Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 29, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #16,516 of 16,931
My cousin is looking into a sub $50 iem, and he's looking for something with boosted bass. I recommended the VSD3S and he liked it but it went through the washer and didn't survive(which he was bummed about because his Earpods had survived many) and doesn't want to get another one for that reason. What are his options?

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #16,517 of 16,931
My cousin is looking into a sub $50 iem, and he's looking for something with boosted bass. I recommended the VSD3S and he liked it but it went through the washer and didn't survive(which he was bummed about because his Earpods had survived many) and doesn't want to get another one for that reason. What are his options?

The Bass IEM thread has some good recommendations, but not many under $50.

KZ has some great offerings in the sub $30-40 price range with really nice bass but I always use an amp. there is a thread here just for KZ IEMs.

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #16,518 of 16,931

Philips SHE3590, DIY IE800, **** UE. :wink:

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32489941823.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32506518312.html?productSubject=subject&detailNewVersion=2&adminSeq=224701538&productId=32506518312&productId=32506518312&shopNumber=1825606&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #16,519 of 16,931
Hello, i would like ask you an opinion about some iems, since i am relatively new with iems i am a bit afraid of buying one by my only knowledge even because i do not have much to spend.. I am searching for a 400$ or less iem (or better a ciem) to couple with my ibasso dx80. Since now i found a lot of people talking good about custom art one and two or shure se525 and se425 or also kef m200.. i am used listen to elettronic music with huge bass and subbass or classical (less frequently though)
I would be really thankful to everyone that will help me in any way 
redface.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #16,520 of 16,931

Philips SHE3590, DIY IE800, **** UE. :wink:

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32489941823.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32506518312.html?productSubject=subject&detailNewVersion=2&adminSeq=224701538&productId=32506518312&productId=32506518312&shopNumber=1825606&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

I can vouch that the Philips do survive being put through the washer! :tongue_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 29, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #16,521 of 16,931
Hello, i would like ask you an opinion about some iems, since i am relatively new with iems i am a bit afraid of buying one by my only knowledge even because i do not have much to spend.. I am searching for a 400$ or less iem (or better a ciem) to couple with my ibasso dx80. Since now i found a lot of people talking good about custom art one and two or shure se525 and se425 or also kef m200.. i am used listen to elettronic music with huge bass and subbass or classical (less frequently though)

I would be really thankful to everyone that will help me in any way :xf_eek:

You may want to consider the Oriveti Primacy.
The FLC8s are also one of the most popular IEMs around that price range.
These two are only ones that I have tried and think of for your budget for now.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #16,522 of 16,931

It seems he looking more into build quality than sound,to me..... he better be certain theres no earphones inside any clothes/bag before tossing them for a wash, if sound is also a primary reason and there are tons of choices in the sub$50 price bracket that you are lookin for.

Just like @vapman recommended, KZ is the first that comes to my mind,as they have most of their line-up under $15 with very reasonable build quality and -no complaint- sound offerings for their price being offered (different sound to meet different needs). If you stretch your budget a little further, you once again have more than handful offerings from easy earphones,tennmak etcetra to name (from aliexpress) , just like what @ozkan quoted,besides the very budget buddy she3590 (overall as a package, like sound isolation,price,form-factor)

Otoh, you may also want to take a look on "chinese/asian" thread (crowded) as well,here in head-fi where many could point you in right direction. Vsonic vsd2 series,piston 2,ostry kc06 are also some good candidates to consider,imo, if vsd3s sounded good to your cousin.

Edit: He... :wink:

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #16,525 of 16,931

It's hard to say how any particular IEM will do in the washer... I doubt it's a design criteria for manufacturers, especially those focused on the Head-Fi/audiophile market. There's a handful of water-resistant IEMs out there that would probably be more durable in this regard than average (e.g. the Mee M6 and Audio-Technica CKX5), and many more "regular" IEMs that may or may not outlast a VSD1S. I'm partial to the Xiaomi Piston 2 as an inexpensive, bass-boosted in-ear.

I would be really thankful to everyone that will help me in any way 
redface.gif

Tons of options out there in this price range but not all will be equally good for what you want. The SE535 and SE425 have little to no bass enhancement, for example, so they may not be what you're after. 

