Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 4, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #16,471 of 16,931
Congratulations on 350, very very respectful!

I was wondering if you've posted impressions on the Aurisonics Rockets somewhere? I've tried searching but couldn't find any.....

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #16,472 of 16,931
Thanks, everyone! Had to skip a few to make the T20 #350, but it's an interesting IEM to be sure.

soundstige
's post is great - way more detailed than mine would have been. I don't have much to add except that I too would not recommend getting an Ety for under-helmet use - with the long housings and angled strain relief they're really not the ideal shape. in addition to what soundstige recommended, I think the Aurisonics Rockets, or even a Yamaha EPH-100, would be a better choice if cable-up/ergonomic earphones aren't your thing. These IEMs isolate very well (not Ety-level, but close) and they don't stick as far out of the ear if you wear them deep enough.

Great, another phone maker enters the fray :xf_eek:  

But but, they haven't fallen off mate. The icons are pretty special :wink:

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #16,474 of 16,931
350 IEM reviews in ONE thread! Congratulations @ljokerl!
beyersmile.png
beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #16,476 of 16,931
  Awesome work Joker, to call you a contributor is really an understatement!

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Hi Joker

I actually found your site with realising your were on here as well. Many thanks for your reviews, on the back of your recommendations I've broadened my horizons to kit that isn't universally available in the UK.  I bought a few V-Sonics and even a JVC set and been pleased with the performance of all, especially the V-Sonic VC1000.

I hope you'll get chance to give us your view on the Eightball and Flare Audio IEMs at some point.

Thanks for all the hardwork

Seems the VC1000, while gone, is not forgotten!

I treasure mine greatly - it's one of the all-time best values in the IEM world if you ask me. 

Congratulations on 350, very very respectful!

I was wondering if you've posted impressions on the Aurisonics Rockets somewhere? I've tried searching but couldn't find any.....

They're scattered here and there but I haven't posted the full review yet. I completed one for InnerFidelity but ran into some issues when it came time to publish.

Anyway, I'm still working on re-writing it for posting here.

I like the Rockets a lot though, and included them in my most recent buyer's guide.. twice: http://theheadphonelist.com/2015-holiday-buyers-guide-the-most-gift-worthy-earphones-for-audiophiles-and-music-lovers/

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #16,477 of 16,931
  They're scattered here and there but I haven't posted the full review yet. I completed one for InnerFidelity but ran into some issues when it came time to publish.

I like the Rockets a lot though, and included them in my most recent buyer's guide.. twice: http://theheadphonelist.com/2015-holiday-buyers-guide-the-most-gift-worthy-earphones-for-audiophiles-and-music-lovers/

Thanks Joker! My own pair arrived extremely fast so I've already had a copuple of days with them and my impressions equals yours: Great balanced sound, excellent built and comfort in addition to the IP65 water resistance. These will most certainly see a lot of use from me. 

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #16,479 of 16,931
this thread is very difficult to backread

Of course it is. It's over a thousand page's and moving towards 17,000 posts how could it not be.

If you're interested in the reviews the first post gives an excellent overview in my opinion......

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #16,481 of 16,931
this thread is very difficult to backread

What's that supposed to mean?

In my opinion I find it very rude to come in here as a new member and start to criticize one of the biggest contributions to this community......

Feb 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #16,483 of 16,931
What's that supposed to mean?

In my opinion I find it very rude to come in here as a new member and start to criticize one of the biggest contributions to this community......

Kids, I swear
rolleyes.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #16,484 of 16,931

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Seems the VC1000, while gone, is not forgotten!

I treasure mine greatly - it's one of the all-time best values in the IEM world if you ask me. 

Thanks Joker! My own pair arrived extremely fast so I've already had a copuple of days with them and my impressions equals yours: Great balanced sound, excellent built and comfort in addition to the IP65 water resistance. These will most certainly see a lot of use from me. 

they certainly look compact but they are listed as under the "durability" section

and seeing the abuse from I think it was a youtube video and such and from tyll's video too they look pretty sturdy

but my question is the lack of strain relief in the housing (there is NONE) and being that they are a straight barrel housing, they cable will most definitely angle downwards (from the weight of the cable and jack and all)

any concerns in regards to this area?

also I've seen pictures that there isn't a LIP on the nozzle/housing, and heard incidents of the eartip being lodged in the ear. =( this was one of the reasons I was hesitant on the dunu 1000s

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #16,485 of 16,931
There's also an alternative way to navigate the front page of this thread: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ developed because it was getting too unwieldy.

They've become my sole travel IEM - very small footprint in my luggage, very high isolation (stock tips or Comply T200s), durable build, and a generally smooth and pleasant sound well-suited for all sorts of use. Plus the sensitivity is low enough that they work decently well with in-flight multimedia systems. It's like they were made for travel 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back