn't really be different from the DN-1000. Sets like the DN-2000, FLC8, K3003, etc improve on it in meaningful ways while maintaining a slightly v-shaped profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back