Someone mentioned the FLC Technology FLC8 and I do think that's a good option here. In its enhanced-bass configuration(s) it has deep bass with more impact compared to something like an SE535/SE425, but still not overwhelmingly bass-heavy. It's about as Hi-Fi as enhanced-bass earphones in this price range get. Plus, it gives you the option of tweaking the sound tuning for better balance when you're listening to classical (or for any other reason).

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #16,526 of 16,931

Quote:

Someone mentioned the FLC Technology FLC8 and I do think that's a good option here. In its enhanced-bass configuration(s) it has deep bass with more impact compared to something like an SE535/SE425, but still not overwhelmingly bass-heavy. It's about as Hi-Fi as enhanced-bass earphones in this price range get. Plus, it gives you the option of tweaking the sound tuning for better balance when you're listening to classical (or for any other reason).v

HBB actually just added the FLC8s to his basshead iem list http://www.head-fi.org/t/761433/the-best-iems-for-bass-are-the-iem-bass-club
And pretty much all of the top 10 list is within that budget if you include used Aurisonics- I thought the 2.5s were very enjoyable for electronica, fx850 were one of my favorites for classical.
I have not heard but Sony 800/7550 might also be good for classical since it is closely related to ex1000 which is my favorite.

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #16,527 of 16,931
Thank you so much, i was a little undecided about what to get, i was really about to buy gr07 then i reconsidered the FLC8S :) I think i'll get them, i trust your experiences since i am a bit new with iems :D
Thank you again you have been so kind to me!

HBB actually just added the FLC8s to his basshead iem list http://www.head-fi.org/t/761433/the-best-iems-for-bass-are-the-iem-bass-club
And pretty much all of the top 10 list is within that budget if you include used Aurisonics- I thought the 2.5s were very enjoyable for electronica, fx850 were one of my favorites for classical.
I have not heard but Sony 800/7550 might also be good for classical since it is closely related to ex1000 which is my favorite.

It's hard to say how any particular IEM will do in the washer... I doubt it's a design criteria for manufacturers, especially those focused on the Head-Fi/audiophile market. There's a handful of water-resistant IEMs out there that would probably be more durable in this regard than average (e.g. the Mee M6 and Audio-Technica CKX5), and many more "regular" IEMs that may or may not outlast a VSD1S. I'm partial to the Xiaomi Piston 2 as an inexpensive, bass-boosted in-ear.

Tons of options out there in this price range but not all will be equally good for what you want. The SE535 and SE425 have little to no bass enhancement, for example, so they may not be what you're after. 

Someone mentioned the FLC Technology FLC8 and I do think that's a good option here. In its enhanced-bass configuration(s) it has deep bass with more impact compared to something like an SE535/SE425, but still not overwhelmingly bass-heavy. It's about as Hi-Fi as enhanced-bass earphones in this price range get. Plus, it gives you the option of tweaking the sound tuning for better balance when you're listening to classical (or for any other reason).

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #16,528 of 16,931
I had the FLC8s, sold them. Heard the GR07, and found the Pinnacle P1s better. Just my $.02. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #16,529 of 16,931
I have both Gr07 and Flc8s. Flc8s is far far better than GR07.

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #16,530 of 16,931
So, I have been away for a long time, maybe two years? (About 7k posts in this thread, anyway, hah). I am looking for a new pair of iems and I'm just wondering how much the landscape has changed since I was experimenting last. I had a pair of Atrio M5s (MG7) which I loved, also owned FXT90s. I especially loved the lush presentation of the FXT90s, the dual dynamic driver setup was amazing for the price point.

I was looking at another pair of them actually, but I figured I'm in a great position to experiment a bit right now. Budget is $100-$200us. So I was looking at: GR07, DBA-02 (/Brainwavz B2), HiFi RE400, ER-4S, RE272/262 R-50. I tend to prefer musicality and soundstage in my iems, I have no problem fussing with tips to get the right fit/isolation. I think that's part of why I loved the FXT90s so much, they had incredible dynamics for such a cheap option, and dual dynamic drivers, what the heck. I'm not super averse to a somewhat biased signature, but I was very attracted to something a bit more analytical, which is why so many options.

Anyways, the point of this is, have any new players come along that I should look into? I am happy to continue looking at all the old options I was considering years ago but I figure it's been a while, I'm sure something has changed since then! So glad this thread is still alive and joker is going strong :) love the new site and form by the way! It's amazing. The amount of content is unreal dude! You are a national head fi treasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back